Epic Games - Floater Island Empty, have cleared cache

AngryB34rAngryB34r USA Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247647Members
Downloaded Subnautica from Epic Games. I didn’t realize I was missing plants, animals and bases on the island until a friend told me. I have everything there in the creative mode. I have verified the game and believe that I cleared my cache. I have adjusted resolution and the quality as well. I want to play the game but this is crucial. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You made sure you cleared the cache in the correct SavedGames slot ##? Like if you have a Creative save where everything is fine, you might accidentlly have cleared that (so, no change to that save). Check the screenshot.jpg to see which save is which.
  • AngryB34rAngryB34r USA Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247647Members
    I cleared the cache under build 18 and still haven’t had any luck.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    AngryB34r wrote: »
    I cleared the cache under build 18 and still haven’t had any luck.

That's your problem. You need to:

1) Find your saved game folder(s) and clear their cache, for you, this should be in
    "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\Subnautica\SavedGames"

2) Fix your \Build18 folder that was incorrectly cleared by re-verifying Subnautica in Epic Games launcher.
    a) Click the gear / cog icon at the lower-right of Subnautica
    b) Click "Verify"

\Build18 contains the "blank slate" world information that Subnautica builds your saved game world from. Clearing your saved game cache from the slot### save folders forces Subnautica to give you a fresh copy from \Build18. Clearing the cache folders in \Build18 deletes the "fresh / default" world, and Subnautica cannot access that information until \Build18 is rebuilt by re-verifying the game data files, as above, or uninstalling / reinstalling the game.