Hand-held drill

VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
It would be nicer/more realistic that you don't need a whole exosuit to drill something. Make it battery-operated, maybe a high-power consumption, similar to the Laser Cutter.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    It would be nicer/more realistic that you don't need a whole exosuit to drill something. Make it battery-operated, maybe a high-power consumption, similar to the Laser Cutter.

This seems fair.
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    Well its a good idea and seems fair, but Subnautica's not going to be adding anything else.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Noah1955 wrote: »
    Well its a good idea and seems fair, but Subnautica's not going to be adding anything else.

Modders look at these threads... I think. One of them could try.
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members

Why would there be a section on the forum for "ideas and suggestions" if someone wasn't going to use it?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Why would there be a section on the forum for "ideas and suggestions" if someone wasn't going to use it?

You must be new around here :trollface:
  • awesomegamer9786awesomegamer9786 Join Date: 2018-07-25 Member: 242467Members

Good idea! I hope it gets added!
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This is the second time this has been suggested, actually. As it was then, the answer is still that if you have a handheld drill, then there's almost no reason to build the exosuit. That, and the fact that no new content is going to be added to the base game, are why there won't be such a thing without a mod.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited November 2018

It took years to finish the game-- that's why this section is here. Now that the game is finished, I think this section should probably be archived. Too many people are getting their hopes up.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    It took years to finish the game-- that's why this section is here. Now that the game is finished, I think this section should probably be archived. Too many people are getting their hopes up.

If they keep the same forums for the exp, I see no harm in it.
    Maybe a pinned post explaining that suggestions no longer apply to the original game, only for what's being actively developed.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Dude, what would be the point of a drill arm for the PRAWN if the devs added this? You wouldn't need it then, this is more like a replacement.
    Dude, what would be the point of a drill arm for the PRAWN if the devs added this? You wouldn't need it then, this is more like a replacement.

I believe the previous two times this was addressed covered that, but... thanks?
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members