Many disappointing bugs with full release...

xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
- lack of fish resources
- limestone, Sulfur, etc, not spawning
- console commands not working
- light rays creating graphical areas
- crashfish still faster than you even with the best flippers in the game
- propulsion canon still doesn't affect crashfish
- solar panels shifting all over

Please look into all these... Full release shouldn't be a step backward from the game preview...

Comments

• ThePelicanThePelican Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245168Members
    I also had the limestone and sulfur glitch, bur I had some audio bugs as well, every time I entered the water, instead of the bubbles noise, it sounds like a thermal vent blowing up right in front of me.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited December 2018
    1) lack of fish resources
    2) limestone, Sulfur, etc, not spawning
    3) console commands not working
    4) light rays creating graphical areas
    5) crashfish still faster than you even with the best flippers in the game
    6) propulsion canon still doesn't affect crashfish
    7) solar panels shifting all over

Please look into all these... Full release shouldn't be a step backward from the game preview...

Lemme just comment on a few.
    (I added numbers to make it easier.)

2) This bug is well known and is one of the top priority, as I've heard at least. Obraxis told me on the Subnautica Discord.
    5) The crashfish are always faster. Use a seaglide. That's the best way to escape them.
    6) The propulsion cannon likely doesn't catch it because of it's size and speed. Try a Repulsion Cannon.

Anyways maybe post this in the Bug Report section next time? Not that it's an issue. Just a suggestion.
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    edited December 2018

2) This bug is well known and is one of the top priority, as I've heard at least. Obraxis told me on the Subnautica Discord.
    5) The crashfish are always faster. Use a seaglide. That's the best way to escape them.
    6) The propulsion cannon likely doesn't catch it because of it's size and speed. Try a Repulsion Cannon.

Anyways maybe post this in the Bug Report section next time? Not that it's an issue. Just a suggestion.

I keep seeing people saying the console commands being missing is a bug.

Are we sure that isn't intended?

When I was playing through the Preview, I assumed the console commands were there for debugging and testing purposes and would be taken out of the final release.

I'm thinking some people got too dependent on them and got used to playing the game in a way that wasn't originally intended.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Stubb063 wrote: »

When I was playing through the Preview, I assumed the console commands were there for debugging and testing purposes and would be taken out of the final release.

I'm thinking some people got too dependent on them and got used to playing the game in a way that wasn't originally intended.

Seeing as they're still on PC, people think it should be on console too.

I get where your coming from though.
  • xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
    Yeah, it's still on PC. So definitely a bug.
    edited December 2018

Not necessarily. Lots of cross platform games have console commands on PC but not on consoles. It's actually fairly common.

I think it's quite possible that since this was ported from the PC version, the console commands remained during the Pre-Release, but were purposely removed from the final release.

And I'd have no problem with that, either.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members

I don't think console games in general have console commands, that's literally cheating. The only game I can think of in recent memory that had one was Two Worlds 2. I am sure removing them is entirely intentional.

Games that allow cheats disable achievements, I'm sure it's more work to do all that instead of just taking the commands away. Also I'm pretty sure most pc games have them, just the nature of the machines.

I just can't stand the comments about how this is somehow worse than the preview build...Like there's no way you're being serious, or you've somehow forgotten how poorly those builds ran.

They are addressing your other issues though in terms of things not spawning in.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2018
    TBH, I've never understood this adversity against "cheating" in a single player game and as you've mentioned, certain features are disabled on a "cheat save". The only scenes where cheating is unacceptable is of course multiplayer and speedruns and as such they have rules and they scrutinize the stuff being send in.
  • vTGMvvTGMv United States Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245180Members
    My issues begin as soon as I press the menu button to start the game. it immediately goes to the 'syncing data for subnautica...' screen, gets to 99% over the course of about five minutes, then tells me that it's unable to sync the data.

