Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• DaconDacon United States Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245275Members
    I'm assuming with the PS4, we just report the bugs using the consoles built in features and that's sufficient enough? There have been more than a few odd crashes since release, and knowing the best method of reporting them would be beneficial.
  • Adrian_AlucardAdrian_Alucard Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245799Members
    I wanted to report an issue, but the in-game report fails to send the feedback [PC, Epic Store ver.] I tried last night and this morning multiple times and if just say the servers are not working.

What I really wanted to report is that the Windows antivirus says there a trojan in C:\ProgramData\Unknown Worlds\Subnautica\TempSave\tmp636877\CellsCache\baked-batch-cells-10-18-14.bin

I've read you fixed this in the Steam version of the game months ago, but it seems that it's present in the Epic Store version
  • mehallmehall Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245812Members
    edited December 2018
    Posting here, as I apparently need to wait a day before I can post an individual topic.

I got Subnautica on the Epic Store, but when i launch it's just a black screen.
    I've done lots of troubleshooting and followed a lot of steps and suggestions I found online, however some were not possible to do directly as it is not through Steam.

The game is clearly loading, as if I click in the right place it opens up the Red Bubble store, but there is no graphic on screen, beyond the mouse cursor being changed to the games one.
    There is also no audio, indicating this is not the same issue as a lot of other people have had.

I am an NVidia user, so not facing the AMD driver issues.
    I have set the nvidia control panel to not scale full screen outputs, that made no change, I tried to force windowed mode through a windows shortcut (as I can't do it from the Epic Launcher like you can with Steam)

edit; It was in vrmode, and the place to change game launch options in the epic store is REALLY dumb.
  • WilliamdelangWilliamdelang Nederland Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245855Members
    Same problem here.

today at Epic games store bought for free, and played for 3 hours this afternoon. (firts time i start the game, no problems)

But this evening i start the game and it wil not load anmore. Just a black screen, (i thnk the same: My subnautica is just very zoomed so much that I can't even see the menu. )

A black screen, on the left top game is saving...

When i click my mouse, a get a windows message, subnautica is not responding any more.

Please help?

William
  • AngryKFPAngryKFP United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245865Members
    Came here to submit a bug report about the Epic games launcher version and multiple controllers only to discover I have to post at least once and wait a day before being able to do so... hence this post. Be back tomorrow with a bug report.
  • Logos_GroveLogos_Grove Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245966Members

Oops!
    The game crashed.
    The crash report folder named "2018-12-16_221226" next to game executable.
    It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
    ОК
  • cloutclout United States Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246027Members
    Hi, I'm just posting here so I can make a bug report. it seems like the in game report isnt working. This isn't a crash report...i'll end up making a thread when I'm able to but for now I figured I would post it here. I managed to get out of the map twice, once by accident. I'm not really sure which room I was in, but I was in the aurora, I jumped in the wrong spot and glitched above the ceiling. It took me a while but I finally managed to escape the area I was in and make it towards the entrance of the ship. (I came here thinking I could post a picture but I guess I'll just wait it out until I can make a thread. Devs, if you're reading this...please make posting pictures/make threads available to the new comers so we can make accurate bug reports.)

I haven't saved in a while and made a lot of progress since my last save.

Also I have been REALLY enjoying this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great work!! :)
  • BrainMainMindBrainMainMind Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246109Members
    Hi, when I go into the game, it works for about two minutes, and then it just crashes. I bought the game for free at EPIC GAME. Please help :'(
    I attach files from the folder with errors
  • deadworld66deadworld66 Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246056Members
    Hi I'm playing on xbox one, and I cant save the game without it crashing, only to find that when I try to load the saved game, it never saved. I've lost over 8 hours of work so far. Wont be playing again for awhile.
  • thedirector101thedirector101 Canada Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246182Members
    just got the game on epic games platform, and after playing the game for about 5-6 min, the game crashes.
    please note i believe that the epic launcher interferes with the game and forces a crash.. or maybe not.. pls help
    here is the log info:
    Initialize engine version: 5.6.2p4UnknownWorlds (0)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (ID=0x68a1)
    Vendor: ATI
    VRAM: 1010 MB
    Driver: 15.200.1062.1004
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.260 seconds
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: E:\Epic Games\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on OVRScreenFade
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 376)

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1600x900 60Hz; virtual: 1600x900 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)"!

