PS4 production and release date?

millievdbmillievdb Join Date: 2018-07-17 Member: 242266Members
So i just wanted to know how it's going with the PS4 developing and if there is a possible release date. Because I'm just real hyped about it and hope it is done quickly and good.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
  • Tarman123Tarman123 Join Date: 2018-03-23 Member: 239414Members
    @AnomalyDetected If that is true that is awesome but are you sure that's correct information?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Tarman123 wrote: »
    @AnomalyDetected If that is true that is awesome but are you sure that's correct information?

It's legit from Gamestop. Why wouldn't that be legit?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2018

It's gonna go diskform/retail? Or is that one of those PSN digital copy cards, with a link to a download?
    Kouji_San wrote: »

It's gonna go diskform/retail? Or is that one of those PSN digital copy cards, with a link to a download?

No clue, but judging by the text on the gamestop page, it might go full retail.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I'm not on the Subnautica team, so I don't know the answer, but I just wanted to point out that release dates on retailer's websites are NOT an official source of information.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I'm not on the Subnautica team, so I don't know the answer, but I just wanted to point out that release dates on retailer's websites are NOT an official source of information.

Welp looks like I've failed. Thanks for the info.
  • millievdbmillievdb Join Date: 2018-07-17 Member: 242266Members
    So I live in Belgium and here it's the 8the December, but still it's awesome. I'm gonna preorder it as soon as my parents are back home
    millievdb wrote: »
    So I live in Belgium and here it's the 8the December, but still it's awesome. I'm gonna preorder it as soon as my parents are back home

How is it the 8th for you? It's still way before then for everyone in the world...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Obraxis wrote: »
    December 7th for retail release (yes, physical copies) on consoles with Digital release on the same day.

This may change, but that's the current plan.

Huh, neat.
  • FodoxDiverFodoxDiver Brasil Join Date: 2018-06-11 Member: 241315Members
    December 7th for retail release (yes, physical copies) on consoles with Digital release on the same day.

That's great news.
    Will pre-order be avaliable?
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I'm a little disappointed on the physical copies thing. Is it an enforced requirement for the consoles?
    As an environmentally oriented company, UWE should strive to remain digital as much as possible.
    FodoxDiver wrote: »

That's great news.
    Will pre-order be avaliable?

Pre-Order is already available on any site selling physical copies. Also try the Playstation Store.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed on the physical copies thing. Is it an enforced requirement for the consoles?
    As an environmentally oriented company, UWE should strive to remain digital as much as possible.

It's not like they're not gonna release a digital copy. They don't plan to not. Making a physical copy is useful for those who travel to a friends house, or for bragging rights.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff

Re-read Obraxis's post above - it says digital release on the same day. :)
  • FodoxDiverFodoxDiver Brasil Join Date: 2018-06-11 Member: 241315Members
    Also try the Playstation Store.

Nothing on PS Store so far...

qlukhpd6ovkz.png
    narfblat wrote: »

I said remain digital, which is the sole format currently available for Subnautica. I never stated, or complained, that digital copies wouldn't be provided, just that physical ones aren't quite required nowadays (although there still is quite a large niche for it).

I said remain digital, which is the sole format currently available for Subnautica. I never stated, or complained, that digital copies wouldn't be provided, just that physical ones aren't quite required nowadays (although there still is quite a large niche for it).

While not required anymore, many still enjoy them due to both the transportability of the disc and the cool box to show off. It also makes your physical collection more full if you have one.

While not required anymore, many still enjoy them due to both the transportability of the disc and the cool box to show off. It also makes your physical collection more full if you have one.

That's precisely why I said there's a niche for it. That doesn't mean one should fill it.
  • WaterminatorWaterminator Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238084Members
    edited October 2018
    I had probleme with my ps4, it cant read the disks anymore... so I advise you to take it in electronic form to not find yourself in the same situation
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    just totaly random they should add in a squidward leviathan it would be super scary see h11s4g41t925.jpg
  • millievdbmillievdb Join Date: 2018-07-17 Member: 242266Members