Scanner room issues

Jman426Jman426 United States Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246039Members
Is anyone else having problems with the scanner room not picking things up? I'm at the tail end of the game. I need to find the Cyclops shield generator. It's the only blueprint in the game that I don't have. Supposedly you get it from a datapad. I set my scanner room which has 4 range upgrades in it, to search for data pads and it finds 3 from places I've already been. If it finds those 3, 2 of which are destroyed life pods, why is it not picking up the other destroyed life pods that had datapacks? It did earlier in the game before I moved down to the lost river. It only picks up a few wrecks also when I set it to wrecks. I've been thru several day/night sequences in the game and it never finds any more.

Comments

• gwennie_changwennie_chan USA Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246842Members
    I've had issues, yes. The scanner room is often bugged in the latest update.
  • Jman426Jman426 United States Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246039Members
    Well, I finally found the databox. I had to make basically a mobile scanner room. Packed it up and moved it several times before it located the wreck I needed.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    I put down 1 multi-Purpose room for the bioreactor + 1 scanner room at a few locations.
  • Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    edited January 2019
    Everytime i load up the game my scanner rooms all delete everything I've found except scrap, creature eggs and usually a random 3rd resource. Actually have a locker in each of my scanner rooms with one of every resource. When i pick them up they pop up in the scanner list. Sometimes i need to pop outside and drop it and then pick it back up before it shows up on the list. So i barely use them. Also this was a problem in the preview and every patch so far.