Maptesting is back!

KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
edited December 2019 in NS2 General Discussion
MT.jpg?width=1057&height=679

Thats right folks, we're back!

Maptesting will officially start up again this year, better yet, THIS MONTH!
Under the new format there will be two optional aspects to map testing, Quality assurance and Maptesting.

Quality assurance:
Paying high attention to detail around all official and official candidate maps, reporting issues such as geometry holes, misaligned textures, dev textures, occlusion issues, stuck spots, prop misalignments and all the other beautiful mistakes the mappers have made during their thousands of hours of hard work.
These sessions will be held weekly on Wednesdays at 21:00 CET/CEST (15:00 EST/12:00PST)

Maptesting:
We will be playing games on the up and coming maps, providing feedback to the mapper and offering potential solutions/alternates to improve playability of the map/s being tested.
These sessions will be held on saturday at 21:00 CET/CEST (15:00 EST/12:00PST)

If you are interested in participating, apply here

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow. The rarest badge of all, the map testing badge, will be possible to get again. Map test while you can guys. This is a rare opportunity.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nordic wrote: »
    Wow. The rarest badge of all, the map testing badge, will be possible to get again. Map test while you can guys. This is a rare opportunity.

I will have so many awesome badges that I can't display them all at once. Truly, the gravest of problems.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    ah yes the green gorge, much sought after but I never use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also join map testing if you want to see the next plant infested map before anyone else!!!!!!!!!!

:trollface:
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Loki wrote: »
    ah yes the green gorge, much sought after but I never use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also join map testing if you want to see the next plant infested map before anyone else!!!!!!!!!!

:trollface:

Trees are the real enemy.
  • BorkacMKBorkacMK Macedonia Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248178Members
    Hi. I applied using the application but i made a mistake using another forum Acc that i couldn't confirm because of using a wrong email.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    The first batch of invites will be going out on the 14th, please check your forum inboxes if you have applied.
  • BorkacMKBorkacMK Macedonia Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248178Members
    Okay. If I made it please send it to this account, not BorkacMKD that I cannot open. Thank you.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    There has been a slight delay on getting messages out for applications, apologies for this, don't worry if you didn't receive a message yet, the invites will be coming soon™!
    edited January 2019
    Check your inboxes folks!

First wave maptester invites have just been sent out, If you didn't receive an invite, message me directly and I will gladly explain why you never received one.
    Wave 2 of invites will be getting done tomorrow, if you've not applied yet and have been meaning to, now is the time!
    Invites have been sent out guys and gals, Check your emails!
  • alexzhangalexzhang usa Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231765Members
    I submitted my application on the MAY 15. PLZ don't tell me I was late :(
    edited April 2020
    Maptesting is again looking for more testers, Spread the word, application can be found in the original post!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I'd rather spread the word instead. NDA is still a thing for MTs you know :tongue:
    Mephilles wrote: »
    I'd rather spread the word instead. NDA is still a thing for MTs you know :tongue:

I have no idea what you mean, I always said word.... o:)
    Emails have been sent out, please check your spam just in case and the applications are still open for anyone that wants to join the official maptesting team!
    Anyone wanting to join up, do so soon, I'll be sending out invites sometime in the next week!