Will the game be updated before the DLC output?

davokerdavoker España Join Date: 2018-08-09 Member: 242747Members
I thought I had read that the game would be updated before the DLC came out, with the update of the engine, improvements, fixes of bugs, etc. etc.

This is so? or are we not going to see an update until the DLC comes out? (The DLC was for 2019 no? sometime in 2019?)

Comments

• VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    Either an update will happen before the DLC, or they will both come out at the same time.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're working on updates, you can opt-into the Steam experimental Beta to test them early (though they often break the game, so be aware).
  • davokerdavoker España Join Date: 2018-08-09 Member: 242747Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're working on updates, you can opt-into the Steam experimental Beta to test them early (though they often break the game, so be aware).

Thanks, I did not have good experience with the experimental, I'll wait for the game to be officially updated hehe
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I'm still hoping for a streamlining of the resource system.

COLLECTING resources is fine, and fun.

Managing a stable of lockers and trying to remember where everything is? Running back and forth trying to find those couple units of stuff you KNOW you have SOMEWHERE? Not Fun.

Just a nice little raw-resource dump in a large room, or Cyclops. Have the Fabricator pull resources from there.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Wall lockers have an editable nametag. Name one titanium, the next quartz, etc. Boom, instant organization with no scrambling around.
  • ant122ant122 Join Date: 2018-10-26 Member: 244345Members
    Either an update will happen before the DLC, or they will both come out at the same time.

Maybe
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    ant122 wrote: »

Maybe

No. The Standalone will likely be in EA next year at this point. PS4 and Xbox have their events happening on December 7th, and I doubt that's when they will launch EA for Below Zero.