Tiny Subnautica update released on Steam - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageTiny Subnautica update released on Steam - Subnautica

Hi everyone! Today we released a miniscule update to Subnautica on Steam. This update stops Windows Defender from identifying Subnautica as malware. We promise Subnautica is an underwater adventure game,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• jal21jal21 Join Date: 2018-09-30 Member: 243850Members
    32.7 mb is a lot of files that Windows Defender found suspicious are.. you... shurrrr sooo... pretty... i-i want to touch it
  • JeruthJeruth Join Date: 2018-09-30 Member: 243853Members
    firs love the game and good to see its still being keep up on. and second cant wait for an open beta for the new subnautica ❄️below zero ❄️
  • TheSigerusTheSigerus Poland Join Date: 2018-07-19 Member: 242323Members
    It is important that the game does not stand still and goes in the right direction. Therefore, I am very happy with the general work. I bought a game I could not stop playing 10 hours of playing so I was interested in the underwater adventure. From today I have 573 hours including this great adventure that is Subnautica.I greet the whole team :)
  • ElectrixxGamingElectrixxGaming Join Date: 2018-06-22 Member: 241623Members
    edited September 2018
    Great to see how you guys are still working on making the game even better. Keep it up ^^
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Care to update us on the console patch?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Garcia16 wrote: »

They have.

Multiple times.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2018
    "We promise Subnautica is an underwater adventure game, not malware"

Wait just one minute here! That's exactly what malware would say 39.gif
  • HelisHelis Mars Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239297Members
    " We promise Subnautica is an underwater adventure game, not malware"
    You mean it's... UNDERWARE?! *badoom-tss*
  • ArkaelDrenArkaelDren Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237971Members
    edited October 2018
    Ok guys, need some others to verify this but it seems as though my water usage is up by about 21-23% due to this patch. Have tried with fresh install(s) mods/no mods with same result.

1) Standing still full 100/100 at 25mins water starts blinking.
    2) Standing still full 100/100 at 29:30mins water is critical.
    3) Food is at 1/3rd after the 29:30 mark.
  • HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    Whatever the update was, it didn't seem to work for me. Defender still detects a trojan whenever I try to save Subnautica. This is literally a brand new computer I got yesterday - updated Defender and installed Subnautica *after* this post/update was released.
    I made sure my definitions are up to date and verified the integrity of the Subnautica files in Steam.
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members

They have.

Multiple times.

Im talking about right here right now. Hows it looking? Can we get just something on when it is to come. We're in October and STILL waiting on it
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Im talking about right here right now. Hows it looking? Can we get just something on when it is to come. We're in October and STILL waiting on it

When they have an update for us, they'll give it. Asking for updates before then isn't going to get you anything. So, don't hold your breath, it'll come when it comes.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Me: hey Devs! How much longer till the xboxone version is fully polished and updated?
    Devs: *silent*
    Me: hey devs! So will it be updated soon?
    Devs: *still working on PC dlc*
    Me: hey devs! Its months maybe years sense the last update will it be updated soon?
    Devs: *STILL working on the dlc*
    Me: hey devs can I have a refund?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Me: hey Devs! How much longer till the xboxone version is fully polished and updated?
    Me: hey devs! Its months maybe years sense the last update will it be updated soon?

Dude, Obraxis alone, on this forum alone, has answered these questions like 5 times.

What more do you want?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    A refund apparently :trollface:
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    A refund apparently :trollface:

Welp, you got me there.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2018

I've updated the Xbox forum and Subnautica forums many times. It's hard to make sure everyone can see those posts.

We've been working with Panic Button for months now on console Subnautica. We have Subnautica currently in final certification at both Microsoft & Sony for the final 1.0 retail release. We're going to try and launch the 1.0 patch on Xbox before retail launch, however this may not be possible due to the way certification works.

In any case, we're still on-track for all Game-Preview copies to update at 1.0, and retail copies going live on December 7th. If there are any other changes I will post about them.
  • WinstonCWinstonC Join Date: 2018-10-20 Member: 244226Members
    Why did the update change my game mode to survival? I have been play several days on freedom and now I cannot change it back. Tried the console command but that will not save in the game save.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    WinstonC wrote: »
    Why did the update change my game mode to survival? I have been play several days on freedom and now I cannot change it back. Tried the console command but that will not save in the game save.

That's really weird, I've never heard of that happening before. o.O

Definitely submit a bug report if you haven't already.
  • RedFireeRedFiree Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238469Members
    In my opinion it would be ciol if you add different loading screens apart from the aurora cceasgin. Like a survival guide book concept. Or maybe a view inside the ILZ or maybe the Neptune Escape Rocket concept.
  • kdcorley77kdcorley77 United States Join Date: 2018-10-23 Member: 244292Members
    i still cant play this since the update
    edited October 2018
    WinstonC wrote: »

You could try changing the game mode in the "\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot0000\gameinfo.json" file inside your save folder, check the screenshot.jpg to see which "slotxxxx" folder you need. Open it with notepad, wordpad or another text editor such as notepad++ for example.

Look for "gameMode":0 in the file and change the numeric value to one of the following:
    0 - Survival
    1 - Freedom
    2 - Hardcore
    3 - Creative
  • awesomegamer9786awesomegamer9786 Join Date: 2018-07-25 Member: 242467Members

RedFiree wrote: »
    In my opinion it would be ciol if you add different loading screens apart from the aurora cceasgin. Like a survival guide book concept. Or maybe a view inside the ILZ or maybe the Neptune Escape Rocket concept.

Good idea! Maybe plans for the cyclops, prawn or seamoth for loading screen as well?
  • danodano United States Join Date: 2018-10-27 Member: 244380Members
    Now let's address the save issue on xbox. It is ridiculous that this is still an ongoing problem.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    dano wrote: »
    Now let's address the save issue on xbox. It is ridiculous that this is still an ongoing problem.

Now lets adress the fact the update is going to fix that on December 7th, which you would know if you read around my guy.
  • DaALCDaALC UK Join Date: 2018-10-02 Member: 243914Members
    Hi, is the PC update with the Panic Button optimising also ETA Dec 7th, or will we see that earlier?
    I want to start a new hardmode livestream but not willing to risk glitching through the floor and dying after 30 hours again.
    DaALC wrote: »
    Hi, is the PC update with the Panic Button optimising also ETA Dec 7th, or will we see that earlier?
    I want to start a new hardmode livestream but not willing to risk glitching through the floor and dying after 30 hours again.

It should be about the same time, but either way, the PC is far more stable.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think it would be the 4th of Dec as that's when console hits. One region is delayed until the 7th, I forget if it was Europe or what.
  • SpacesickPond6SpacesickPond6 Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247404Members
    Hi unknown worlds I have subnautica for the pc and whenever I go to play it it shows it loading but then the screen goes black and when I skip the intro which is a black screen it shows that I am in the pod and when I check the pda there is nothing on it and then everything freezes I have uninstalled it many times and gone through all that I can think of

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Hi unknown worlds I have subnautica for the pc and whenever I go to play it it shows it loading but then the screen goes black and when I skip the intro which is a black screen it shows that I am in the pod and when I check the pda there is nothing on it and then everything freezes I have uninstalled it many times and gone through all that I can think of

@SpacesickPond6 Try deleting your options file, see if that helps. Also make sure you have updated your drivers.