Wrecks - lots of effort, little to nothing in return

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
I'm currently going through all the large wrecks in the game. Im almost finished actually. And basically, some of the wrecks contain essentially nothing whatsoever of any use. Not all of them have PDAs or databoxes which is understandable, but finding a large wreck should at least give me something I dont have surely?

There are still a couple of blueprints that I need, however at the last wreck I was at I found 6 fragments for the nuclear reactor, which I already have. I can't understand the logic behind the game spawning 6 fragments of something that you only need 2 or 3 of to have to full blueprint, and then the insult to injury is the fact that I already have it!

Ive left the most dangerous wrecks until the end (I'm in the dunes currently) and I'm having to battle Reaper Levs along with warpers at the same time, for literally no gain. It's just seriously disappointing.

Comments

• WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Just completed the very last large wreck in the game. 2 lv's and a warper and what did I get for my efforts? Some water (which I already have a massive amount of due to two water filtration machines) and a nutrient block lol. Literally a waste of time.
  • MrFurious1000MrFurious1000 Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246499Members
    if you have two filtration machines you are late game and dont need to scavenging wrecks anymore....you should be going deeper. Wrecks are for early game
    Wrecks contain databoxes with useful gear. That doesnt change no matter what stage of the game you are at.
    Well, they SHOULD...
  • MrFurious1000MrFurious1000 Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246499Members
    That my be true but what do you expect for a $30 dollar game.
  • VanessaMagickVanessaMagick Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248606Members
    Wrecks are guaranteed spawns for fragments, world fragments are random.

Data boxes are fixed.
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    edited January 2019
    PS4 player. I've explored multiple wrecks at 200-400 feet. I float the Seamoth as low as it can. Then I bust into the wreck and do as many return trips for oxygen as I need. SOMETIMES a creature will attack the Seamoth or chase me. I just run away.

Not knocking your experience, but I've found stuff in almost every wreck. PDA's, Blueprints, time capsule once. It's part of the experience. But... if you have most items, stop exploring the wrecks. At some point you will max out on things you can find. These seems like a very very weak complaint when you compare it to the massive rendering issues and glitched save files.
    PS4 player. I've explored multiple wrecks at 200-400 feet. I float the Seamoth as low as it can. Then I bust into the wreck and do as many return trips for oxygen as I need. SOMETIMES a creature will attack the Seamoth or chase me. I just run away.

Not knocking your experience, but I've found stuff in almost every wreck. PDA's, Blueprints, time capsule once. It's part of the experience. But... if you have most items, stop exploring the wrecks. At some point you will max out on things you can find. These seems like a very very weak complaint when you compare it to the massive rendering issues and glitched save files.

Yeah I pretty much do the same. I have no issue with the process of how to explore a wreck. Ive done all of em. Maybe I actually have found everything now and that's why I'm not seeing anything else. I was sure there were still a couple of things I hadn't though.

Just because there are more serious issues with the game doesn't mean we can't talk about the less serious ones does it? I'm sorry if you think its very very weak. I'm just about to post another bug ive just found in the lost river regarding the Cyclops. Hopefully that one is serious enough for ya lol.
  • EntrakEntrak Norway Join Date: 2019-01-18 Member: 248946Members
    Do keep in mind that this is a survival exploration game, with a limited set of items you can build and not a set way of getting to the end.

You don't have to go find every wreck to get all the blueprints you need, mostly because that would demand way too much out of most players, especially since there's no map system beyond the scanner room.

However, I do think that if they added some unique non-mission-related items at each wreck, that would be cool and enough to fulfill your request. Things like perhaps a teddy bear that belonged to a crew-member, a lamp to put on a shelf or table or even just a diary/last words PDA, such as those found in the Aurora.