VR main issues

2»

Comments

• OCHOBAOCHOBA Россия Join Date: 2018-06-11 Member: 241326Members
    Razorboy wrote: »
    Just got this game in the Steam sale. Trying to play in VR but the game wont work with my xbox controller. The controller works on steam and it works on the game when its not in Vr mode but when I lauch game in VR mode the controller doesnt work. I have it enabled in the options. Anyone with any idears would be great. Brill game was so looking forward to it in Vr

try to on controller before start the game.. u have same problem on ds4
  • arczi79arczi79 Polska Join Date: 2018-06-24 Member: 241677Members
    What is progress of making this game playable in VR? Still menu is too close to face, and still problem with vehicles. ANY PROGRESS ON IT????
  • arczi79arczi79 Polska Join Date: 2018-06-24 Member: 241677Members
    I see that this subject is strongly ignored from a few months... so looks like no hopes for good gameplay in VR :(:(:(
  • FrozenLiquidityFrozenLiquidity United States Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238012Members
    I can't imagine many of these fixes are "too difficult" or otherwise impossible to fix. These were posted on March 7th, how many more months can we expect to wait before they get addressed?
  • ProntiusProntius Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239941Members
    Help will arrive in 99999 hours
    o:)
  • bguy317bguy317 Canada Join Date: 2018-07-14 Member: 242179Members
    Picked up the game during the Steam Summer Sale, playing on an Oculus Rift with XBox controller. Version 60072. I haven't experienced every issue stated here, but the big ones that keep coming up are:

1. The mentioned issue where control panels, the Cylops pilot station and Scanner Room interface will ONLY work with Gaze-based cursor.
    2. Unable to rename beacons or lockers unless I hold down 'A' on the controller, remove the headset and type on the keyboard.
    3. When docking the PRAWN with the Cyclops, the Cyclops teleports several meters straight up and pitches backward about 45 degrees, leaving me in the water to swim to catch up. (The angle also screws up the centering for the VR headset.)

This is otherwise an amazing game. But the VR needs a bit of polish...
  • ExploringUnderseaExploringUndersea Join Date: 2018-08-06 Member: 242715Members
    edited August 2018
    At least now I know I can hold down 'A' on the controller to name things, and switch to gaze-based cursor for scanner rooms! Before I found this topic, I was just giving everything one-letter names in VR, then occasionally playing non-VR to name things and change scanner settings.

Please devs! This is such a great game in VR, except for several issues that make a big difference! Please fix these sorts of issues!

Also, I had a crash yesterday and one just now, so I'll post a crash report when the forum will let me create new topics.
  • openglcgopenglcg United States Join Date: 2018-08-08 Member: 242730Members
    edited August 2018
    I'm having an issue. A few months ago I could play the game on my system (i7 6700hq and gtx 1070). It would get a little choppy sometimes in the late game but early game ran smooth as butter. Today I update oculus, steam vr, and subnautica and I can barely make it through the starting menu it is so laggy. Did something happen to this game or to steamVR? Is there an easy fix I am missing? How come my performance is so bad now?

Edit: It appears to be something with this game. SkyrimVR is still running smooth. One interesting thing is that the steamVR display timing is reporting that cpu and gpu timing are insanely good for Subnautica. Maybe something is stopping the game from using its full potential. ASW / ATW getting triggered full on or something like that...?? IDK any help would be great
  • openglcgopenglcg United States Join Date: 2018-08-08 Member: 242730Members
    I was able to improve it slightly by turning down some graphics options and setting the monitor resolution to 640x480 but its still running very choppy compared to the earlier version. Hoping to figure this out still.
  • Bogey_JammerBogey_Jammer Join Date: 2018-03-20 Member: 239330Members
    edited August 2018
    Hello openglcg, do you have enough RAM ? I noticed some of my VR games crashed during loading in VR mode only, because someday I deactivated the window's pagefile and my RAM wasn't big enough.
    Subnautica requires more than 8 GB to run in VR mode without pagefile.
  • BeddallBeddall Join Date: 2018-08-13 Member: 242829Members
    With the state of the game in VR at the minute, I'm surprised it's even available as a VR game in the Oculus store. It is by far the worst VR experience of all the games I have tried so far... and that's a lot. It's such a shame because the portion of the game I played on normal monitors was brilliant and really enjoyable, but the VR experience is barely playable.

Have the devs even commented on whether they are going to finish this game on PC? the only recent mentions I've seen are... PC version is content complete and only optimisations from the PS4 version will be ported across to PC... and that the PS4 won't be getting a VR release.

I could understand if they had bolted on VR to the steam version as a bit of a gimmick.... but it's being sold .. for £18.99 on the Oculus store... as Early Access still... as a VR game. Which it most definitely is NOT at this point.

So.. is this getting updated?
  • masrykingmasryking Join Date: 2018-03-10 Member: 238858Members
    DEVS!!! UPDATE US!!!! PLEASEEEEEE!!!! TALK TO US!!!!

even tell us you won't be updating. It would be better than the silence..
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    masryking wrote: »

They legit have been saying updates are coming recently so much. Obraxis made like 5 posts on it if you count comments.
    So... how are those updates coming?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    So... how are those updates coming?

See if there's fixes in the Dec 4 (console updates merged) build.
  • joethebrojoethebro Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 247969Members
    The Cyclopes is barely usable. I wish they'd at least put in a temporary cursor system for the Cyclopes HUD until they get it fixed, you don't use the right joystick for anything in there, since you can't rotate the player camera when piloting it.
    Cyclops is not usable. Its a sham. They basically stole my money. They owe me 35% of the purchase price back for the part of the game i cant play.

These developers are garbage.

They legit have been saying updates are coming recently so much. Obraxis made like 5 posts on it if you count comments.

How's that working out?
  • WhoTnTWhoTnT Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248508Members
    My mod VR Enhancements fixes most of the issues that the OP listed. www. nexusmods. com/subnautica/mods/173
    WhoTnT wrote: »
    My mod VR Enhancements fixes most of the issues that the OP listed. https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/173

0x6A7232 wrote: »
    WhoTnT wrote: »
    My mod VR Enhancements fixes most of the issues that the OP listed. https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/173

Thanks! Does this fix the cyclops piloting when using a controller?
  • BeaBea Portugal Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247652Members
    how do i make a new thread? i cant find anything that lets me start one
    Click "New Discussion" at the top-left of the list of threads in whichever forum you want (Bug Reporting, Subnautica Discussion, etc)