Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.29 Released - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• imperial85imperial85 Suomi Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245585Members
    I downloaded the game after the full release with an expectation that the overall quality of this game at this point would meet even the lowest standards of the gaming industry. Well my expectations were wrong. I have a save file with about 24h into it and I can't find resources anywhere to continue, the textures won't load most of the time(it get's worse with time) and I can go through walls. So now after going through internet I see your update note(You have to be some sort of a semifan to know what is going on). Now my save file is unuseful/unplayable as you state here. How could you release a game that is so incomplete? Didn't you know it was going to backfire? It just doesn't make any sense and you are right it is "unacceptable".You should have pushed the deadline further back or never released the game. That is what you should have done. I will put my controller down on this title and it is a shame that you have such great concept and story here just not the competency to produce a working video game. I hope you learn from all these mistakes done in this project.
  • TH3_R0CK_1991TH3_R0CK_1991 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245613Members
    Hey, I've never even heard of this game untill just a few days ago when it was released on Xbox and I absolutely love it, I've been playing it to death, unfortunately I got 20 hours in and saved it came off and then went back on later, played for another 5 hours, did some serious progress, made the prawn suit and upgraded it, found loads of new materials iv never seen before made some more upgrades and then saved it and came off, went on again later and the game never saved for the last 5 hours, it's back to 20 hours on the previous save. Ruined the game for me, this game has been in game preview for years and it's finally been released as a full game and it can't even do a simple think like save properly?

We really need to be able to see the save file when it saves rather than just trusting that the game has saved, there needs to be a load game tab on the pause menu so we can see if there is a new save file, also why is there no auto save on this game? It should just save automatically every 30 minutes. And the auto save should be a separate save file to the manual save.

I won't be playing this game again untill the saving issue is fixed
  • NatercrawfordNatercrawford Washington State Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245570Members
    Well, I can say gj with the performance, but I have a few questions. Do you need to make a completely new save in order for the resource regen to occur, or does a new save after the release still work with the update. I also just expierenced a crash while saving the game. I started to save the game immediately after entering through a hatch into my base, so I am thinking the game bugs out and crashes when you are in animation of entering something when it’s trying to save? I wish you guys would enable an auto save function, so then if that happens, I at least won’t have to remake two and a half hours worth of farming (literally).
    Besides that good job on the update! Keep up the good work!
  • clumpyfleaclumpyflea United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245536Members
    When I get onto the game it says press menu button so I do and it takes me to the screen that says play and options and the thing that happens is I can’t move anything a cant select anything I can’t move up and down on the menu nothing. And I know it’s not frozen because ye water is still moving about. Please reply with a fix. And no hard reset
  • Captain_StrangeloveCaptain_Strangelove United States Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245691Members
    I tried playing as long as I could without saving. When I did my game crashed and I lost 6 hours of my life. This could be the greatest game of all time but instead it’s a disappointment. Shameful that it was released this early with this many issues. I wsnt to play it ao badly but I know it’s unplayable. This is awful
  • BleppBlepp Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187448Members
    edited December 2018
    I built my Cyclops yesterday and cannot drive the thing. No interaction with the HUD at the wheel so can't start the engine. Are you guys on this as well as the thing with the moonpool? I love this game and have played more hours than I want to admit since last Tuesday but this really kills it for me... Will probably not play till this is fixed.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    Boomfist93 wrote: »
    Thank you for all of your hard work. I'm so sick of seeing all these rude comments. I truly enjoy this game and appreciate everyone that made it possible. Thank you for all of the recent progress. Keep it up!

So people are wrong and rude when they expect a 1.0 game to just work? Nobody said anything rude when it was still preview. Now the exact same problems and even worse new ones are rife. 9 months after the last 0.84 update. All problems were communicated. Patience, understanding and tolerance can only go so far.....
  • DotsecDotsec US Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 236001Members
    edited December 2018
    I just have a lot of issues with terrain loading in...I have beat the game a couple of times over the course of it's early access release on Xbox one, and still enjoy playing to this day. It's a fantastic game no matter how many times you beat it. The only major issue I ran into all the time and still do is terrain loading in very slowly....I have fallen through the map mannnnnny times in the prawn suit and have had to use console commands to teleport myself back to base and rebuild my suit and all its upgrades all over again. I love your game, you did a fantastic job, hope all your hard work pays off and in due time we can all have a full fledged subnautica with 0 to very few minor bugs! Keep up the great work guys.

Just a note, it's probably the Xbox just not being able to render the graphics properly or efficiently; either that or too much of the terrain is being loaded at once and the xb1 can't handle that scale of rendering all at once...the graphics or rendering scale may have to be dumbed down ever so slighly to improve performance on xb1...but I'm no developer, just a techy lol.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    Dotsec wrote: »
    I
    Just a note, it's probably the Xbox just not being able to render the graphics properly or efficiently; either that or too much of the terrain is being loaded at once and the xb1 can't handle that scale of rendering all at once...the graphics or rendering scale may have to be dumbed down ever so slighly to improve performance on xb1...but I'm no developer, just a techy lol.

Nope. Either sloppy programming or a completely wrong graphics engine. The XB1 plays RDR2 for crying out loud...
  • nix3ternix3ter forfar Join Date: 2017-09-21 Member: 233172Members
    Found a few bugs on Xbox one, I have the thermal plant thing at a heat source and have it running to my base fine fully connected but it isn’t producing any power.
    The other bug iv come across is I’m unable to dock in the moonpool with the seamoth.
  • kevricfoskevricfos United States Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246836Members
    I was playing the game earlier a lot of the map would not load in. Waited for a while and everything was still blank. So I exit the game and tried to re-enter it and it just sits on the screen before tells you to push the menu button. I tried for hours later and still cannot get to the game. What do I do.
  • danodano United States Join Date: 2018-10-27 Member: 244380Members
    We just purchased the XBox 1 version of the game after playing your paid beta version for months. Now when we insert the new disc, the box seems to default to the old digital copy. I hate to delete the old version as we have been unable to save for sometime and would prefer not to start the game from scratch. Can you please advise.