(Filename: Line: 1028)

UnloadTime: 1.320989 ms
    FMOD Studio: Creating runtime system instance

(Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Loading game settings

(Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Process name: Subnautica

changeset 61919, QualityLevel = 0

OK Running Win64

Application version: 61919

SystemInfo:
    deviceModel = Aspire 7745G (Acer)
    deviceName = TAFMF
    deviceType = Desktop
    deviceUniqueIdentifier = 3d55c23cd3db2184413a1e47907b1035c26e66ed
    graphicsDeviceID = 26785
    graphicsDeviceName = AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
    graphicsDeviceType = Direct3D11
    graphicsDeviceVendor = ATI
    graphicsDeviceVendorID = 4098
    graphicsDeviceVersion = Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    graphicsMemorySize = 1010
    graphicsShaderLevel = 50
    npotSupport = Full
    maxTextureSize = 16384
    operatingSystem = Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
    processorCount = 8
    processorFrequency = 1729
    processorType = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz
    supportedRenderTargetCount = 8
    supports3DTextures = True
    supportsAccelerometer = False
    supportsComputeShaders = True
    supportsGyroscope = False
    supportsImageEffects = True
    supportsInstancing = True
    supportsLocationService = False
    supportsRawShadowDepthSampling = True
    supportsRenderTextures = True
    supportsRenderToCubemap = True
    supportsShadows = True
    supportsSparseTextures = False
    supportsStencil = 1
    supportsVibration = False
    systemMemorySize = 8124

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
    UnloadTime: 7.714552 ms
    Heartbeat CSV, time s,15.90966, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,9.890625, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,0.005409241, CellManager MB,0, ClipMapManager MB,-9.536743E-07, GCCount,31, PlayerPos,2.078138,3.397397,-0.686676, WorkingSet MB,0

Unloading asset bundle 'logos' because it is no longer referenced

Unloading 2159 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10723.
    Total: 126.369102 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.061054 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.018422 ms MarkObjects: 120.079155 ms DeleteObjects: 4.209875 ms)

Cyclops::Awake frame 940

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Cyclops total ms: 8022.214 self ms: 8022.215

Streamer not ready for __LIGHTMAPPED_PREFAB__

Loaded lightmapped prefab Cyclops frame 940

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene EscapePod total ms: 2399.425 self ms: 2399.425

Caching tech types for 3316 prefabs

Loaded lightmapped prefab EscapePod frame 1022

Streamer not ready for RegenPowerCell(Clone)

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Aurora total ms: 3195.596 self ms: 3195.596

Loaded lightmapped prefab Aurora frame 1156

PAXTerrainController::Initialize called - frame = 1156

PAXTerrainController::MountWorld frame 2335

builders ready, building world..

loading static world at 'SNUnmanagedData\Build18'.

World in SNUnmanagedData\Build18 is from version 39

LargeWorld: Loading world. Frame 2337.

LargeWorld land 'Voxeland (Voxeland)'

LargeWorldStreamer::Deinitialize called, frame 2337

LargeWorldStreamer::Initialize frame 2337

Read streaming settings:
    max frame ms 10, skip ents False, budget 200

LargeWorldStreamer allocated space for 26,20,26 octree batches

LargeWorldStreamer is disabling grass! Either override disable is on, or this is a standalone build

Calling LoadPrefabDatabase frame 2337

L1: Initialize prefab database (WorldEntities) total ms: 137.5853 self ms: 137.5859

