Game stuck on main menu?

mbdjmbdj Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247069Members
My games loading up the menu fine, allows me to press start before suddenly freezing on the menu screen and never loading the game, I’ve tried a hard reset, reinstalling twice and still no success. Was looking forward to playing this game but this is just ridiculous. Any one got a solution?

Comments

• Catphish7Catphish7 Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248286Members
    Did you ever find a fix for this? It’s happening to me.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Game not even getting to the menu , it freezes at the pic of the Aurora , it’s so frustrating , I was playing it yesterday and the saving was a bit slow but now I can’t even start it ?
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Getting same issue now , even after reinstalling several times ?
  • alnicholalnichol Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250474Members
    edited February 2019
    I'm experiencing the same issue, game is stuck on the pic of the Aurora, won't even load the main menu. :(:(:( Really hoping this won't impact my saved game, I've made so much progress.
  • deszczurdeszczur Europe Join Date: 2019-02-16 Member: 250996Members
    Since last update I'm experiencing the same issue on the Start Menu.
  • misterstarskymisterstarsky Join Date: 2019-02-17 Member: 251035Members
    I just bought this yesterday, played a couple hours and today I am not able to interact with the title menu. That's not great. What can we do here? I'd rather play the game but I'll take my $30 back if its not gonna work.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    I believe this issue is caused by the game confusing a peripheral as an active controller. We have a patch in the works that should fix this, but the workaround in the meantime is to:
    1. Hit the home button and exit Subnautica by pressing the menu button as you highlight Subnautica and choosing "Quit"
    2. Sign out of your profile and then
    3. Disconnect/turn off all your controllers
    4. Connect one controller and sign in
    5. Relaunch Subnautica

Those steps are a bit aggressive, and cover a particularly rare use case. In most use cases I've spoken to people they had a guitar hero/rock band controller that was connected and removing that did the trick.

Please let me know if this helps, or if it does not. We are really sorry about this issue, and thank you for reaching out on the forums(my apologies for not responding to this topic sooner).
  • misterstarskymisterstarsky Join Date: 2019-02-17 Member: 251035Members
    The update fixed it, wooooo! This game is awesome.
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I am a huge fan of the game, have been since early access on pc a few years ago. My pc died and now I can only play via XB1. I played through 99% of the game, all but the final cutscene to 'finish' it but didn't... I want a 'real' playthrough after they fully fix it and I can experience the true intended subnautica experience.

I recently upgraded my xb1 to an xb1x and for old times sake I dusted off subnautica and started a new playthrough, curious as to which selection of bugs I'll get.... Really minor complaints to be honest... It hung on the main menu (thus why I post here) and wouldn't let me choose between survival, creative, hardcore, etc.... I tried all of them... spammed all of the buttons. Nothing noticeably happened. A few minutes later the game launched with no notice. Some kind of crazy delayed reaction. Anyone else experience anything like this?

When I did get in, the load time was much faster, the framerates were better, the draw distance wasn't quite what I expected but still far less 'pop in'. I'm still fairly early into this playthrough but when night fell I climbed on top of the lifepod and looked up. All of the 'birds'.... if you want to call them that, while flying free all day long, beautifully, were now frozen in place and I could hear them, with their mouths opening repeatedly like a short gif you'd find on tumblr.

I'm not complaining about one of my favorite games, but in a topic about freezing on the menu I haven't seen a similar experience and will throw my story into the pool. For those without the weirder bugs, happy exploring!
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Cristof wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the game, have been since early access on pc a few years ago. My pc died and now I can only play via XB1. I played through 99% of the game, all but the final cutscene to 'finish' it but didn't... I want a 'real' playthrough after they fully fix it and I can experience the true intended subnautica experience.

I recently upgraded my xb1 to an xb1x and for old times sake I dusted off subnautica and started a new playthrough, curious as to which selection of bugs I'll get.... Really minor complaints to be honest... It hung on the main menu (thus why I post here) and wouldn't let me choose between survival, creative, hardcore, etc.... I tried all of them... spammed all of the buttons. Nothing noticeably happened. A few minutes later the game launched with no notice. Some kind of crazy delayed reaction. Anyone else experience anything like this?

When I did get in, the load time was much faster, the framerates were better, the draw distance wasn't quite what I expected but still far less 'pop in'. I'm still fairly early into this playthrough but when night fell I climbed on top of the lifepod and looked up. All of the 'birds'.... if you want to call them that, while flying free all day long, beautifully, were now frozen in place and I could hear them, with their mouths opening repeatedly like a short gif you'd find on tumblr.

I'm not complaining about one of my favorite games, but in a topic about freezing on the menu I haven't seen a similar experience and will throw my story into the pool. For those without the weirder bugs, happy exploring!

Thank you for sharing your experience and comparison to the preview version you remember, this is super helpful. I've also noticed the roosting birds, and it is irking me more than you know! On my short list of pet peeves to fix(along with PS4 moon still missing).
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I haven't experienced a moon vanishing yet, in any playthrough I've ever done. Though I wouldn't mind it... those eclipses have scared the crap out of me, when I'm in a dangerous area and everything gets suddenly VERY dark... That moon is deliberately trying to screw with me.
  • CLEATUSCLEATUS USA Join Date: 2019-03-09 Member: 251610Members
    It wont load my saved game I click on the saved game and it just stays there at that screen until game crashes. Please help I'm so close to finishing I could never restart