EPIC version doesn't save keyboard preferences

DuoMogDuoMog England Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213045Members
The EPIC launcher version of Subnautica (Dec-2018 Build 61919) doesn't save Options-Keyboard preferences between runs :-(
ALSO doesn't seem to allow bug reports to be submitted by pressing F8

Comments

• Philip017Philip017 Join Date: 2018-12-15 Member: 245835Members
    confirmed can not submit any feedback from the epic launched version.

key bind changes to not change to the appropriate icons (example switching left and right click functions do not change the icon correctly)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2018
    I wonder if Epic Games doesn't set the correct permissions to allow modifying of the settings file (as it's in a normally protected area, \Program Files)

Try running as admin, if it's permissions I believe that will temporarily solve the problem until it's patched. But I kinda doubt it as otherwise saved games shouldn't work?
  • AvaruusAvaruus Join Date: 2021-01-19 Member: 266986Members
    Hi there.

This bug (unsaved key binding+non functional F8) has nothing to do with the Epic Game Launcher since I encounter it on Steam. I had not this bug several months ago.

For the record, I have 170+ hour of playtime, I bought the game while in early access and I've seen it grow and finally achieve its completion, and I had never encountered this problem previously.

Can the dev team make something about it plz? I'm quite disappointed with this change I have to make everytime I launch a saved game.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Another steam player recently mentioned an issue with wrong keys bound (for them, Esc acted as right-click). I suggested deleting the "options" file in the saves folder. If that doesn't work, you can try changing permissions on the file. If that doesn't work, or you have questions, I'll be here.