Time Capsule Message & Contents

SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
So what did you put in your time capsule befor escaping 4546B and completing the game? This is what I put inside:

Items:
-Ion Cube
-Ion Cube
-Cuddlefish Egg
-Nutrient Block
-Large Filtered Water
-Medkit

Text:
G’day mate!
Welcome to 4546B. I hope if you’re reading this that you aren’t stuck on this planet like me, but by the time you are reading this I have already escaped the planet. I have included a bunch of items that i think you might want, including a picture of my base. I just want to say that this planet can be very dangerous and scary, but you should never give up on your survival, no matter what the circumstances. So good luck and I wish you the best.
-SonicCornetto

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Your giving players physical spoilers, that's nice. Ion cubes are both op to have early and a spoiler for new players. Lovely.
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
    Your giving players physical spoilers, that's nice. Ion cubes are both op to have early and a spoiler for new players. Lovely.

It really just a matter of personal opinion. Some people love spoilers and some don’t. Some like getting late game items early and some don’t, especially when they are op. You may not like spoilers and getting late game items early, but some people do. It’s a matter of personal opinion.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

It really just a matter of personal opinion. Some people love spoilers and some don’t. Some like getting late game items early and some don’t, especially when they are op. You may not like spoilers and getting late game items early, but some people do. It’s a matter of personal opinion.

I'm sorry, but what player would ever love to get a spoiler? That doesn't make much sense man.

Along with that, giving op items breaks progression of the game. This ruins the actual way to play and can just generally make the game unfun if your just handed the stuff you need with no grind and exploration.
  • DrWhoisthisDrWhoisthis Join Date: 2018-11-03 Member: 244494Members

I'm sorry, but what player would ever love to get a spoiler? That doesn't make much sense man.

Along with that, giving op items breaks progression of the game. This ruins the actual way to play and can just generally make the game unfun if your just handed the stuff you need with no grind and exploration.

A few things:
    How's it really a spoiler? I mean, you can get to the gun island by just swimming around for a bit, and get in using the purple tablet on the top. And (correct me if I'm wrong,) there are ion cubes, i think? in there. So pretty early game. Also, it doesn't unlock batteries, until you go to the thermal plant, and the only tablet you can really get, is just the purple one, since you have to go pretty deep already, to get nickel, or kyanite. And even diamond is kinda annoying to get. And even the data base entry just says that it has lots of energy, is probably grown artificially, and is from a larger deposit. And going to the places where you can get them, and stand there for a bit, you kinda catch onto most of that.

the health packs fabricate fairly quickly at base

the nutrition bar I guess is pretty good, but you start with two, and even then, plants to farm are on either island, and on the floater one, you can scan pots, to grow them in.

the cuttlefish doesn't really do much, but be amazing

again, you can farm plants for water

So to be honest, there isn't many spoilers, or op items. And if you really want a non-spoiler, non-op playthrough, then just don't use it! SonicCornetto is just playing the game, chill. Also, I like spoilers, because it gives me further insight into the game's world, so boom! I am the kind of player that likes spoilers.
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    I would like to add that personally i feel the whole time capsule thing has not been implemented properly. On one play through alone i had 4 stasis rifles from time capsules, come on Seriously ?

And i whole halfheartedly agree with what @AnomalyDetected wrote with spoilers that come in much later in the game.
  • DrWhoisthisDrWhoisthis Join Date: 2018-11-03 Member: 244494Members
    Mazzy wrote: »
    I would like to add that personally i feel the whole time capsule thing has not been implemented properly. On one play through alone i had 4 stasis rifles from time capsules, come on Seriously ?

And i whole halfheartedly agree with what @AnomalyDetected wrote with spoilers that come in much later in the game.

