[ BUG ] Windows10 new install - no sound, freezes in pause menu

PaisleyPaisley Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226097Members
edited December 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I played Subnautica about a year ago on a Windows 7 pc with only minor problems. Yesterday I downloaded a fresh install of the game on a newer build Win10 PC, with Nvidia 1080ti, an intel I7 cpu, and 16 gb ram, excited to return to the game and see all of the changes and improvements. When I open Subnautica, there is no sound at all on either the opening menu, the black screen "intro", or after I hold the escape key to enter the game. I spawn in the pod, still with no sound. I can interact with items, I can open the hatch and enter the water, etc. I entered the pause menu via escape key, try to exit the game, or save, or anything at all and nothing happens. It's locked. I have to shut the game down via task manager. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, and all drivers including video and sound are up to date. I have tried running the game in compatibility mode for both Win 7 and 8, with the same result. My game build is Dec-2017 57474. I appreciate any other advice or recommendations anyone has to help me get back into this fun game!

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Please post your \Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\output_log.txt
    and the output of dxdiag (save all information button)
  • PaisleyPaisley Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226097Members
    https://pastebin.com/47cyfCs0

partial output log only - the "line 1" repeats for several pages

https://pastebin.com/kyXirhHx

I only left out some errors at the end of the file pertaining to a different game (ARK)
    Paisley wrote: »
    https://pastebin.com/47cyfCs0

partial output log only - the "line 1" repeats for several pages

https://pastebin.com/kyXirhHx

I only left out some errors at the end of the file pertaining to a different game (ARK)

Wat? It's supposed to be just for Subnautica. ARK's would be in its own folder. And at the end of the output log, you can see it has a problem initializing FMOD (what they use for audio) because the output device (sound card) won't initialize.

@nesrak1 -- any ideas?
  • PaisleyPaisley Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226097Members
    Update: from the output log I was able to get enough information to pinpoint the FMOD issues with Unity engine and I found some ideas online. Just for fun I completely uninstalled my Nvidia sound device and drivers ( update check said I had the most recent, but I did this anyway), restarted my pc and let windows 10 reinstall drivers - started Subnautica and it seems to be working correctly now.

Regarding the ARK files - I have no idea - I have never looked for output logs before, but I only opened the Subnautica folder.

I will post back if anything changes, but for those having similar issues, try completely uninstalling sound devices/drivers (not just look for updates)
    Thank-you for your help!
  • AFassassinXAFassassinX Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235782Members
    Paisley could you explain to me how exactly you fixed this problem ( in the simplest way you can), i have the exact same problem. please help
    @Paisley could you explain to me how exactly you fixed this problem ( in the simplest way you can), i have the exact same problem. please help

FTFY ;)
    @AFassassinX click start, type in
    devmgmt.msc

and in the list of drivers, go to "Sound, VIdeo, and Game Controllers" and expand it (click the arrow on the left). Find your nVidia sound device, right-click, and click uninstall (or remove). Restart the computer and let Windows install drivers for that device.
  • EthosbroEthosbro Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236056Members
    I'm having a similar or the same problem, as soon as I enter the water or emerge all sound in the game goes. I've also tried all the suggested troubleshooting fixes, compatability mode, adjusting audio frequency and reinstalling driver and the game etc.

It wont let me post an output log link so here it is.

Output Log
    Initialize engine version: 5.6.2p4UnknownWorlds (0)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (ID=0x17c8)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 6097 MB
    Driver: 23.21.13.9065
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PerformanceTesting.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.VR.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.346 seconds
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on OVRScreenFade
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 376)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Pass 'FLIP_RGBARECT_TO_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Setting to default shader.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 2560x1440 59Hz; virtual: 2560x1440 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.171674 ms
    FMOD Studio: Creating runtime system instance

(Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Loading game settings

(Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Process name: Subnautica

changeset 59790, QualityLevel = 2

OK Running Win64

Application version: 59790

SystemInfo:
    deviceModel = System Product Name (System manufacturer)
    deviceName = DESKTOP-RQBVPR7
    deviceType = Desktop
    deviceUniqueIdentifier = 129c486a92f2f1e44597947b71b2a011f325a8ed
    graphicsDeviceID = 6088
    graphicsDeviceName = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    graphicsDeviceType = Direct3D11
    graphicsDeviceVendor = NVIDIA
    graphicsDeviceVendorID = 4318
    graphicsDeviceVersion = Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    graphicsMemorySize = 6097
    graphicsShaderLevel = 50
    npotSupport = Full
    maxTextureSize = 16384
    operatingSystem = Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    processorCount = 8
    processorFrequency = 4008
    processorType = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    supportedRenderTargetCount = 8
    supports3DTextures = True
    supportsAccelerometer = False
    supportsComputeShaders = True
    supportsGyroscope = False
    supportsImageEffects = True
    supportsInstancing = True
    supportsLocationService = False
    supportsRawShadowDepthSampling = True
    supportsRenderTextures = True
    supportsRenderToCubemap = True
    supportsShadows = True
    supportsSparseTextures = True
    supportsStencil = 1
    supportsVibration = False
    systemMemorySize = 32691

