[NEED HELP] Reset my cache, now nothing is spawning in

BoomikBoomik Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248046Members
Just recently I reset my Subnautica cache because I was lagging a lot, but now nothing new is spawning in. In my current save anything I have not explored does not spawn anything. Went to lost river for the first time and it was completely barren. Made multiple new saves and from the beginning nothing spawned. Only happens since I reset my cache. Any help?

Comments

• BoomikBoomik Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248046Members
    P.S. I’m on Epic Games launcher. I deleted everything in the CellsCache folder because I looked online and someone said to do that.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You probably cleared the Subnautica main cache in \Build18 instead of the one in your saved games folder. See here:
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    AngryB34r wrote: »
    I cleared the cache under build 18 and still haven’t had any luck.

That's your problem. You need to:

1) Find your saved game folder(s) and clear their cache, for you, this should be in
    "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames"

2) Fix your \Build18 folder that was incorrectly cleared by re-verifying Subnautica in Epic Games launcher.
    a) Click the gear / cog icon at the lower-right of Subnautica
    b) Click "Verify"

\Build18 contains the "blank slate" world information that Subnautica builds your saved game world from. Clearing your saved game cache from the slot### save folders forces Subnautica to give you a fresh copy from \Build18. Clearing the cache folders in \Build18 deletes the "fresh / default" world, and Subnautica cannot access that information until \Build18 is rebuilt by re-verifying the game data files, as above, or uninstalling / reinstalling the game.

• BoomikBoomik Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248046Members
    I verified my files. Does that mean stuff will start spawning in my current save or do I have to make a new one?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Stuff *should* start spawning in your current save, which you should notice immediately.