The Seamoth hatch is literally impossible to open underwater.

Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
Has anyone noticed that the Seamoth opens outwards when you exit. But because the water pressure on the outside is greater than that of the air on the inside, the hatch shouldn’t open at all. Or maybe there is something with the sub being at ambient pressure or something idk.

Comments

• BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Could be a 'wet sub' (cockpit always flooded). Someone said there used to be an animation of your guy taking up an air-hose on entry, way back when. The base hatches are a nonsense though.
  • WintervoidWintervoid Join Date: 2018-10-18 Member: 244200Members
    I always wondered why they didn't make an actual 'airlock' into bases. I guess it really isn't needed, but would have been a nice touch.
  • RowletAlexRowletAlex Eleventy-seven Nonexistent Street, Nowhereville, Outer Space. Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239126Members
    Wintervoid wrote: »
    I always wondered why they didn't make an actual 'airlock' into bases. I guess it really isn't needed, but would have been a nice touch.
    The answer to this is that it’s simply be tedious to go through airlocks all the time. Things like airlocks and the bends don’t really make for enjoyable gameplay, and in most cases the lack of things like airlocks can be explained away with force field technology.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    All you have to do is open a valve and let the water in. Same problem with base, btw, and that you can't just flood temporarily. Need a chamber to be realistic.
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    It doesn't make sense when you look into it but the developer's were probably lazy to add an animation of water coming in and then getting drained, it is plausible that the water can be drained because the base does have drains (When you fully repair the hull water will drain) and the seamoth's back propellor has a wire on my screen which shoots out water when you drive (don't ask how I know it does I just went into freecam and drove).
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    All you have to do is open a valve and let the water in. Same problem with base, btw, and that you can't just flood temporarily. Need a chamber to be realistic.

it may be forcefield technology but how could humans enter force fields litteraly made out of photonic energy? You would bounce off of it like if it were an actual solid block.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members