L1: SaveLoadManager.Initialize total ms: 4.8363 self ms: 4.8363

L1: Create octree compiler total ms: 3.1417 self ms: 3.1417

L1: Create worker thread total ms: 2.0002 self ms: 2.0002

L0: Streamer initialize total ms: 456.5311 self ms: 308.6881

L0: cellManager.ResetEntityDistributions total ms: 46.7562 self ms: 46.7562

Read clip map settings from SNUnmanagedData\clipmaps-low.json:
    {
    "chunkMeshRes": 16,
    "maxWorkspaces": 8,
    "maxMeshQueue": 20,
    "maxThreads": 2,
    "debugSingleBlockType": false,
    "vertexBucketStride": 300,
    "triangleBucketStride": 175,
    "levels": [
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 5,
    "chunksVertically": 5,
    "colliders": true,
    "downsamples": 0,
    "maxBlockTypes": 8,
    "meshOverlap": 0,
    "grass": true,
    "entities": true,
    "skipRelax": false,
    "debug": false,
    "fadeMeshes": false,
    "ignoreMeshes": false,
    "castShadows": false,
    "highPriority": true,
    "visual": {
    "useLowMesh": true,
    "simplify": {
    "maxError": 0.01,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.005,
    "skipRandomPhase": false,
    "writeDebugOutput": false
    }
    },
    "grassSettings": {
    "reduction": 0.5,
    "maxVerts": 10000,
    "maxTris": 10000
    }
    },
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 7,
    "chunksVertically": 7,
    "colliders": false,
    "downsamples": 1,
    "maxBlockTypes": 4,
    "meshOverlap": 1,
    "grass": false,
    "highPriority": false,
    "maxError": 0.1,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.001,
    }
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 5,
    "chunksVertically": 5,
    "downsamples": 2,
    "maxBlockTypes": 1,
    "fadeMeshes": true,
    "maxError": 1.0,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.0005,
    }
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 8,
    "chunksVertically": 4,
    "downsamples": 3,
    "maxBlockTypes": 1,
    "ignoreMeshes": true,
    "maxError": 1.0,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.0005,
    }
    },
    }
    }
    ]
    }

Prewarming all workspaces for res = 16

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 16

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=10648

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 16

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=10648

ClipMapManager initialize done

initializing first time explosion

L0: LoadSceneObjects total ms: 4.5011 self ms: 4.5017

L0: LoadGlobalRoot total ms: 1.739 self ms: 1.739

L0: RefreshExistingBatchesForPlayMode total ms: 183.8686 self ms: 183.8686

loading palette for LargeWorld at 'BlockPrefabs'.

L0: Loading palette total ms: 7170.486 self ms: 7170.486

L0: Loading heightmap total ms: 665.6963 self ms: 665.6963

biome map downsample factor: 4

L0: Loading biome map total ms: 39.6492 self ms: 39.6498

LargeWorld: calling land.Rebuild frame 2374

L0: Rebuilding land total ms: 29.7498 self ms: 29.7504

L0: Refresh signal database total ms: 2.06 self ms: 2.06

OK world mounted: SNUnmanagedData\Build18

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 18

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=13824

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 18

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=13824

LOADING FINISHED

PerformGarbageAndAssetCollection, Time.time=15.88762, Time.frameCount=3083, DateTime.Now=12/17/2018 9:48:01 PM

L0: PerformGarbageCollection -> GC.Collect total ms: 82.5657 self ms: 82.5657

Unloading 7 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
    LightmappedPrefabs all loaded, maybe starting intro vignette frame 3084

Unloading 2313 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 87671.
    Total: 552.085815 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.249951 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.084484 ms MarkObjects: 533.964966 ms DeleteObjects: 1.784608 ms)

--- PerformGarbageAndAssetCollectionAsync: GC Time 82.8208 Asset GC Time 565.9807

L0: PerformGarbageCollection -> GC.Collect total ms: 70.7804 self ms: 70.7809

Achievement Unlocked: DiveForTheVeryFirstTime

L0: CellManager::EstimateBytes total ms: 2.6538 self ms: 2.6544

Heartbeat CSV, time s,75.88911, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,330.3047, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,123.044, CellManager MB,11.44917, ClipMapManager MB,4.394291, GCCount,41, PlayerPos,-71.0017,-2.118768,-106.7693, WorkingSet MB,0

OnTriggerExit failed. Fixing.

broke, spawned Titanium

Registering stray entity Titanium(Clone)

L0: CellManager::EstimateBytes total ms: 2.6615 self ms: 2.6621

Heartbeat CSV, time s,135.939, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,340.7344, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,123.1821, CellManager MB,11.54938, ClipMapManager MB,4.063246, GCCount,41, PlayerPos,-1.627574,-9.25377,-79.65325, WorkingSet MB,0

L0: CellManager::EstimateBytes total ms: 2.3424 self ms: 2.3424

Heartbeat CSV, time s,195.8927, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,359.5, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,123.4684, CellManager MB,11.28289, ClipMapManager MB,5.523934, GCCount,41, PlayerPos,78.45013,-22.42228,-93.11475, WorkingSet MB,0

broke, spawned gold

Registering stray entity gold(Clone)

L0: CellManager::EstimateBytes total ms: 2.9179 self ms: 2.9185

Heartbeat CSV, time s,255.8916, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,347.9922, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,123.4762, CellManager MB,11.29736, ClipMapManager MB,1.958759, GCCount,42, PlayerPos,31.2947,-6.292534,-89.9004, WorkingSet MB,0

broke, spawned copper

Registering stray entity copper(Clone)