Unloading asset bundle 'waterdisplacement' because it is no longer referenced

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)
    UnloadTime: 4.928390 ms
    Heartbeat CSV, time s,9.125959, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,12.75391, OctNodes MB,7.247925, CompactOctrees MB,0.005390167, CellManager MB,0, ClipMapManager MB,-9.536743E-07, GCCount,32, PlayerPos,2.078138,3.397397,-0.686676, WorkingSet MB,0

Unloading asset bundle 'logos' because it is no longer referenced

Unloading 2079 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10752.
    Total: 43.218582 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.473166 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.719458 ms MarkObjects: 40.665733 ms DeleteObjects: 1.359714 ms)

Cyclops::Awake frame 1344

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Cyclops total ms: 3755.237 self ms: 3755.238

Streamer not ready for __LIGHTMAPPED_PREFAB__

Loaded lightmapped prefab Cyclops frame 1344

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene EscapePod total ms: 1453.23 self ms: 1453.23

Caching tech types for 3316 prefabs

Loaded lightmapped prefab EscapePod frame 1534

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene Aurora total ms: 1145.088 self ms: 1145.088

Loaded lightmapped prefab Aurora frame 1674

PAXTerrainController::Initialize called - frame = 1674

PAXTerrainController::MountWorld frame 3146

builders ready, building world..

loading static world at 'SNUnmanagedData\Build18'.

World in SNUnmanagedData\Build18 is from version 39

LargeWorld: Loading world. Frame 3148.

LargeWorld land 'Voxeland (Voxeland)'

LargeWorldStreamer::Deinitialize called, frame 3148

LargeWorldStreamer::Initialize frame 3148

Read streaming settings:
    max frame ms 10, skip ents False, budget 200

LargeWorldStreamer allocated space for 26,20,26 octree batches

LargeWorldStreamer is disabling grass! Either override disable is on, or this is a standalone build

Calling LoadPrefabDatabase frame 3148

L1: Initialize prefab database (WorldEntities) total ms: 2.5294 self ms: 2.5296

L1: SaveLoadManager.Initialize total ms: 2.3538 self ms: 2.3541

L1: Create octree compiler total ms: 4.8978 self ms: 4.8978

L1: Create worker thread total ms: 0.6053 self ms: 0.6053

L0: Streamer initialize total ms: 170.8603 self ms: 160.3754

L0: cellManager.ResetEntityDistributions total ms: 16.7714 self ms: 16.7714

Read clip map settings from SNUnmanagedData\clipmaps-high.json:
    {
    "chunkMeshRes": 16,
    "maxWorkspaces": 8,
    "maxMeshQueue": 20,
    "maxThreads": 2,
    "debugSingleBlockType": false,
    "vertexBucketStride": 300,
    "triangleBucketStride": 175,
    "levels": [
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 7,
    "chunksVertically": 7,
    "colliders": true,
    "downsamples": 0,
    "maxBlockTypes": 2147483647,
    "meshOverlap": 0,
    "grass": true,
    "entities": true,
    "skipRelax": false,
    "debug": false,
    "fadeMeshes": false,
    "ignoreMeshes": false,
    "castShadows": true,
    "highPriority": true,
    "visual": {
    "useLowMesh": false,
    "simplify": {
    "maxError": 0.001,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.005,
    "skipRandomPhase": false,
    "writeDebugOutput": false
    }
    },
    "grassSettings": {
    "reduction": 0.0,
    "maxVerts": 10000,
    "maxTris": 10000
    }
    },
    {
    "colliders": false,
    "downsamples": 0,
    "maxBlockTypes": 2147483647,
    "grass": true,
    "castShadows": true,
    "highPriority": false,
    "useLowMesh": true,
    "maxError": 0.01,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.001,
    }
    },
    "reduction": 0.5,
    }
    },
    {
    "downsamples": 1,
    "maxBlockTypes": 2,
    "meshOverlap": 1,
    "grass": false,
    "castShadows": false,
    "maxError": 0.1,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.0005,
    }
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "chunksPerSide": 8,
    "chunksVertically": 4,
    "downsamples": 2,
    "maxBlockTypes": 1,
    "grass": false,
    "fadeMeshes": true,
    "castShadows": false,
    "maxError": 1.0,
    "antiSliverWeight": 0.0005,
    }
    },
    }
    }
    ]
    }

