Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed - Subnautica

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I don't really care for PC updates I want xboxone updates

Okay, then keep that idea in your mind and go comment on a thread about Xbox updates.
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members

Same. Should be this month, us game previewers money went to perfecting PC and this DLC
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Garcia16 wrote: »

Same. Should be this month, us game previewers money went to perfecting PC and this DLC

Updating takes time. Rushing it just makes it worse in quality. Just give the devs some time.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited September 2018
    Although I'm tentatively excited for the expansion, I also wonder what happened to the post-1.0 update for the base game that was listed on Trello. There were some nice quality of life fixes planned potentially for a post-1.0 patch, but all we've gotten is a couple of bugfix patches.

Did the devs officially cancel or postpone it, or has it kind of been swept under the rug with all effort going forwards being put into the expansion?

Edit: Partially answered my own question from looking at the Trello. They've renamed the titles on the roadmap so that those post-1.0 features are now listed as being part of the expansion, not any sort of post-1.0 update. Not unexpected or unprecedented, but still annoying that these features likely won't ever make their way to the base game.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    Did the devs officially cancel or postpone it, or has it kind of been swept under the rug with all effort going forwards being put into the expansion?

My best guess is that they are planning some quality of life improvements for the expansion, that will also be implemented in the original game, since they'll share engines and whatnot.
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    Although I'm tentatively excited for the expansion, I also wonder what happened to the post-1.0 update for the base game that was listed on Trello. There were some nice quality of life fixes planned potentially for a post-1.0 patch, but all we've gotten is a couple of bugfix patches.

Edit: Partially answered my own question from looking at the Trello. They've renamed the titles on the roadmap so that those post-1.0 features are now listed as being part of the expansion, not any sort of post-1.0 update. Not unexpected or unprecedented, but still annoying that these features likely won't ever make their way to the base game.

They are working on optimization and bug fix updates for 1.0, but no new content.
  • BladeofDismay1BladeofDismay1 United States Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216497Members
    How can they be working on a new expansion when they haven't even fixed the VR launching issues that prevent people without VR from being able to play the original game half the time? I don't mean to start a fight but this is a genuine problem they refuse to respond to in the forums.
    How can they be working on a new expansion when they haven't even fixed the VR launching issues that prevent people without VR from being able to play the original game half the time? I don't mean to start a fight but this is a genuine problem they refuse to respond to in the forums.

You realize that they are working on that, right? Just because they started a new project doesn't mean the old one is abandoned.
  • VelocityTyVelocityTy Australia Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236148Members
    I have been waiting so long for this thank you unknown worlds!
  • leki639leki639 Gonzales La Join Date: 2018-09-09 Member: 243446Members
    Has they put out a release date yet
  • RangospineRangospine India Join Date: 2018-09-13 Member: 243531Members
    Is there a date when subnautica below zero is gonna get released ?
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

I've actually responded to this a number of time, on here, Discord, steam & reddit.

We just fixed some VR bugs in Steam experimental, and are puttying in a VR PDA distance options slider. You can try them out (still a work-in-progress)

Yay! Obraxis is here! I love it when you comment on posts when people complain about the game/discord, and you totally prove them wrong. It always makes me laugh!
  • alpha211alpha211 Join Date: 2017-02-04 Member: 227606Members
    Wow! I can not wait to play this version! It would be nice if a new game play is present, for example that a kind of "de-icer" be added to open access blocked by ice!
  • Red1_LeaderRed1_Leader United States Join Date: 2018-08-24 Member: 243002Members

I've actually responded to this a number of time, on here, Discord, steam & reddit.

We just fixed some VR bugs in Steam experimental, and are puttying in a VR PDA distance options slider. You can try them out (still a work-in-progress)

so i have heard that VR was on the back burner for a wile but does this mean i should bring up VR bugs again now? (and this mean my mouse will be able to select things on menus so that i can interact with the exit button without having to use my task manager to close the game aka will try it again?)
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    Will it be coming to Xbox in the future because this one looks great and would hate to miss the chance to explore the frozen landmass of 4546b.
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Guys...console release is spilling into OCTOBER FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! WTF
    What about for the pc
  • sisyphus84sisyphus84 Join Date: 2016-12-26 Member: 225505Members
    edited September 2018
    Shouldn´t you make the current game playable before releasing an expansion? I get about 9 fps while looking at east and about 120 fps while looking at west.
  • alpha211alpha211 Join Date: 2017-02-04 Member: 227606Members
    At this point, it's your pc that has a problem, a memory loss or a slowdown may be caused by too much construction in the direction. You would not have built too many things east by chance?
    Or it is the capsule early game that is too old and generates lags. Try to get closer to your capsule to see if the lags come from there.
    alpha211 wrote: »
    At this point, it's your pc that has a problem, a memory loss or a slowdown may be caused by too much construction in the direction. You would not have built too many things east by chance?
    Or it is the capsule early game that is too old and generates lags. Try to get closer to your capsule to see if the lags come from there.

The problem only occurs when I´m in my base. I can look at the base from the outside ant still get high fps, so it´s not a problem with too much construction in that direction.
    Does any one no when the expansion will be out for pc
    Currently all this info is incorrect.

The expansion will be releasing Early Assess either late 2018 (December) or early 2019 (January, February, March). We will like not get a full release until sometime late 2019 or 2020. Hopefully 2020. The game will go into EA like the last one did. It will not be out before development even really got far.
  • moopcake09moopcake09 Bath Maine Join Date: 2018-10-07 Member: 244000Members
    I think it will be pretty cool and I hope it will be on the xbox one
  • moopsmoops West Bath Maine Join Date: 2018-10-07 Member: 243999Members
    I think it will be fun
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2018
    sisyphus84 wrote: »
    Shouldn´t you make the current game playable before releasing an expansion? I get about 9 fps while looking at east and about 120 fps while looking at west.

That's exactly what we're doing. Subnautica is being worked on by Panic Button & UWE team members to get to to release state ASAP. Below Zero is being worked on by a separate team @ UWE.

Current release date is December 7th for Subnautica Console 1.0 - Below Zero does not have any release dates or Early Access dates.
  • LorannaLoranna TN USA Join Date: 2018-09-02 Member: 243219Members
    I just can not wait untill I can play it ,,,,, I love the original game
    sisyphus84 wrote: »

That's exactly what we're doing. Subnautica is being worked on by Panic Button & UWE team members to get to to release state ASAP. Below Zero is being worked on by a separate team @ UWE.

Current release date is December 7th for Subnautica Console 1.0 - Below Zero does not have any release dates or Early Access dates.

Well, I was talkning about Subnautica on PC. As we all know Subnautica was released on PC in January this year. But it is still unplayable for some people, as I said before: I get about 9 fps while looking at east and about 120 fps while looking at west.
  • TheFujiroseTheFujirose Canada, ON Join Date: 2018-10-13 Member: 244120Members
    I'm so excited! The development team on this always makes the wildest content. Heres to hoping the terraformer model will be used.
  • YouSeeMeYouSeeMe Join Date: 2018-10-16 Member: 244173Members
    Dear Developers,

I have only one suggestion.
    Please, please please please, if you didn't watch it yet, watch the critique of Subnautica by Joseph Anderson. He did a great job regarding pointing out some issues of this game.
    youtube com/watch?v=DLsPoJWO-e8

Thank you for what you have done and what you are doing.