Who all is avoiding all things relating to Subnautica: Below Zero expansion to avoid spoilers?

0x6A72320x6A7232 Advanced userUS Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 5,247 Advanced user
Curious as to what people are doing. Ah shoot, forgot the option for "not interested in Below Zero"... ah well. Guess I can't edit it no. Unless a moderator can? if so, it's be appreciated.
UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods
Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator

Who all is avoiding all things relating to Subnautica: Below Zero expansion to avoid spoilers? 14 votes

I was in Subnautica Early Access, and I'm avoiding spoilers for Below Zero
42%
NortonAvimimusSkope0x6A7232baronvonsatanCaptainFearless 6 votes
I bought Subnautica on full release, and I'm avoiding spoilers for Below Zero
7%
DJ_Febrezee 1 vote
I was in Subnautica Early Access, and I'm also going to be involved in Below Zero Early Access. I love spoilers!
42%
jamintheinfinite_1SnailsAttackAnomalyDetectedBlueBottleMikepyxGroot89 6 votes
I bought Subnautica on full release, but I'd like to watch Below Zero take form. This is gonna be so cool!
7%
Amosalon 1 vote

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Advanced user Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 768 Advanced user
    I was in Subnautica Early Access, and I'm also going to be involved in Below Zero Early Access. I love spoilers!
    Been here since the PRAWN Update, and I plan to help in the EA for Below Zero if I can.
    ================Anom================
    "Open windows, closing doors,
    God can't help us anymore!
    Souls forever, come and go,
    Burn all the bridges and fire in the hole!"
  • SkopeSkope Advanced user Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    edited November 2018
    That's one thing that I was disappointed with myself for, knowing nearly everything about how to beat the game except the rocket practically memorized.

As much as I adored watching this game grow update by update, it made the final experience lack the magic of taking the first dive.

That's why I'm gonna try and see if making Below Zero as secret as possible will keep the magic and challenge that going in blind provides.
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan Advanced user TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members Posts: 512 Advanced user
    I was in EA for Subnautica, I'm avoiding spoilers, BUT I also want to be in EA for <0.
    This is dumb, but a click a day helps me out a little.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Advanced user Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 768 Advanced user
    Skope wrote: »
    That's one thing that I was disappointed with myself for, knowing nearly everything about how to beat the game except the rocket practically memorized.

As much as I adored watching this game grow update by update, it made the final experience lack the magic of taking the first dive.

That's why I'm gonna try and see if making Below Zero as secret as possible will keep the magic and challenge that going in blind provides.

Honestly I have to agree. Just I want to be able to feel like I'm helping.
    "Open windows, closing doors,
    God can't help us anymore!
    Souls forever, come and go,
    Burn all the bridges and fire in the hole!"
  • Rabid_LynxRabid_Lynx Fully active user Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233690Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    I'm even avoiding reading anything in this thread on the off chance someone is trolling and spoiling everything!
  • narfblatnarfblat mod Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 602 mod
    Spoiler: there will be ice!

Kind of on the fence between A and C, probably going to wait at least a while on this one. Playing too many other games at the moment. :)
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 Advanced user US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 5,247 Advanced user
    I might pop in once they're just doing the polishing sweep but honestly I don't think so... bugs that have been reported for a long time (years?) are still present in Subnautica. They do make progress fixing them (see: PRAWN able to be modified in Moonpool once console v1.0 patch hits) but what's the point of doing EA and reporting stuff if it's kept on a backburner list a mile long? Seriously, I think UWE needs to hire a bunch more talent if they're that swamped. Do that, make DLC or additional separate games in the Subnautica universe (maybe some outer-space / jungle / desert survival, how about the Craig McGill backstory?) and make a bunch more money on that. Obviously they'd have to make it fresh and different enough from Subnautica to make it worth buying, but the mechanics and gameplay are solid. Just make it different enough that it's not a pure cash grab (like other companies who do cheap iterations of the same core concept - that's fine, but keep the price to fit. You want to charge the same as a full game, better have the gameplay and story to back that up).
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods
    Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
    Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Advanced user Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 530 Advanced user
    edited November 2018
    I haven't voted yet.
    On one hand I want to avoid spoilers and only play when the game is as functional as possible.
    On the other, I'm still visiting this forum and spoilers will be unavoidable. I'm also extremely hyped, as anyone here.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I might pop in once they're just doing the polishing sweep but honestly I don't think so... bugs that have been reported for a long time (years?) are still present in Subnautica. They do make progress fixing them (see: PRAWN able to be modified in Moonpool once console v1.0 patch hits) but what's the point of doing EA and reporting stuff if it's kept on a backburner list a mile long? Seriously, I think UWE needs to hire a bunch more talent if they're that swamped. Do that, make DLC or additional separate games in the Subnautica universe (maybe some outer-space / jungle / desert survival, how about the Craig McGill backstory?) and make a bunch more money on that. Obviously they'd have to make it fresh and different enough from Subnautica to make it worth buying, but the mechanics and gameplay are solid. Just make it different enough that it's not a pure cash grab (like other companies who do cheap iterations of the same core concept - that's fine, but keep the price to fit. You want to charge the same as a full game, better have the gameplay and story to back that up).

Those were widely accepted until now because they are(were) still viewed as an indie company. After the huge success of Subnautica the standards expected of them should go way higher. Let's wait and see how their growth will unfold.
    0x6A7232BlueBottle
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Advanced user Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 344 Advanced user
    See cake / eat cake? Hmmm... cake!
    I've got my objections to the World, certainly. But I'll be very sorry to see it ruined.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless Advanced user CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members Posts: 359 Advanced user
    edited November 2018
    Personally I have been avoiding spoilers as I want the fresh experience, and after I have had my playthrough I will then delve deeper into the deep and see other things such as easter eggs and such.

By the way, how have you all been?
    Nyeh heh heh
    Beanboy Delivery
    You may know me as Tipoff Giggots
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless Advanced user CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members Posts: 359 Advanced user
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Honestly I think the same.
    Nyeh heh heh
    Beanboy Delivery
    You may know me as Tipoff Giggots
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Advanced user Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 344 Advanced user
    Yeah, I reaIly hope UWE turns fully pro one day soon, expanding the production and charging accordingly. I mean it's almost AAA level already, and seems quite under-priced for the quality (don't let this on to Devs though!)
    I've got my objections to the World, certainly. But I'll be very sorry to see it ruined.
  • TurboDodgeXVITurboDodgeXVI Fully active user Canada Join Date: 2018-04-29 Member: 240427Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    I'm sure avoiding it all as best I can. Part of what made Subnautica so amazing was knowing nothing. Nothing about the story, objectives, landscape or any of the monsters. Didn't even know there was anything big enough to kill me for a long time. Was great!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    I've avoided the entire pre-release stage of Subnautica, these DLC spoilers are a piece of cake...

Right now I know it's going to be cold and them critters are gonna be ice critters.

I want space penguins, just sayin'!!!

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

There's no way I'll manage to hold out till the final release. That took about 4 years last time didn't it?
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Advanced user Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 530 Advanced user
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    There's no way I'll manage to hold out till the final release. That took about 4 years last time didn't it?
    But now they are building upon a "finished" product, instead of building one from the ground up.