Color glitches appearing and blocking out the whole screen

SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
edited November 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
This is not reproduceable, it just happens randomly after about 2-3 hours of playing.
Sometimes it disappears by it self, other times it turns the whole screen blue, but this can be fixed by saving and reloading the game.
It happened at the Aurora crash site once as well.
This is the stable build, not BETA

Specs (DxDiag): https://pastebin.com/Tzb0P9mS

Comments

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I see that in addition to a monster of a rig, you have a 2080ti. These cards have been experiencing hardware-level issues and outright dying, so the problem may be there. I would test this with a different video card if you have one available.
  • SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
    I see that in addition to a monster of a rig, you have a 2080ti. These cards have been experiencing hardware-level issues and outright dying, so the problem may be there. I would test this with a different video card if you have one available.

No, I have the MSI card which is not a reference PCB. The whole dying thing was only with the reference design.
    I do not have another GPU anyway
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Seabottom wrote: »

No, I have the MSI card which is not a reference PCB. The whole dying thing was only with the reference design.
    I do not have another GPU anyway

You might if your CPU has an Integrated Intel HD 630 buillt-in (my i5-6500 does). Just have to plug your video in to the motherboard temporarily. But if you're not experiencing issues in other games, probably not the issue. Try new drivers, or rolling back drivers.