This cost me some save data on a recent new game start, and I was only able to recently actually sync the data after many restarts. Hoping it doesn't do it again...
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    TBH, I've never understood this adversity against "cheating" in a single player game and as you've mentioned, certain features are disabled on a "cheat save". The only scenes where cheating is unacceptable is of course multiplayer and speedruns and as such they have rules and they scrutinize the stuff being send in.

I don't have any adversity against it, per se. But I also understand a developer's desire to force their users to experience the product as they intended. Giving them the ability to bypass many of the major mechanics of the game is a surefire way to ruin that.

So, I'm not at all saying I don't want the console commands to be there. If the devs want it there, by all means, put it there. It's my choice to use it or not. And for the record, I have used it in the Pre-Release.

But at the same token, if the devs don't want it there, then that's great too. You play the game they want you to play. I just think people need to appreciate that possibility as well instead of assuming its a bug.
    edited December 2018
    Made another attempt at the Lava Castle today. Yesterday at least made into the castle and into the power installation before running into bugs.

Wasn't so lucky today. Recalling my issues with autosave not working yesterday, I decided to do a manual save shortly before coming up to the lava castle. That's when the below screenshot happened. The terrain around me all disappeared. You'll also notice the save icon in the upper left hand corner even though I'm not in the save menu anymore. I stayed in the save menu with that icon showing for a good 3-4 minutes trying to let it save before I realized I could still navigate the menu and close it out. As mentioned, the icon still remained even though I was out of the menu. And no, my game was not saved.

So....yeah, the performance has somewhat improved in this version....but man are there ever still some game-breaking bugs. I've put about 4 hours into trying to advance into the areas of the game I was unable to explore during pre-release. And, while the results are different, they're not any more successful.

As as developer myself, I have all the respect in the world for the folks who have worked on this. Super ambitious project with an undoubtable small team. I have no doubt many, many, late nights were spent on this. I've certainly been there myself. And I've also had big projects that I've poured my heart and soul into be met with negative feedback. I get it, it sucks and its heart-breaking. But this isn't a release-ready product. It just isn't. Which is such a shame because I think the concept and design are incredible.

(Edit: I accidentally cropped off the save icon from the screenshot before posting. But it's there, spinning away, forever. )

(Second Edit: Looking at the screenshot, you might think I just clipped through a mountainside or something and am simply getting the view from underneath the terrain. I wanted to clarify that that's not what happened at all. The terrain simply is not there. If I swam my character back to over where the Prawn is sitting on the "ledge", there still wouldn't be any terrain in that empty space. It's not one of those issues where if you swim back out of the clipped region, you can see everything again. It's just literally not there. As I said before, it all disappeared after my attempted, and failed, save).

ayq7h1cll5dm.jpg
  • IneedSupportIneedSupport Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245192Members
    I've been having the same problems since the full release the one problem that bothers me the most is that I cant use my moonpool
  • xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
    Holy crap that Lava Castle bug... U.u;
    Like I said, this stuff needs fixed.
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    Confirmed from Obraxis himself, they are working on putting the dev commands back into the console release
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited December 2018

PC games almost all have the console commands enabled. WhyTF are console games being patronized like this? We paid for it, give us the opportunity to suit gameplay to our needs. Same thinng with button binding, now SubN lets you do that, but very few console games do.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We have a fix for the no fish/resources issue already in Microsoft certification. Hopefully it should be out very soon.

We're also working on the patch after that, getting more stability fixes in.

Console commands, the Dev Menu and the Feedback system were taken out for 1.0 release. We're hopeful to get them back in soon.

Also, the Subnautica dev team was IIRC 20 people.
  • Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    I'm still experiencing walls disappearing and and getting stuck on the load screen. Also floating plants and a poor reefback that came into the shallows and has been stuck against a rock since. I still see many of the same issues as before.
  • HimehihiHimehihi Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240463Members
    - lack of fish resources
    - limestone, Sulfur, etc, not spawning
    - console commands not working
    - light rays creating graphical areas
    - crashfish still faster than you even with the best flippers in the game
    - propulsion canon still doesn't affect crashfish
    - solar panels shifting all over

I also am having problems with fish resources
    No bladderfish spawn and therefore i end up with no water
  • MadMichBEMadMichBE Belgium Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232852Members
    edited December 2018
    The same here. I’ve been playing this game from the beginning and just started a new game because it’s full release. I just don’t get it, no recourses and already died 2 times for the lack of water. Do the devs really want Xbox players to play?

