can't find modification station fragments

mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
been trying to find last fragment for a stupidly long time.. and nothing would love to kno if xb1 version is same as what is said on the wiki ...or if not anyone kno where i should be looking please !!!! ;)

Comments

• CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I just put mine together in the last day or two since the last patch, and if I recall correctly I found it in the red grass plains and perhaps the mushroom forests. I also believe it can be found in loose pieces around the biome and within the major wrecks in them. I found many of them while trying to find an elusive 3rd cyclops engine fragment.

Hope this helps and it's not a new bug to surface in this mess... Happy swimming!
  • mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    lol funny i got 3 Cyclops engine fragments but not the other Cyclops fragments !!! sods law... have been round and round red grass so many time now not much of mushroom bit cos i always get chased by meanies :D looks like im gonna have to brave it tho, thanks for your help!
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    It took me forever to find them. Already had my Cyclops and prawn suit actually.

There's a big wreck in the northwest mushroom forest, I found 3 mod station fragments inside and a handful of prawn suit arms.

About 120 meters down. It sucks not having coordinates on console for a better description. I just hopped in my Seamoth and hugged the ground with the lights off. You're going to want some extra air though, it's a bit of a maze inside the wreck.
    thanks revrico! I only found 1 wreck stuck in the top of mushroom is that the wreck u mean ?? if not will have to look again in a bit, i end up goin round in circles in mushroom forest disoriented :|:|
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Search every wreck. The only thing I had trouble finding was the cyclops bridge fragments and doing some searching in the southern part of the crash zone, I finally found them. Nearly everything else I found in wrecks.
    the problem is i have not done my Cyclops i have seamoth with depth 300 and at a stage where i got take 2 or 3 high capacity tanks to n go bck n fourth between seamoth n deeper wrecks hense my desperate need 4 last mod station fragment.... actually thinking bout starting a fresh game in hopes of it being different or easier to find not sure if it works like that tho!!! :#
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    maytrix wrote: »
    Search every wreck. The only thing I had trouble finding was the cyclops bridge fragments and doing some searching in the southern part of the crash zone, I finally found them. Nearly everything else I found in wrecks.

Yea, that's the one. I wasn't sure I could trust wiki comments from 2016, but once I finally found my way inside I was able to find the pieces I needed. There was a vent on the top if I remember correctly, trying to get to the inactive lava zone now so I can't run back and check at the moment.
    ello again revrico!!! i been in it today n double checked lifepod 13 ( thinks it's 13!) i went through top then hole with desk hanging from wires no joy .... lol out of desperation i built a scanner room at top of massive tree mushroom put 4 range upgrades on it n left it searching for wrecks lmao prob wishful thinking!!! i did find a cuddle fish egg lol I appreciate any help tho much appreciated ;)
    I assume you've used the available maps to check all the main wrecks? If I recall, that is where I found them - in one of the bigger wrecks. I think I found some in one by the mushrooms.
    I have looked at maps online if that is what maps u are referiing to!! even watched you tube walk thru things on the off chance, starting to think maybe somethin up with my game as stupid amount of time spent looking for 1 fragment now!!
    I started a new game, found all modification station fragment easily and multiple others then i noticed on the other game the lifepod had energy cells on outside floating above the pod so I'm thinkin maybe something was glitching or a bug??!
    Had you started a new game since the last update? I was hesitant at first as I had spent a lot of time playing and wasn't having too hard a time with resources. But I ended up trying it out and it was a huge difference on resources and fauna. It's been playing very well too, aside from long saves and slowness in populating graphics at times, mainly when moving fast across long distances.
    the one i started was yesterday, graphics same for me I have managed to crash into things that aren't there a few times lol, the fresh game does seam to have loads and loads more of stalkers n sand sharks but ok other than that!! B)