Microsoft sure is taking their sweet time

archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
Just how long does it take to certify a patch? I've been waiting since release for them to release it, now I could be coming off as impatient but I really want to enjoy this game without any game-breaking bugs (And i'd say the lack of resource spawns is pretty game-breaking

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    One to two weeks is the average if I recall correctly with some outliers beyond 2 weeks
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    Oh, good to know....I think?
  • cooperfergusoncooperferguson Dayton Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245356Members
    I was just digging through developer tweets and found out that you'll have to start a new game after the patch comes out.
    I figured as much, I've made like no progress at all, Aurora just exploded for me and I have a Seaglide, checked out a couple lifepods but that's about it in terms of progress, I can't make much more because of resources not spawning
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I've got an 6 hour save file that I started brand new when they released the game. I have the resource issues too but I've managed to get to a point where I no longer need fish and just got my seamoth and base built.

There are other ways to get food and water, my point is while it is really lame things don't spawn consistently, I'm still able to play and advance will few issues.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    I've got an 6 hour save file that I started brand new when they released the game. I have the resource issues too ................................ my point is while it is really lame things don't spawn consistently, I'm still able to play and advance will few issues.

Heh, I've got a new 5 hours and found 4 chunks of silver and 1 gold...
  • odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    Hopefully I can play my pre-release saves without much trouble. I do have a post-release 17 hour save that I'll definitely miss. Sigh.
    I play on Freedom mode, not survival, Survival is not my cup of tea honestly, so no need to manage food any water, I may need fish for the Bioreactor but otherwise the lack of fish spawns don't hinder my survival, I just like seeing them cause dat Bio-luminescence
  • unholysureshotunholysureshot Uk Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245220Members
    Im 12 is into the game i am mortified I will have to start again I repared the aurora
    Built a small holding got my seamoth
    And explored the islands absalutly gutted
  • timmytrainstimmytrains Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245396Members
    I had a 1 day 8 hour save, could hardly find materials of any kind. Couldn't find cyclops fragments either. Stuffs falling through the ground, like when I search for stalker teeth from the scanner room, half of them are in the ground. My saves disappear or they just dont work, so I loose hours of work.
    Rbox wrote: »
    I've got an 6 hour save file that I started brand new when they released the game. I have the resource issues too ................................ my point is while it is really lame things don't spawn consistently, I'm still able to play and advance will few issues.

Heh, I've got a new 5 hours and found 4 chunks of silver and 1 gold...

Weird. I'm having few issues now, even with severely limited resources. Have a base up and running with water purifier, indoor and outdoor farms, moon pool, seamoth with depth/armor/storage/energy mods, and just built a scanner room.

Again all this struggling to find resources myself. I'm just saying while it sucks, it's doable. I'm at about 16 hours now.
  • Boomfist93Boomfist93 Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245432Members
    The resource glitch is annoying, and everything seems super empty without food fish spawning in regularly. The worst bug for me so far is that my moonpool won't dock my seamoth. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a fix or are we just waiting for the patch?
    Boomfist93 wrote: »
    The resource glitch is annoying, and everything seems super empty without food fish spawning in regularly. The worst bug for me so far is that my moonpool won't dock my seamoth. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a fix or are we just waiting for the patch?

This keeps randomly happening to me too. What I did was just make sure nothing was built on top of my moon pool, and I just deconstruct the vehicle mod station and the entire moon pool and rebuild it. I can't figure out a pattern, it's irritating though.
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    edited December 2018
    New XBox patch is going out now, version 1.0.0.29 - may take 24 hours depending on location. This will fix the missing resources/fish issue in new games. We have the next patch nearly done as well.