Missing blueprint pieces. Literally.

2»

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    I thought most blueprint locations were randomised each playthrough. Or was that just a case of them getting tweaked each update?

Oh no, they are.

Just I can confirm, there are always prawn arms at that wreck.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Drill arm should be located at the wreck in the Grand Reef.

Image:
    latest?cb=20170720155053
    There is a surfeit of drill arms around the Grand Reef wreck pictured here:
    latest?cb=20170720155053

HMMMMMMMM

Oopsie! That's why I should read all the comments before commenting... :D
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    I thought most blueprint locations were randomised each playthrough. Or was that just a case of them getting tweaked each update?

For the most part, they aren't. The location and quantities of fragments inside the LP17 wreck, for example, will vary a bit (except for the teensy Prawn Suit fragments), but the kinds of fragments will always remain the same. In other locations, the kinds of fragments you'll find are more random. For example, the wreck closest to the Aurora that's not in the territory of a large, screaming murder jerk? You will either find Seaglide fragments, or Stasis Rifle fragments. And believe me-- while getting the former when you're expecting the latter is nothing you can't overcome, it's still very annoying.