Prewarming all workspaces for res = 32

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 32

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=54872

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 32

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=54872

ClipMapManager initialize done

initializing first time explosion

L0: LoadSceneObjects total ms: 1256.064 self ms: 1256.064

L0: LoadGlobalRoot total ms: 3.9599 self ms: 3.9599

L0: RefreshExistingBatchesForPlayMode total ms: 80.0111 self ms: 80.0114

loading palette for LargeWorld at 'BlockPrefabs'.

L0: Loading palette total ms: 2525.083 self ms: 2525.083

L0: Loading heightmap total ms: 380.3864 self ms: 380.3864

biome map downsample factor: 4

L0: Loading biome map total ms: 59.6318 self ms: 59.6318

LargeWorld: calling land.Rebuild frame 3208

L0: Rebuilding land total ms: 10.4782 self ms: 10.4782

L0: Refresh signal database total ms: 3.0127 self ms: 3.0127

OK world mounted: SNUnmanagedData\Build18

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 34

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=64000

Growing ChunkWorkspace to meshRes = 34

Growing RasterWorkspace to L=64000

LOADING FINISHED

PerformGarbageAndAssetCollection, Time.time=9.1053, Time.frameCount=4388, DateTime.Now=1/29/2018 12:03:36 AM

L0: PerformGarbageCollection -> GC.Collect total ms: 36.0235 self ms: 36.0237

Unloading 7 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)
    LightmappedPrefabs all loaded, maybe starting intro vignette frame 4389

Unloading 2959 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 105188.
    Total: 275.927765 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.460830 ms CreateObjectMapping: 4.522417 ms MarkObjects: 264.758301 ms DeleteObjects: 1.185726 ms)

--- PerformGarbageAndAssetCollectionAsync: GC Time 36.152 Asset GC Time 282.0534

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)
    LargeWorldStreamer::Deinitialize called, frame 5349

MainLoop aborted

Time played: 50s

Max depth: 4m

Distance traveled: 150m

GameObjects can not be made active when they are being destroyed.

(Filename: Line: 465)

UnloadTime: 243.362579 ms

Unloading 11559 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 27941.
    Total: 153.672516 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.046214 ms CreateObjectMapping: 3.491773 ms MarkObjects: 119.977303 ms DeleteObjects: 28.156717 ms)

FMOD Studio Integration: Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 201 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 17599.
    Total: 118.107635 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.759058 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.474173 ms MarkObjects: 112.854774 ms DeleteObjects: 3.019118 ms)

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    UnloadTime: 0.980312 ms

Unloading 1945 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 18780.
    Total: 115.116875 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.732743 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.388073 ms MarkObjects: 110.860672 ms DeleteObjects: 2.134613 ms)

Loading game settings

Process name: Subnautica

changeset 59790, QualityLevel = 2

OK Running Win64

Application version: 59790

SystemInfo:
    deviceModel = System Product Name (System manufacturer)
    deviceName = DESKTOP-RQBVPR7
    deviceType = Desktop
    deviceUniqueIdentifier = 129c486a92f2f1e44597947b71b2a011f325a8ed
    graphicsDeviceID = 6088
    graphicsDeviceName = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    graphicsDeviceType = Direct3D11
    graphicsDeviceVendor = NVIDIA
    graphicsDeviceVendorID = 4318
    graphicsDeviceVersion = Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    graphicsMemorySize = 6097
    graphicsShaderLevel = 50
    npotSupport = Full
    maxTextureSize = 16384
    operatingSystem = Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    processorCount = 8
    processorFrequency = 4008
    processorType = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    supportedRenderTargetCount = 8
    supports3DTextures = True
    supportsAccelerometer = False
    supportsComputeShaders = True
    supportsGyroscope = False
    supportsImageEffects = True
    supportsInstancing = True
    supportsLocationService = False
    supportsRawShadowDepthSampling = True
    supportsRenderTextures = True
    supportsRenderToCubemap = True
    supportsShadows = True
    supportsSparseTextures = True
    supportsStencil = 1
    supportsVibration = False
    systemMemorySize = 32691

Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: b80 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 3248 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1be8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 4c4 -> priority: 1
    FMOD Studio: Destroying runtime system instance

• FrobishPantsFrobishPants United States Join Date: 2018-04-07 Member: 239874Members
    I have had the same issue as the first poster however the audio driver reinstall didn't fix it.
    You can try stopping and then starting the "Windows Audio" service from the "Services" applet (search it in the Start Menu). See if that works. If that doesn't fix it, post an output_log.txt and the results of a dxdiag scan (search dxdiag from Start, click Save all info) -- upload the files to Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar, or PasteBin, and then post sharing links here.
  • Xe_non_Xe_non_ Australia Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245898Members
    edited December 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    You can try stopping and then starting the "Windows Audio" service from the "Services" applet (search it in the Start Menu). See if that works. If that doesn't fix it, post an output_log.txt and the results of a dxdiag scan (search dxdiag from Start, click Save all info) -- upload the files to Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar, or PasteBin, and then post sharing links here.

