Here's where the development time went...So

RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
So, I just found this leaked video of 'Below Zero' , the upcoming DLC. Great to see the team has been and is hard at work! Unfortunately it wasn't on the base game as it STILL is FULL of old and new bugs. Sigh.... money and people in suits (do they still wear those??) destroy everything. Godverdoeme toch!
Let's see if UW reads the fora: Hey guys, if you don't like this leaked stuff, feel free to delete or something that part of this post. I won't hold it against you. Seriously.
Anyway, here's below zero..... Major, MAJOR !! Spoilers ahead. Better to not watch. https://youtube.com/watch?v=0ouSGWOuaUw

Comments

• CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I could be way off base here... But i'm under the impression that the base studio who created the game designed it for PC, had great difficulty getting it to work on consoles, and outsourced the project to another company who is a bit more apt at console ports. So we now have two teams... First working on creating game content, and the second team brought on to optimize what was created for xbox/ps. So while I get the frustration that they are working on new content while the base game on xbox is still so buggy, they brought in console people to do that for them, so they can keep doing what they were hired to do by writing/designing new ideas.

As of right now I just hope they learned a bit from the base game and are creating it with more knowledge of porting it in mind... But I'm not angry that the original team isn't just sitting on their backsides and decided to keep trying to add to the world. We all wish that the xbox experience gets smoother, but I'm not sure we can pin that entirely on the UW team. Team 2 is trying to fix this, team 1 is doing what they were hired to do on the PC years ago.

I could be entirely off base, that's mostly just what I've gathered... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and honestly if I am, I'd like to know if I should be angry at UW as well.

As it is I had to DL another patch last night and it didn't seem to fix anything new that I can see. Still have to deconstruct my moon pool whenever I need to re-dock it. >-( So WHOEVER is working on the Xbox port right now should probably be a bit more transparent with their efforts or communicate with the fans better.

Oh well. Happy swimming people, hoping no game breaking bugs are in your future.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    For as far as I know, you are correct good sir. They indeed outsourced their bugfest on Xbox to Panic Button (the name says it all). This does not change the fact that if team 1 kept improving the game alongside team 2 -instead of making DLC- it would've been already much better.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Cristof wrote: »
    As it is I had to DL another patch last night and it didn't seem to fix anything new that I can see. Still have to deconstruct my moon pool whenever I need to re-dock it. >-( So WHOEVER is working on the Xbox port right now should probably be a bit more transparent with their efforts or communicate with the fans better.

Oh well. Happy swimming people, hoping no game breaking bugs are in your future.

I've found just starting to deconstruct the vehicle modification station fixes it. Just start it, then build it - don't even have to fully deconstruct it.
  • Jman426Jman426 United States Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246039Members
    maytrix wrote: »
    Cristof wrote: »

I've found just starting to deconstruct the vehicle modification station fixes it. Just start it, then build it - don't even have to fully deconstruct it.

I have to do the same thing. It’s not that I have to completely deconstruct the mod station. I found that just starting it works too. It’s that you have to do it all. It’s a pain in the arse! My moon pool worked fine until I built the prawn suit that’s when it got all buggie on me.