Comments

• AltF4AltF4 Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22587Members
    I might want to post something more interesting in this window later (claimed)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Overview of the map?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Good to see you mapping :smile: Ok so I ran around on the map, the layout is quite funny, the circle system is interesting. Right now I see 3 major flaws though. The first is the lack of connectivity. The central round corridor seems too big / long, you kinda feel completely isolated from the other side. The two start Tech Points also lack one exit, both have only 1 effective exit, which I think is not a good idea. For marines this means 1 free RT aswell. The second flaw is the TP placement. The East TP is way too close to their starting Hive, aliens don't need any incentive to do anything to be honest, they can have 2 Hives and 2 RTs by running 10m out of their starting room. I would suggest moving that TP on the real East side of the map. The third flaw is the RT layout. Generally 7 RTs are jsut not enough. You should not have less than 9 because the game isn't balanced for it. And as I said already, the naturals right now are just free RTs, also having only 1 natural is not cool aswell.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    From the looks of it this could be very marine sided, very few vents and lots of corridors. I'd be interested to try it though, love new custom maps!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Those layouts were developed while NS2 was still in development, before anyone had a firm idea of what layouts would & wouldn't work. So they're best used as a starting point, instead of a strict template.
    edited November 2018
    Changed a lot and layed out a different map. Since they do not base on each other I splitted them into two mods. No clue yet they might be too symmetric but still play fun.