Interesting communication idea for aliens

SendzSendz In-game alias: Psychlone Join Date: 2008-02-13 Member: 63645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Just an idea I thought up, might need some balancing or tweaking, but I think it could add another interesting element to the game regarding communication to/from teammates.

Marines:

Would keep the current communication style (everyone can mic chat)

Aliens:

Only com can give orders through audio karaa-style sounds, having a unique sound depending on the order. Aliens can only communicate to comm or nearby aliens with specific sounds (kind of like the need healing sound or taunt).

Twist:

Aliens can evolve the ability to understand nearby marine voice chat through upgrade (I'd say Shade hive would make the most sense)

P.S. I know it seems like a nerf for aliens, but it's just a thought at the moment and I realize it isn't a perfectly formed concept.

Comments

• SendzSendz In-game alias: Psychlone Join Date: 2008-02-13 Member: 63645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Something that I forgot to note was that Aliens do not have any voice chat, other than the animalistic sounds they can hear
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yea.. as a rpg mode - great.

Competitive players are just gonna hop on teamspeak to communicate, and the feature will never be touched at a certain level.
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited January 2019
    Actually I like this idea. It would make it so people with or without microphones can let the team know whats going on in the area. It would just have to be not too distracting and so that marines can not hear it or it would be useless.

I am imagining it more of a local taunt kind of thing for individual players can use it. Kind of like how the marines have a voice menu.