I agree with that, but it's just- does it actually become useful to have 4? I mean, I guess 1. So yeah, but it's more just... Use Time capsules to your own risk

A few things:
    How's it really a spoiler? I mean, you can get to the gun island by just swimming around for a bit, and get in using the purple tablet on the top. And (correct me if I'm wrong,) there are ion cubes, i think? in there. So pretty early game. Also, it doesn't unlock batteries, until you go to the thermal plant, and the only tablet you can really get, is just the purple one, since you have to go pretty deep already, to get nickel, or kyanite. And even diamond is kinda annoying to get. And even the data base entry just says that it has lots of energy, is probably grown artificially, and is from a larger deposit. And going to the places where you can get them, and stand there for a bit, you kinda catch onto most of that.

the health packs fabricate fairly quickly at base

the nutrition bar I guess is pretty good, but you start with two, and even then, plants to farm are on either island, and on the floater one, you can scan pots, to grow them in.

the cuttlefish doesn't really do much, but be amazing

again, you can farm plants for water

So to be honest, there isn't many spoilers, or op items. And if you really want a non-spoiler, non-op playthrough, then just don't use it! SonicCornetto is just playing the game, chill. Also, I like spoilers, because it gives me further insight into the game's world, so boom! I am the kind of player that likes spoilers.

Say you just bought the game. You know nothing, and are ready to play. After swimming around, you find an odd little storage device on the ground and pick it up. Your given a Ion Cube, a game object that you've never seen before. Instantly, when you find it next, it's not as interesting or cool.

I'm also very against the Cuddlefish, as it's meant to be obtained later in the game. You don't find it until ~500m below the surface, meaning I'd consider it a spoiler.
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members

Say you just bought the game. You know nothing, and are ready to play. After swimming around, you find an odd little storage device on the ground and pick it up. Your given a Ion Cube, a game object that you've never seen before. Instantly, when you find it next, it's not as interesting or cool.

I'm also very against the Cuddlefish, as it's meant to be obtained later in the game. You don't find it until ~500m below the surface, meaning I'd consider it a spoiler.

Thank You..

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited November 2018
    Yeah time caplsules really need a better system. Even more annonying is that some of them contain the picture of
    The sunbeam blowing up
    and yet people still upvote them to get them in game. Which can then spoil people who are playing the game blind.

What I would like if there was an option that disables and enables time capsules for a world, it should be off by default and if one turns it on they get a pop up window warning them that by turning them on, you will be getting items and pictures from other people that played the game and some of them might be spoilers. The pop up window is just so people who dont want to be spoiled dont accidentally turn it on and get spoiled
    Yeah time caplsules really need a better system. Even more annonying is that some of them contain the picture of
    The sunbeam blowing up
    and yet people still upvote them to get them in game. Which can then spoil people who are playing the game blind.

What I would like if there was an option that disables and enables time capsules for a world, it should be off by default and if one turns it on they get a pop up window warning them that by turning them on, you will be getting items and pictures from other people that played the game and some of them might be spoilers. The pop up window is just so people who dont want to be spoiled dont accidentally turn it on and get spoiled

Even though I'd rather them just removed entirely for another system, this idea is perfect.
    This is a pointless argument, but I agree with DrWhoisthis and this is just a game and “spoilers” is a matter of personal opinion, like I have said before. I don’t even see what we are all fighting about here anyway, I made this discussion so that we could all share what we did with our time capsule and i’m sorry if what I put inside my capsule offended you, but it doesn’t really matter because it’s only a game and the world is not going to end.
    What a “spoiler” is, is a different opinion to everyone, so no one needs to drop bombs down on people that you disagree with. And I would have been fine if you (AnomalyDectected) just said something like; Look, I find the items that you put in your time capsule spoilers, but that’s just my opinion, but you did a good job’ would have been fine, except instead you told me what I did was wrong, but I was right how about some people won’t find those items as spoilers, thank you DrWhoisthis.
    But seriously, it’s just a matter of personal opinion on what a “spoiler” is and if I offended you with the items that I put in my time capsule, then i’m sorry, but it isn’t a big deal.
    This is a pointless argument, but I agree with DrWhoisthis and this is just a game and “spoilers” is a matter of personal opinion, like I have said before. I don’t even see what we are all fighting about here anyway, I made this discussion so that we could all share what we did with our time capsule and i’m sorry if what I put inside my capsule offended you, but it doesn’t really matter because it’s only a game and the world is not going to end.
    What a “spoiler” is, is a different opinion to everyone, so no one needs to drop bombs down on people that you disagree with. And I would have been fine if you (AnomalyDectected) just said something like; Look, I find the items that you put in your time capsule spoilers, but that’s just my opinion, but you did a good job’ would have been fine, except instead you told me what I did was wrong, but I was right how about some people won’t find those items as spoilers, thank you DrWhoisthis.
    But seriously, it’s just a matter of personal opinion on what a “spoiler” is and if I offended you with the items that I put in my time capsule, then i’m sorry, but it isn’t a big deal.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Did you just thank yourself for commenting lmao
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members