• manozika7manozika7 Brazil Join Date: 2018-12-19 Member: 246355Members
    edited December 2018
    I'm playing on PC, the game crashed and closed itself when i tried to change the graphics. It didn't save and i tried to give feedback, but it said that there was an error and it didn't get sent, twice. I was loving this game but this pissed me off, if at least there was autosave...
    Edit: Tried to play the game again, didn't even take 5 minutes to crash this time. Maybe it's because the graphics are too high for my PC? As far as i know, when that's the problem, the game just gets slow, doesn't straight up crashes
  • DartTimeTimeDartTimeTime Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246423Members
    clout wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just posting here so I can make a bug report. it seems like the in game report isnt working. This isn't a crash report...i'll end up making a thread when I'm able to but for now I figured I would post it here. I managed to get out of the map twice, once by accident. I'm not really sure which room I was in, but I was in the aurora, I jumped in the wrong spot and glitched above the ceiling. It took me a while but I finally managed to escape the area I was in and make it towards the entrance of the ship. (I came here thinking I could post a picture but I guess I'll just wait it out until I can make a thread. Devs, if you're reading this...please make posting pictures/make threads available to the new comers so we can make accurate bug reports.)

I haven't saved in a while and made a lot of progress since my last save.

Also I have been REALLY enjoying this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great work!! :)

same here
  • lddldd Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246432Members
    yay.

i want to report a problem, but
    Hi! You need to wait for one day and post 1 time before you will be able to create new topics.

so i guess i'm not playing today, and instead of avoiding spam, this policy is creating this meaningless spam post so that i can create a new thread about my issue.

tomorrow.
  • themrpattymanthemrpattyman Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246426Members
    Hey devs, theres a huge issue with the latest update from epic on mac. Loads of people on reddit are having issues with pixelated screens and not loading.
  • edeyzedeyz Australia Join Date: 2018-12-19 Member: 246330Members
  • bjjbbjjb Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246504Members
    downloaded subnautica today on epicgames, the game launches. When I start a new game instead of playing the cinematic it will display a black screen. I can skip this, however I cant play the game properly after. Random bubles will float on the surface of the water, you can't pick things up and when you open the menu it wont allow you to select any of the options, it wont close either

my PC meets the minimum requirements, i have read something about the alienware sound software interfering with the game sound
    nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
    my pc is alienware (idk if this information will help)
  • M0rtalSinM0rtalSin Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246628Members
    This is a problem I've been trying to solve and search up on how to fix it. I downloaded Subnautica on Epic Games and when I launch it an error shows up the error says "The Game Crashed. the crash report folder named 2018-12-21_142710 next to game executable." I tried everything. I rewrote the module/file that it tells in the file inside that file the error said, I tried everything to restarting my computer, restarting epic games, opt out beta epic games, update to beta epic games, to add line command novr, to deleting the file 2018-12-21 entirely, to restoring the file I tried everything! someone, please help!
  • priitspriits Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246767Members
    edited December 2018
    Downloaded from Epic Games, random crashes at random stages.

Dxdiag: pastebin.com/UqQDwfig
    Crash report: pastebin.com/L2HShWxE

My CPU and RAM is overclocked. Never had any issues with other games or tests tho
  • XceSXceS Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246725Members
    The game keeps randomly freezing, sound is there, image stops, and an "Oops" message shows.

Quite unplayable, also quite random..
    How can i Fix this ?
  • bill280bill280 Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246816Members
    Downloaded from Epic Games store, will crash at random times.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @priits Subnautica may give better performance without the overclock.
  • drbobdrbob Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246031Members
    M0rtalSin wrote: »
    This is a problem I've been trying to solve and search up on how to fix it. I downloaded Subnautica on Epic Games and when I launch it an error shows up the error says "The Game Crashed. the crash report folder named 2018-12-21_142710 next to game executable." I tried everything. I rewrote the module/file that it tells in the file inside that file the error said, I tried everything to restarting my computer, restarting epic games, opt out beta epic games, update to beta epic games, to add line command novr, to deleting the file 2018-12-21 entirely, to restoring the file I tried everything! someone, please help!