Update: after restarting the game I found 1 salt and 2 bladderfish. The rest is a wasteland.
  • Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    I noticed today that all the stalkers are missing from around the safe shallows. Luckily i had a couple eggs and started repopulating the kelp areas so i can harvest teeth. I haven't fallen through the ground or phased through a wall so i guess thats a step in the right direction. Most annoying glitch for me is not being able to hold the button down to build things. It goes up about 4% every time i tap the button so it takes a lot of blistering thumb speed to build a locker. I also can't rotate anything without it scrolling over to the next item. Only way it works is to have only the item you want to rotate assigned.
    So, to sum up: v1.0 upped the framerate and took as good as all resources away to accomplish that
  • killa5635killa5635 Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245486Members
    My game is just stuck on the first loading screen plz help
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    So I have played the game to the end before... But wanted to try it again when it was 'polished'... I have waited like all of you for many months to do so. Now I don't have many of the bugs that many of you do... I don't have any floating brain corals or other reef textures above the surface... I do notice a huge improvement in pop ins and loading scenery.

I do see the huge lack of fish and resources. There are 'some' in almost any biome... not many, but a couple pop up if you search long enough. I dealt with the lack of fish by just hitting the island for the growbeds and starting my indoor farm, but I see how it's a problem for new players.

What gets me is that I have almost no scannable blueprints about. I can NOT find a battery recharger anywhere. In any biome they're normally found in. It took me several hours to find a beacon. When I first built my moonpool it worked beautifully... But alas, now I'm among the many who can't dock a seamoth in it suddenly for no apparent reason. I even managed to change its colors and modify it... but I can no longer dock it. Luckily I did find power cell rechargers so I can recharge 'its' power cell but to repair it... drains batteries that I can't recharge. Without copper spawning it's growing harder and harder to make batteries and other equipment I need.

Some people have trouble saving the game... My saves 'seem' to go through but I have loaded a couple that didn't seem to take, losing the very little progress I work so hard for hours to achieve.

It seems no two people have the same set of bugs... Not sure how they did it, but the game worked far, far better when it was choppier with a worse frame rate. I really hope this gets fixed soon, I only really have 1 day off a week to play this amazing game and so far it's been so many hours of scouring for very few resources and fish... I know the fix is supposed to be in cert now, but I understand everyones frustration that we waited patiently with little word on this update forever... and not only is the update NOT working for most of us, but xbox isn't even acknowledging it was 'fixed'... Still says game preview, title screen says update 84 or whatever the cute fish was.

They said the game was finished and launching... and it ended up being yet another long delayed patch that broke the game for so many people... How did this many errors make it past testing?

… TL:DR... Just venting a bit about the problems most of us are having... Don't know what they are doing to fix it, but they took a huge step in the wrong direction.
    edited December 2018
    So when i started up the game today all those stalkers i placed back into the kelp areas vanished except one of them. When i drop eggs into my alien containment they immediately spawn(i have a pic of about 20 of those gaspod things at once) but when i went down to the crabsnake area to get magnatite there were no resources at all, and i remember there being a lot down there during my first play through. Also the frame rate has gone back to making traveling in a straight line dangerous because stuff appears out of nowhere. Very disappointed with this game.
    Cristof wrote: »
    They said the game was finished and launching... and it ended up being yet another long delayed patch that broke the game for so many people... How did this many errors make it past testing?

Hehe, well, it seems the testers were all the people that bought the preview game...... And I haven't seen a single answer or comment from the developers in these fora.