• nolanm1kenolanm1ke Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245782Members
    please help im having the same issue and i dont know how to fix it
  • DekeraDekera Brazil Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246092Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

• DiligesDiliges Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245938Members
    I have the same problem, tried everything and it's still not working :(
    You guys tried making sure you have the latest drivers, including updating your graphics drivers to the latest version?
    I updated them somewhere this week...
    A friend of mine who's into coding and stuff said that it's probably a corruption in the files and that it's got nothing to do with my laptop. I don't know if it's true but I thought I'd share it.
    If it's corruption, re-verifying the game files, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling then reinstalling the game should help.
    Nope, those were the first things I did... I kinda gave up hope at this point lol
  • InarxInarx Faroe Islands Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248187Members
    Hello. Just signed up since I have a similar issue and found a fix for myself.

Though, only relevant if you have the Nitrox co-op mod installed.
    A lot of my sound effects weren't going off(water breaking when resurfacing, gasping for air when resurfacing, Seaglider, etc, etc).
    When in uninstalled Nitrox, they immediately came back. Worth a shot, if any of you guys have the mod installed and are experiencing issues.
    edited January 2019
    If you don't have Nitrox, try updating your audio drivers and then this:
    Ethosbro wrote: »
    I fixed my issue.

The fix was turning off "exclusive mode" in the advanced section of properties within my audio device followed by a system restart. In other words, I unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and restarted my computer. I'd done this before without it solving my problem so I assume it was this combined with using DriverHub to install any missing drivers.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

• xXx_Anxiety_xXxxXx_Anxiety_xXx Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250164Members
    edited February 2019
    Hello everyone
    I have a problem with Subnautica. When I start the game I have no sound, the first cutscene is a black screen wich I need to skip. When I'm in the game and I get back in the pod, I can't move and my cursor starts going up to the upleft corner. When I hit escape, I cannot click anything nor can I press escape again to close the menu. I have tried a lot of things such as looking for updates for my drivers etc. I really hope you guys can help me.
    edited February 2019
  • LorenzoDanti20LorenzoDanti20 Join Date: 2019-07-05 Member: 253622Members
    xXx_Anxiety_xXx I have your same problem but i can't resolve it... Have you any ideas? Thnx

Paisley wrote: »
    Update: from the output log I was able to get enough information to pinpoint the FMOD issues with Unity engine and I found some ideas online. Just for fun I completely uninstalled my Nvidia sound device and drivers ( update check said I had the most recent, but I did this anyway), restarted my pc and let windows 10 reinstall drivers - started Subnautica and it seems to be working correctly now.

Regarding the ARK files - I have no idea - I have never looked for output logs before, but I only opened the Subnautica folder.

I will post back if anything changes, but for those having similar issues, try completely uninstalling sound devices/drivers (not just look for updates)
    Thank-you for your help!

Bro How did you resolve this problem... Please Help!
    xXx_Anxiety_xXx I have your same problem but i can't resolve it... Have you any ideas? Thnx

Hi, I connected my bluetooth headset and it worked. If that doesn't fix it, I read somewhere you could connect a headset via USB or audio cable. I really really hope this fixes your game bro!

Hi, I connected my bluetooth headset and it worked. If that doesn't fix it, I read somewhere you could connect a headset via USB or audio cable. I really really hope this fixes your game bro!

Bro, thank you so much... you have resolved my problem. I connected my headphones on the panel connector of the case, in fact before they were connected on that of the motherboard. Thank you another time.
  • sonicdalesonicdale Join Date: 2019-07-08 Member: 253659Members
    edited July 2019
    Hi, im having the same problem and ive tried everything ive found on the forums and on the subreddit to no avail and right before i posted this i tried to restart my windows audio service and that didnt work

heres my output_log
    3MJCAj8M < this goes at the end of a pastebin link because i cant post links yet

heres my dxdiag
    rvuc2B0Z < same thing here

edit: i forgot to mention that uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers worked for a small amount of time and then it just stopped working today