Game won't save?

maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
Anyone else having an issue with the game stuck on "saving game"? Happens every so often and all I can do is quit and go back to my last save.

Comments

• XxInfinityxXXxInfinityxX Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245619Members
    Same issue here, but it will occasionally crash too. Compared to other ones this is game breaking and I have lost over 3 hours of time due to it. Hopefully it gets fixed so I can play it again.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    What I have found that has worked so far - at least the last few hours I've played is to save and wait until the message disappears before doing anything else. Once the message disappears, I continue playing.
  • killa5635killa5635 Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245486Members
    I have a problem. If I ever save a game then reload my game I’m stuck on the first loading screen.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I just had this happen in my 30 hours deep game. Everything in my game was working relatively fine until I built the prawn suit, then I noticed way more pop in all of the sudden, and when I just tried to save I had to wait about 5 minutes for the "saving game" notice to go away.

Thankfully it did, but has anyone tested out anything yet? Have you noticed issues arise when the prawn exists? Or when something is maybe docked in Cyclops? Maybe when you have too much in storage, or play for too long of a session?

I don't really know and will try getting rid of my excess storage and base if I don't need it to see if it clears things up. It was terrifying sitting there waiting for that save logo to go away, felt sick to my stomach over just how much time I would have wasted...Especially after having to restart after the patch that fixed the resource issues...
  • Berticus603Berticus603 USA Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245621Members
    maytrix wrote: »
    What I have found that has worked so far - at least the last few hours I've played is to save and wait until the message disappears before doing anything else. Once the message disappears, I continue playing.

This works except in hardcore survival mode save and quit are some button. In this mode I cant play if I want to later save the progress or game will just crash and no save occurs.
  • Rocky879Rocky879 Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245914Members
    I have the same problem with the save of the game , the more time you get to do progress in it , the more likely it will crash even if trying to wait for the advice of :" saving game" Hope it gets fixed soon. Btw there is bad performance with the game.
  • JaySoHiJaySoHi INDIANAPOLIS,IN Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231414Members
    So far my best results is that I save very often.
    If am around my starting lifepod I save around every 20 minutes.
    But if I go to any other area I save every 7-10 minutes.
    I seem to always have a problem if I travel far and save quickly, I stay still for around a minute or two to let that area load up, and it seems to help.
    It also seems to not drop frames as often.
    I I think I have to wait long sometimes, because I came straight from the lost river back to my pod area waited two minutes tried to save and it's been more than 15 minutes waiting for the saving game to go away.

Hope this helps.
    I save pretty regularly as well. And I make sure everything is loaded and there's as little going on as possible. Seems to work consistently so far. Although it does sometimes take a minute or so for the savings message to go away. I suspect it has something to do with the amount of data being saved.
  • AllForNothingAllForNothing United States Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246072Members
    edited December 2018
    Can we have some sort of autosave feature. Getting really tired of losing over an hour of gameplay because of crashing. Sometimes I'll save and it won't even accept that save and it will revert to an early save. This latest patch has fixed the item and resource spawn, but the crashing has increased. Also the draw distance and latency needs improvement. And I've found fully rendered floors with holes in it.
  • Jman426Jman426 United States Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246039Members
    2g7ej7q4mgpx.jpeg

Has been sitting like that for a full tens minutes. Perhaps they should rename the game “Bugnautica”. I’ve never seen this many issues with saving a game before.
  • kenmartinjrkenmartinjr Us Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245360Members
    Just had to soft reset the game after 30 minutes of waiting. Now that save game wont load.
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    edited December 2018
    Can we have some sort of autosave feature. Getting really tired of losing over an hour of gameplay because of crashing. Sometimes I'll save and it won't even accept that save and it will revert to an early save. This latest patch has fixed the item and resource spawn, but the crashing has increased. Also the draw distance and latency needs improvement. And I've found fully rendered floors with holes in it.

You really want the game saving automatically with all the issues people are having with saving?

Believe me, I totally get the sentiment, as I've lost hours of progress as well.

But I have a sneaky suspicion autosave was yanked because they were having so many issues with long save times that they didn't want the game bogged down anymore than it already is.

• kenmartinjrkenmartinjr Us Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245360Members
    I am finding this happens with save files from older versions. I started a new game for now and I am not having these issues.

I also did a hard console reset. (Unplug all cables from xbox and hold down power button for a minute to drain residual memory errors.) This may have contributed to the game working better. This was suggested by Xbox support.
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    Mine hasn't crashed while saving, but I've had several instances of 3-4 minute save times. I immediately follow those with another save, that one is usually quick and easy.
    I think auto-save would be great if there were multiple saves. And even without it, multiple saves would be great too.

Since I've started a new game, I don't think I've had issues saving - I do however stop doing anything until the saving notice disappears completely.
  • LaRanaLaRana US Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247453Members
    Anyone having issues with cloud saves not syncing?
  • Aquanaut101Aquanaut101 Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247533Members
    edited December 2018
    LaRana wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with cloud saves not syncing?

Yes. New to the game and started playing for the first time yesterday. The very first save worked fine, but then no other saves worked at all: I kept getting the infamous microsoft error code 0x80830003 - the same one which plagues me on Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE - followed by game error 2156068867.

Basically, I managed to save progress *once*, but I lost multiple hours when the game hung while making yet another futile attempt.

For some reason, my XB1 thinks I have no room, but the one game save I have is using <0.5% of the 2 GB cloud storage you're supposed to get per game (unless I've misunderstood that). Initially, I had the game on the internal drive with 90 GB free; moving it to the external drive with 3 TB free didn't help.

Doing the power-drain reboot (unplug the XB1 power brick from the wall and wait a couple of minutes, then plug it back in again) and deleting the local saves for Subnautica got me 1 more successful save. The one after that failed. Fortunately, after waiting about 5-10 minutes, it succeeded.

Also noticed that for a save file that is < 10 MB, the "Alterra" save logo sits there spinning for a VERY long time. I checked my network connection - getting 17 MBit/s up and 19 down, with a latency of 40 ms, so I don't think it's a speed or connection issue for my part.

The best suggestion I've seen so far is for a reset to factory defaults, which is not very encouraging tbh.
  • Aquanaut101Aquanaut101 Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247533Members
    edited February 2019
    As a self-follow up: the XBox Factory Reset function fixes this error. I used the option to keep the game files on the XBox, so I only had to re-download my profile after the reset, and the saves followed when I launched the game. Multiple hours on two accounts later and still saving (although the save process is still slow!)

This also fixed the problems I was having with Skyrim SE and Fallout 4, so bonus wins!