Floaters Not Working?

Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members
Started a new game today. Went to attach some floaters to a rock to move it out of a cave entrance. The floaters simply will not attach. They just bounce off and float to the surface. Am I doing something wrong or is the game messing up?

Comments

• madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    You’re not crazy, this is definitely a bug. They are rolling off of the things you’re trying to attach to.
  • Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members
    Well, good to know it isn't me at least.
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Not sure if this is related but I noticed several Brain Flora, the ones that sit on the sea floor and give off air bubbles, floating on the surface of the water in the safe shallows.
  • Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members
    Wow, I haven't noticed that but that's *definitely* not supposed to happen, lol
  • IshtvaanIshtvaan Austria Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246591Members
    edited December 2018
    Started a new game today. Went to attach some floaters to a rock to move it out of a cave entrance. The floaters simply will not attach. They just bounce off and float to the surface. Am I doing something wrong or is the game messing up?

For me it is different, yesterday I stumbled across a rock blocking a cave entrance which I had never seen before, So I got about 40-50 floaters and placed them all over the rock, but it still doesn't move (it's about the size of the standard rocks the floaters are attached to). But I know that it should be movable because behind it I see some pink glow in the cave behind it (aka not a glitch) with definitely no other entrance, and the rock seems out of place i.e. not part of the surrounding area.

Are floaters still able to move rocks this way? I read somewhere that they have been nerfed quite some time ago