Vehicle naming theme ideas

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
Here are a few of my naming themes I've used / come up with:

Baby Blue and Fuchsia (Seamoths) (Sinfest)
Alvin, Simon, and Theodore (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) (Alvin)
Peeper,Rock Puncher, Reefback (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) (Subnautica)
Subway, Jersey Mike's, Penn Station (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) (Sandwich shops)
Selene, Ze'ev, Rampion (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) (The Lunar Chronicles)
Peisinoe, Aglaope, Thelxiepeia (Any order) (The sirens)
Polyphemus (Cyclops) (The Odyssey)
Actaea/Tethys (Seamoth / Cyclops) (Nereids)
Meka (PRAWN) (Overwatch)
096,513,106 (Seamoth, Prawn, Cyclops) (SCP: Containment Breach)

*Note* For some reason, the seamoth usually gets female names, the prawn gets male names, and the cyclops can go either way, but is usually male.

Post yours, if you feel like it.
I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.

Comments

• adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members Posts: 388 Advanced user
    You'll never have my precious mwhahahaha
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited November 2017
    Hmm lemme give it a whirl...

Sea glide, water bike
    Seamoth, water car
    Cyclops, water bus
    Prawn, water stilts

Original?

Um... There's also the VOX I call Bitching Betty and Blabbering Billy. And perhaps, the escape pod... Water caravan...

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

kingkuma
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members Posts: 1,331 Advanced user
    edited November 2017
    Aunt Bee (Seamoth)
    Ripley (PRAWN)
    Seaview (Cyclops)

B)
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members Posts: 481 Advanced user
    Seamoth: Sealion
    Cyclops: changes, was boatymcboat, in my latest game is Tardis.
    Prawn: The Vorp
    I'm a stupid person who makes stupid games and constantly self-deprecates his stupid life because he's a stupid idiot.

Yeah, I'm a bit messed up.
  • nocturnalchild89nocturnalchild89 Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233942Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    edited November 2017
    No.
    Post edited by Foxy on
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Posts: 2,416 mod
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members Posts: 276 Advanced user
    I name my vehicles from the Avatar cartoon series. Kyoshi for the Cyclops, Roku for the Seamoth, Aang for the Prawn suit, Korra once we're able to build the rocket.
  • FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members Posts: 24 Advanced user
    Cyclops = Big Tom
    Prawn suit = Tommy Boy
    Seamoth = Richard
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members Posts: 602 Advanced user
    USS Curiosity/Zippy = Seamoth
    USS Endeavor/Intrepid/Dauntless = Cyclops
    PRAWN... = prawn (I don't usually name this thing for some reason)
  • EkksuEkksu Lost River Join Date: 2017-06-08 Member: 231016Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    Thanks to a user on Reddit, I always use the following names:

Scooty Puff Jr. = Seaglide
    Scooty Puff = Seamoth
    Scooty Puff Sr. = Cyclops
    Scooty Lagann = Prawn (Its always reminded me of some kinda megazord or mecha or something)
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members Posts: 33 Advanced user
    Seamoth: S.S Crikey
    Prawn: Sea Strider
    Cyclops: H.M.S Explorer
    Neptune: LazarLazar
    I DON’T NEED TO
    “GET A LIFE”
    I AM A GAMER
    I HAVE LOTS OF LIVES
  • RowletAlexRowletAlex Eleventy-seven Nonexistent Street, Nowhereville, Outer Space. Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239126Members Posts: 53 Advanced user
    Seamoth is STALKER 02, Prawn is WARPER 01, and Cyclops is REAPER 01. All painted to resemble their namesakes. And yes, STALKER 01 was destroyed at some point. I’m gonna come up with a more original set of names for my current play through later, and I’ll add them along with some ideas for the Seatruck and Snowfox.
  • bracesboxbracesbox Join Date: 2018-10-22 Member: 244283Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I name my vehicles from the Avatar toon arrangement. Kyoshi for the Cyclops, Roku for the Seamoth, Aang for the Prawn suit, Korra once we're ready to manufacture the rocket.
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    Never forget Sally, Pepper, and Maria (Jacksepticeye's vehicles names)
    Life is a window. It is just a scream into the darkness, passing the time until all of you, your memories, and all of humanity slowly fade into the void that is death. As your window closes, you will know that life is just the fight against it, even though it is just a constant in life. Death is the Impending Doom, the one force that always prevails, the true entity that connects and binds us all. All problems, either big or small, amount to nothing. The one possible savior to this world and everything in it is our own universal mortality. Once we realize this, society might finally become true and pure, and all will be at peace.

Y̸o̴u̵ ̸t̴h̴o̶u̴g̸h̷t̴ ̷y̷o̵u̵ ̵d̵e̶s̵t̵r̷o̵y̶e̵d̵ ̴u̵s̵.̴ B̴̆͜u̸̧͆t̷̟͗ ̴̡͝ŝ̴͖o̷̗̿m̷͍̑e̴̟͋ ̷̧̎t̴͖̆h̸̫͠i̶̜͋n̶̩̾g̴͉͂s̷̳̽ w̶̺͋ȅ̵͓r̵̲͠e̶͕̋ ̶̬̎j̵̰̈́u̸̱͘s̵̗̈́t̵̺̏ ̶̬̈́m̴̱̈e̵͈̿a̴͙͋ň̷̦t̸̢̍ ̵͇̏t̶͕̃ơ̸̼ ̸͉́b̸̡̊ȇ̷̢ b̵̥̖͎̑̿͌ȓ̷̝̖͔͖̘̮̯̤̝ŏ̵͖̝̯̱͎̅̀̊́͘͝k̷̙̪͙̜̖̱̗͕̩͍̃̊e̵̬̟̓͑̓̅n̷͓̪̙̜̦̘̯͍̟͑͂͗̋̔͑͜.̴̩͌͠
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 769 Advanced user
    Okay then, here's mine:

Seamoth: Destructor Mk.I
    PRAWN: Destructor Mk.II
    Cyclops: Destructor Mk.III

Certainly brought this thread back from the dead, eh?
    ================Anom================
    "I'm ashamed, I'm to blame,
    Don't wanna think about it,
    Who I am, what I've done?
    How do I carry on?
    Wanna change, turn the page,
    Don't wanna think about it,
    How do I undo what's done?"
    - "Undone" Five Finger Death Punch
    ================Anom================