A temp solution to lack of fish resources in Survival Mode

Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica on Consoles
I found if you know where they are the Islands are both Have Bulbo Trees and floaty Has Chinese Potato's keeps ya from starving to death till an Update announced in twitter arrives hoping soon

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    It's definitely a serious issue, but I managed 3 hours straight of game play without ever having to worry. Salt spawned enough that I have lots of disinfect water, and Peepers seem to re appear after a few minutes. Did they announce another patch is coming?
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    It's definitely a serious issue, but I managed 3 hours straight of game play without ever having to worry. Salt spawned enough that I have lots of disinfect water, and Peepers seem to re appear after a few minutes. Did they announce another patch is coming?

Yes on twitter
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

Yes on twitter

And on the Forums and Discord.
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    edited December 2018
    Or you could just, you know, play on Freedom mode, it's survival mode without hunger and thirst management, yes I know you guys like those but i'm just offering a suggestion
  • odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    Water filter is a great long term water source, and I use some of the salt to cure Reginalds to conserve storage space and remain fairly mobile, and growing some plant foodstuffs to eat when I'm not going on long expeditionary trips. Keeping a growbed inside the cyclops is pretty handy, too.
  • CYN3RGYCYN3RGY Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245288Members
    edited December 2018
    Thats all well and good, but if you are just starting a game in survival mode and can't find resources or fish because of the patch, you are kinda screwed.
  • odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    CYN3RGY wrote: »
    Thats all well and good, but if you are just starting a game in survival mode and can't find resources or fish because of the patch, you are kinda screwed.

I find that often I can coax the game into doing what I want. In my experience, moving about into certain areas causes fish to spawn and resources to load in small quantities, and while some parts of the world tend to be devoid, other still have resources. I've still been able to play without gamebreaking difficulty.
  • DeathScythe93XxDeathScythe93Xx Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245417Members
    I'm having the same issue played for several hours and everything was great and then all resource spawns and fish just vanishied I did the reset and they came back for maybe a min and then gone again plz fix this subnautica is an amazing game and would love to actually play it but with all these bugs it makes it to were i dont even want to anymore
  • ElementalsigilElementalsigil United States Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246144Members
    Is it a bug where they vanish or over using the resource? I had great success repopulating the fish with with the alien containment unit. Throw a pair in there and come back later for fish on demand. Good tip: make them at least 2 stories. Mine are 3.