I had these symptoms. Are you trying to play using an AMD GPU? The fix for me was to roll back to the 18.6.1 radeon drivers. (see my post about it)
  • IrishlancerIrishlancer Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247355Members
    Hey guys
    So I just baught the game subnautica and I started it up but the first thing that happened was i got into the game but it would not let me do anything
  • playerboy345playerboy345 Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247753Members
    crashing randomly while exploring
    Puush link to zipped file with two crash folders and dx diag
  • DanSmalleyDanSmalley Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247849Members
    I have a hole bunch of crashes saved up so as soon as I'm able to post, I'll be dumping the logs. No idea what was going on at the time of the crashes now though it never seemed as though anything in particular had happened and it has crashed under all sorts of settings.
  • SkyArceusSkyArceus Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245541Members
    So this only happens when I'm on my base (I've left said base to go away from it and experienced no crash in that period of time) and when i come back to base the game freezes (audio keeps playing) and then a short bit afterwards windows tells "subnautica has stopped responding". Crash reports attached.
    PS: I've aqquiered Subnautica on Epic Store.
  • achachaachacha United States Join Date: 2019-01-08 Member: 248327Members
    Game crashed when I click "Play" on new game during loading screen:

Initialize engine version: 5.6.2p4UnknownWorlds (0)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ID=0x13c2)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 4043 MB
    Driver: 25.21.14.1735
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.047 seconds
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on OVRScreenFade
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 376)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Pass 'FLIP_RGBARECT_TO_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Setting to default shader.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 3840x2160 60Hz; virtual: 7680x2160 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.218800 ms
    FMOD Studio: Creating runtime system instance

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Loading game settings

Process name: Subnautica

changeset 61056, QualityLevel = 0

OK Running Win64

Application version: 61056

SystemInfo:
    deviceModel = GA-990FXA-UD3 (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
    deviceName = ONYX8
    deviceType = Desktop
    deviceUniqueIdentifier = 473f1a174ec221abc9fbd31ebfd416eb76989011
    graphicsDeviceID = 5058
    graphicsDeviceName = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    graphicsDeviceType = Direct3D11
    graphicsDeviceVendor = NVIDIA
    graphicsDeviceVendorID = 4318
    graphicsDeviceVersion = Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    graphicsMemorySize = 4043
    graphicsShaderLevel = 50
    npotSupport = Full
    maxTextureSize = 16384
    operatingSystem = Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    processorCount = 8
    processorFrequency = 4027
    processorType = AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
    supportedRenderTargetCount = 8
    supports3DTextures = True
    supportsAccelerometer = False
    supportsComputeShaders = True
    supportsGyroscope = False
    supportsImageEffects = True
    supportsInstancing = True
    supportsLocationService = False
    supportsRawShadowDepthSampling = True
    supportsRenderTextures = True
    supportsRenderToCubemap = True
    supportsShadows = True
    supportsSparseTextures = True
    supportsStencil = 1
    supportsVibration = False
    systemMemorySize = 16365

Saving game settings

Unloading 7 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
    UnloadTime: 7.351912 ms
    Heartbeat CSV, time s,68.05047, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,12.19141, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,0.005409241, CellManager MB,0, ClipMapManager MB,-9.536743E-07, GCCount,38, PlayerPos,2.078138,3.397397,-0.686676, WorkingSet MB,0

Unloading asset bundle 'logos' because it is no longer referenced

Unloading 2175 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10730.
    Total: 72.597069 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.818888 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.513822 ms MarkObjects: 67.915962 ms DeleteObjects: 3.343022 ms)

Cyclops::Awake frame 9250

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Cyclops total ms: 6843.032 self ms: 6843.033

Streamer not ready for __LIGHTMAPPED_PREFAB__

Loaded lightmapped prefab Cyclops frame 9250

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene EscapePod total ms: 3278.677 self ms: 3278.678

Caching tech types for 3316 prefabs

Loaded lightmapped prefab EscapePod frame 9638

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Aurora total ms: 3405.358 self ms: 3405.359

Loaded lightmapped prefab Aurora frame 9969

PAXTerrainController::Initialize called - frame = 9969

• mastercoymastercoy Join Date: 2018-05-15 Member: 240730Members
    i need to create a topic to ask for help
  • flyingsandwichflyingsandwich Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248641Members
    Cheers m8 (just posting this so I can qualify to submit a bug report tomorrow about not being able to climb ladders in VR).
  • Warped500Warped500 USA Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248655Members
    Game often crashes on launch. Older computer (meets 1st and 3rd minimum but not middle) but runs great once successfully launched. Crashes more now with recent update than before. Was crash once-launch once. Now it's crash 6 or 8 times, launch once.
    ALSO: crashes on camera drone viewing when you try to exit.

I will repost with pastebin links once the forum initiates me. :smile:

Thank you! :smile: