Countries missing from the PlayStation Store - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCountries missing from the PlayStation Store - Subnautica

Yesterday Subautica launched on PlayStation & Xbox, on both physical disks and via digital download. Unfortunately, the PlayStation Store is not presenting Subnautica in the following countries: Norway Belgium Netherlands Denmark...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread ?
  • Grimlock87Grimlock87 Norway Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245186Members
    Because of language?? This is bullshit. I am from Norway, and I dont care about need norwegian language since game has english.
  • AlfredRZAlfredRZ Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245165Members
    I'm in saudi arabia, good thing I have u.s account, so i just downloaded the digital version. I hope they patch it soon with the issue with frame rate when going above surface.The game is awesome overall! ps4 pro here.
  • count_robocount_robo Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245193Members
    never heard of this. those stores are selling games in english since beginning of time. how is that possible?
  • MakaziMakazi Norway Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245194Members
    There must be some kind of missunderstanding, I live in Norway and many (if not most) of my PS4 games are not fully localized. Could it be that it's the text for Playstation Store that needs to be translated? That appears in Norwegian even if the games only has English language.
  • requin02requin02 Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245195Members
    I live in Switzerland, officials languages are French, German and Italian, so why can't it be released? Your explanation seems wrong.
  • roelandvroelandv Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245199Members
    As I understand it, only the PS store description text needs to be translated to the local store language, not the whole game.
  • Teraman64Teraman64 Japan Join Date: 2017-10-30 Member: 233776Members
    Why is Subnautica UNpurchasable in Japanese PS & Xbox store? Japanese is available in Subnautica. This article explain ABSOLUTELY no reason why Subnautica is unpurchasable in Japanese PS & Xbox store. I think this problem don't only occur in Japan but also in other countries. PLEASE tell me the reason why this problem occurs, and figure out this problem and make Subnautica purchasable in Japan.
  • JustWaterJustWater Sweden Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245209Members
    edited December 2018
    I have been playing Subnautica since the begin on PC, and as everybody else, was waiting for the release on PS4 to more comfortably swim around ...sadly I am based in one of those North-Europe countries mysteriously excluded from the sale.

I am sorry to say guys:
    the explanation about the missed release in many countries contained in this article has more water than planet 4546B.

It is literally plenty of games without a single word (description/in game text/audio) of the region where the game is published and sold on the PS stores, all over the world.
    Now, needless to tell you how many release-day parties you/SONY have spoiled with this "problem", and I am more than sure you are very sorry about, but, since people are not exactly naive as you might think and we are already quite displeased about this interrupted ludic orgasm, care to explaine to your supportive customers what is really going on ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2018
    I'll just remind you lot that Lionhead Studios had the audacity to release Black&White in Dutch only, being quite uninformed. Followed by lot's of complaints directed at them. Soon after, we received an optional English patch. Sony's is apparently just as uninformed...

I can only speak for the Netherlands, although I'm pretty sure more countries have the same preference. However Dutch is simply not the language the majority of Dutch gamers prefer, just sayin'. It's not like we're Americans who tend to have some kind of "foreign language phobia" :trollface: This is me assuming you're distributing through "Sony USA"
  • tuyuratuyura Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245224Members
    Hmm, none of my games on PS4 are localised for my 1st language (Dutch). For instance, GTA5. On every start it offers me a choice of English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish or Russian. No Dutch anywhere. Yet, it runs fine, for quite some time already. :-)
  • benji32benji32 Luxemburg Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245121Members
    Hi guys , i‘m from luxemburg an none rly none of the games have a localisation ,my country is so tiny we got 500,000 people living in it i don‘t understand why sony is doing this ......
  • benji32benji32 Luxemburg Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245121Members
    And it‘s just sad we need to wait this long for resolving such an important issue ....
  • NosfaratusNosfaratus Portugal Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245137Members
    edited December 2018
    For Portugal you can use Brazilian Portuguese (same language)
  • dragondrugsdragondrugs Danmark Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245244Members
    damn you sony... if sony keeps on letting me down like this, i might just switch to a new good PC instead of the next gen playstation consol
  • XtracerXtracer Norway Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245226Members
    this is kinda agrevating since u are displaying promo ads for the game on my ps4 right now and im not able yo buy it,so how are we going to know when its for sale ??? do i hafto check the link for the game page every day because it say this contetn is not avalible at the moment.(next statment is not to take litraly) I vant to strangle someone arg !!! at least give the person or persons responsably a giant kick in the ass.
  • NansenNansen Join Date: 2017-06-02 Member: 230896Members
    As stated below in from the Playstation store it is extremely rare that games offer "Norwegian" as a language option. It has to be a bug in some sort.

I love your game and I know this is not what you intended in any way, but this seems like an absurd demand.. Just checked Dark Souls Remastered and that game does not even offer the option to change language at all. Same for Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection.

My girlfriend and I will start to translate to Norwegian at once though. Hope this gets resolved quickly since neither of us have a PC able to run Subnautica anymore.
  • JustWaterJustWater Sweden Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245209Members
    edited December 2018
    As the situation goes I turned on the physical version of the game, which apparently is available from many online retailers in Sweden, and again apparently, is shipping out regularly.

Now the question is, since a digital version is on hold on the Swedish PS Store, patches and updates to support the disc version of it are active and downloadable instead ?
    Or we gonna get stuck with V1.0 because the already released patches and updates are not "fully localised" therefore on hold as well ?

- Tip to my Subnautilover swedish fellows , the disc version of the game is going away real quick for obvious reasons, grab it fast as long supplies last to have any hope to swim before new year comes.
  • FloodedFlooded Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245268Members
    I'm living in Belgium, here we speak 3 official langage, French, Neederlands and English, why you dont release the French version or the UK version, i never seen this non-sense problem whit anoter games.. I have alot games in English or french in my library, i always found all my games on the Ps store even somes Japanees Games.. I dont understand why Subnautica is banned.. please do something and release it in Belgium. Thx !
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2018
    Hi everyone - When I originally made this post, I had an incorrect understanding of the underlying problem. The post originally stated that the problem was localisation of the game itself, but that is not true, the problem is the localisation of our PlayStation Store page. The post has been updated.

The outcome is the same, we're still working to solve the problem. I apologise for the miscommunication. Behind the scenes, things are moving quite quickly, and in the race to let you know what was happening I didn't take enough time to verify the facts.

- Hugh
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2018
    Sony wants localisation in European countries? Now, I can't speak for Turkey, UAE and Saudi Arabia, although I assume they speak English just as well...

So why don't they just default to English... What kind of backwards policy is this, Sony is really out of touch if this is indeed the case
  • Real1Real1 Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245293Members
    "next year" is a little vague. When? Next year June? December? Nice way to lose money. Sorry you had this problem I was really eager to buy this game. I have a few hundred hours on PC
  • Real1Real1 Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245293Members
    Nosfaratus wrote: »
    For Portugal you can use Brazilian Portuguese (same language)

Preferia entalar o tomate esquerdo na porta do carro
  • FloydtheBarbarFloydtheBarbar Schweiz Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245315Members
    I live in Switzerland, we speak german and french. How come that the game released in france and germany but not here?
  • RayanRayan Norge Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245269Members
    are you actually kidding me? we really don't need Norwegian transalation. i really don't understand why you couldn't just lett us play with English Language
  • ValkyrijaValkyrija Sweden Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238966Members
    I’m actually really sad right now...I live in Sweden and i have watched JSE play subnautica since he played the beta 2015... but i’ve never had a good PC to play it and i’ve waited so long for Subnautica to release on PS4... i know it’s not your fault, but i really hope you can do something about this... :c
  • Teraman64Teraman64 Japan Join Date: 2017-10-30 Member: 233776Members
    I see the reason why Subnautica is unpurchasable in Japanese PS store. But you still have never explained why your list doesn't include Japan. You have to describe that cause.
  • kelleth1989kelleth1989 Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245384Members
    Of course the netherlands doesn't get awesome stuff. My tip here is maybe try to make an in website store with paypal? If I can order it here I'll do it as soon as I can! otherwise it will be Ebay for me...
  • mGoLosmGoLos Denmark Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245395Members
    Hi. I'm in Denmark, but I can buy a disc from amazon UK. Would this work for me?
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    Stop getting so mad at the devs. It's NOT Unknown World Entertainments's fault, so you should blame Sony