It is not your fault. The time capsule mechanics are to blame.
    In my opinion, time capsules should be optional and off by default. So new players wouldn't interact with them. Beating the game would allow time capsules to be loaded.

Also, I love checking time capsule's out, but only the pic and text. I don't like having my inventory immediately flooded with random items. I don't pick up time capsules anymore solely because of this.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members

Thank you.

Quoting youself... what
    Maalteromm wrote: »

In my opinion, time capsules should be optional and off by default. So new players wouldn't interact with them. Beating the game would allow time capsules to be loaded.

Also, I love checking time capsule's out, but only the pic and text. I don't like having my inventory immediately flooded with random items. I don't pick up time capsules anymore solely because of this.

See, THIS is what I would want more!

Custom databank entries that can be shared among players. It's the perfect idea.
    edited November 2018
    I meant to thank someone else and I accidentally quoted my own comment. lol

I agree, players time capsules shouldn’t be able to spawn in other players worlds unless you allow them to.
  • LavLav Minsk, Belarus Join Date: 2018-06-18 Member: 241524Members
    I'd rather see time capsules disabled in hardcore mode and left as they are in other modes. But that's a moot point anyway since the game is no longer in development.
  • millievdbmillievdb Join Date: 2018-07-17 Member: 242266Members
    so i know this will sound dumb, but I haven't played the game yet and done know what the time capsules do. Do they contain stuff thats dropped in random games or am I wrong??
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    millievdb wrote: »
    so i know this will sound dumb, but I haven't played the game yet and done know what the time capsules do. Do they contain stuff thats dropped in random games or am I wrong??
    Each capsule contains a few game items, a picture and some text chosen by a player in the endgame.
    The capsules go through an online voting system and they spawn randomly on each playthrough.
    Don't know how many can spawn in each playthrough, I think maybe 40 capsules?
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    I've never seen one. Do you have to play while connected to the internet?
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    I've never seen one. Do you have to play while connected to the internet?

I’m not sure about needing internet connection. I have only found one so far and they are really hard to find since they spawn anywhere on the ocean bed.
    Each capsule contains a few game items, a picture and some text chosen by a player in the endgame.
    The capsules go through an online voting system and they spawn randomly on each playthrough.

How does the voting system work tho? I have heard of it and seen it, but i’ve never understood how it works.

How does the voting system work tho? I have heard of it and seen it, but i’ve never understood how it works.

People manualy upvote it. This leads to heavy abuse. Mixed with no moderation, it's abused heavily.
    People manualy upvote it. This leads to heavy abuse. Mixed with no moderation, it's abused heavily.

Oh
  • UH10UH10 Join Date: 2019-01-29 Member: 249614Members
    Do time capsules in creative get sent to other people’s survival game?
  • SeptySepty Join Date: 2021-01-20 Member: 267011Members
    Hello everyone!
    I don't know who anyone here is but I got a time capsule with SonicCornetto at the end, and it brought me here. I just want to say, even tho it is years later, thanks for the things and the lovely message, it actually is what inspired me to explore the blood kelp and lost river, and thanks for the cuddlefish egg, he is a good friend on this scary planet, idk what else to say besides thank you :)3mtyhz2p016a.jpg