Subnautica Xbox Release Date - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Xbox Release Date - Subnautica

The wait is almost over. Subnautica is coming to Xbox One on December 4th, 2018. You will be able to buy Subnautica digitally or on a physical disk. If you...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Years...of waiting...i swear if theres a last second fail the worlds ending. Anyway, now that we're hopefully getting 1.0 after all this time, i bet we'll see the DLC on console by 2078?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Garcia16 wrote: »
    Years...of waiting...i swear if theres a last second fail the worlds ending. Anyway, now that we're hopefully getting 1.0 after all this time, i bet we'll see the DLC on console by 2078?

It was like a single year difference it's not been that long compared to PC.

Also, the not-a-dlc standalone will enter EA in 2019, not in over 50 years. It's not as long as it looks.
  • ChlorineBoyChlorineBoy United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-11-13 Member: 244701Members
    Thank you. Just thank you. The 2 years of me waiting for the game to be full released, has been really hard. But now that there is a specific data of when it is ready, I am over the moon, so a redo of the game with no bug will be great. Now come the Artic update. Keep up the good work! :)
  • vlab22vlab22 Brasil Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239280Members
    Oh no.. I have a lot of games to play... Subnautica will ruin my plans ?
  • Sub_Pilot13Sub_Pilot13 United States Join Date: 2017-09-28 Member: 233282Members
    Oh God, now I have all of Ark's DLC's to play (I waited for Extinction- its 3rd DLC- to buy all three). I also have to look forward to playing Red Dead Redemption 2- the sequel to Red Dead Redemption (my favorite game of all time) and some Super Smash Bros releasing on December 7. Oh boy this is going to be a great winter to be a gamer. ????
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    Finally this is great, its also good to know it will update instead of buying it again
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Finally this is great, its also good to know it will update instead of buying it again

Why would you ever need to buy a game you already bought? lmao
  • hugo46hugo46 Spain Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240449Members
    Yeah meen!! I've been waiting this for a long long time. I couldnt stop playing the game preview with al the bugs, so i wont stop without them, im really waiting the 4th!!! Thank u unkown worlds, and please, bring us the DLC as soon as possible!!
  • lukepar13lukepar13 Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240713Members
    Oh yay all the bugs I've experienced it was worth it i can't wait
    And big congrats to the dev team and thanks ?????
  • lukepar13lukepar13 Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240713Members
    Garcia16 wrote: »

LoL
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members
    Any game preview special items or nah?
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
    Do you mean that Subnautica on Xbox will no longer say “game preview” and will no longer have as many bugs?
  • JevJev Kaunas Join Date: 2018-11-20 Member: 244819Members
    Is the save game going to work after updating to 1.0?
    Jev wrote: »
    Is the save game going to work after updating to 1.0?

No it'll still be broken and destroyed.

I'm joking. Why would it not be fixed?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Many bugs will be fixed, virtually impossible for a game of decent size to be fully bug-free.

I would guess that old saves will still work, but old bugs may persist in old saves.
  • OreosAreNeatOreosAreNeat Join Date: 2018-11-21 Member: 244842Members
    In the 1.0 version for Xbox will there be achievements? I've been through the game a few times in game preview and can't wait to get all the achievements for the game.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    In the 1.0 version for Xbox will there be achievements? I've been through the game a few times in game preview and can't wait to get all the achievements for the game.

Yup.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Many bugs will be fixed, virtually impossible for a game of decent size to be fully bug-free.

I would guess that old saves will still work, but old bugs may persist in old saves.

I would guess that old saves will NOT work. They often didn't between updates, and I wouldn't expect them to with the release version. It's going to be a whole different install of the game, too, not just an update.

So like I've always said, don't get attached to anything you did in previous games. c.c
  • LindamantoothLindamantooth Join Date: 2018-07-05 Member: 241927Members
    Really very excited about this. Many bugs will be fixed and I also think that old saves will not work. It will be different and more interesting to play. I got this game before from this website at very less price. This new edition will be a totally worth the wait.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you're like me, I go Experimental and load + re-save my saves at least once a month to keep them current. Then a few weeks to a month before a major Stable release, if I want to leave Experimental, I back up my saves, uninstall Subnautica, then re-install once the Stable version releases and restore my saves (if you allow Experimental to progress past the Stable version, you can't load those saves in Stable without editing the "changeSet" variable in your save's gameinfo.json file to match or precede the current Stable "changeSet" value).

My saves all still work, although a touch wonky in places (mostly terrain in old bases; I should have kept the modified terrain files for those batches; woops!).
  • CrustyGrapeCrustyGrape United States Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238530Members
    I really hope the debug will still be in the game on console. I know its for early access and what not but it would feel like your taking content out of the game since its been an option for so long. Personally I havnt used it in over a year or so but I still like knowing that its an option for me. Plus it makes for some added fun to just goof around with spawning stuff and even using the Terraformer….. "RIP Terraformer" indeed.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    I'm really happy to see that it will be finished soon. Practically 1 more day till I get full release but I have a question. Will the YouTubers Easter egg gifts also be in the game or was that an exclusive only for them? Other than that one question I'm excited to play the fully released game. By the way will the Below Zero DLC also be coming to xboxone and PS4?
  • satcom2023satcom2023 Benton, Arkansas Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245095Members
    Does anyone know why devcommands aren't working on xbox one after nee update ?
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    satcom2023 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why devcommands aren't working on xbox one after nee update ?

They did this on PC to, they disable dev commands with the 1.0 update, the dev commands were present for players to be able to explore and use the commands to get past something that may be bugged or broken cause the game wasn't in 1.0 but because it IS in 1.0 now, the dev commands have been disabled
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    I really hope the debug will still be in the game on console. I know its for early access and what not but it would feel like your taking content out of the game since its been an option for so long. Personally I havnt used it in over a year or so but I still like knowing that its an option for me. Plus it makes for some added fun to just goof around with spawning stuff and even using the Terraformer….. "RIP Terraformer" indeed.

Likewise even though i am on pc i use the console command strictly for limiting FPS to 60FPS with the vsync 2 command my monitor runs at 120hz so i need that command alone to keep my framerate at 60 and to stop my pc from hyper ventilating. Lots of games have an ingame option to choose 60FPS "not vsync" and that would also work for me should the console commands be taken away.

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Just booted up my XB to play a drop of ESO, when a 6.8 GB update dropped on Subnautica. Sorry ESO, you’re going to have to wait. >.<
  • The1stM0d3R4T0rThe1stM0d3R4T0r Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245259Members
    I saw the final product was out and started playing again but did they change how you use devcommands? If removed please bring them back.
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    They are being put back in, confirmed from Obraxis himself
  • BattisBattis Hungary Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245314Members
    Hello,

My kids and myself love this game (Xbox one S)
    The graphic looks smoother and fantastic after the update.

What we miss the language selection disappeared - it is possibleto to change the language (titles) somehow?

Also good idea would be to develop a multiplayer part (ie. In 'creative' mode) just build together and play together with friends.

Thank You for the fantastic game!
    Attila
  • unholysureshotunholysureshot Uk Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245220Members
    I live in united kingdom when is the 1.0 going to be released to the uk mine still says that iy is the game preview version

Also dose it include the bug fixes for lack of resorces