Bellow zero?

conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
Is the dlc comming out on pc and xbox at the same time?

Comments

• LapisWhovianLapisWhovian The Lost River Cove Tree (The base with the moonpool) Join Date: 2018-08-22 Member: 242976Members
    edited September 2018
    Probably not, development still isn't complete for the base game on Xbox. Porting to consoles will take time and is entirely optional.
    There is always the chance that they won't port Below Zero.
  • Dcox78Dcox78 Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239208Members
    edited September 2018
    I'm looking forward to playing the expansion when it is released. My new graphic card is on its way! When it arrives I will be able to max everything out and enjoy the game at full potential. Then when Below Zero is released, I can enjoy it at full graphic potential. Just a thought, it would be nice if we could invite just one or two players to our game when we wanted to. The inviter being the host computer of course. If a player is invited to a game the program wouldn't import anything but the scuba gear that he/she has on. What do you all think?
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    Probably not, development still isn't complete for the base game on Xbox. Porting to consoles will take time and is entirely optional.
    There is always the chance that they won't port Below Zero.

Umm... they're more than likely going to port it to console. The base game is complete, just has a few bug fixes to work out. Also achievements may be added. The devs themselves aren't working on the update, it's another development group. It shouldn't take too long.

And also the base game will come out on PS4
  • Kaiju_GamingKaiju_Gaming Sheridan Wyoming Join Date: 2018-09-25 Member: 243770Members
    Is there a section to be a part of the Beta testing for below zero ... Like a sign up or is it going to be like "we're gonna release the game and you guys send us invoices on things that need fixed" Regardless I am über excited to play the expansion
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2018
    Is there a section to be a part of the Beta testing for below zero ... Like a sign up or is it going to be like "we're gonna release the game and you guys send us invoices on things that need fixed" Regardless I am über excited to play the expansion

Probably their PT Discord channel, the PT sub forums and usual and application process, once that opens up, to become a playtester as them dev type people usually do
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    I hope it comes to Xbox one and is it true the protagonist in this one is female because she looks awesome in the concept art.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We do not have release dates for consoles for Below Zero. We're currently working with Panic Button to get the console release of Subnautica to be as good as it can be.
  • VictorShinigamiVictorShinigami Join Date: 2018-09-29 Member: 243839Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We do not have release dates for consoles for Below Zero. We're currently working with Panic Button to get the console release of Subnautica to be as good as it can be.

I really hope it doesn't cost too much (the DLC I mean), as I want to have the full game on both PC and PS4...
    Also, no need to hurry on that DLC release date, as long as it's coming we're fine.

Thanks for your work!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Obraxis wrote: »

I really hope it doesn't cost too much (the DLC I mean), as I want to have the full game on both PC and PS4...
    Also, no need to hurry on that DLC release date, as long as it's coming we're fine.

Thanks for your work!

You know, to be quite honest maybe there needs to be some kind of discount for people buying into multiple platforms, if at all possible...
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    Yawns More Waiting It's getting to be winter here I'll be Hibernating soon :P
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Yawns More Waiting It's getting to be winter here I'll be Hibernating soon :P

Looks like you hibernating then. Below Zero ain't comin' until 2019.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I wonder if it'll have a Preview like the base game did. I'd imagine so, but more than likely only once Panic Button is ready to start working on it too. It wouldn't make much sense to launch that while the base game is still being ironed out.
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
    I hope Below Zero comes out for xbox, it will be very disappointing if it doesn’t. Besides, they have only just started working on the dlc and it isn’t scheduled to come out untill sometime in 2019, so there isn’t really anything to be worried about. At least not yet.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I hope Below Zero comes out for xbox, it will be very disappointing if it doesn’t. Besides, they have only just started working on the dlc and it isn’t scheduled to come out untill sometime in 2019, so there isn’t really anything to be worried about. At least not yet.

1) Why would it not come out on Xbox?
    2) DLC? HMMMMMM
    3) They've been working on it for months now. Does nobody see the development on the discord?
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll have a Preview like the base game did. I'd imagine so, but more than likely only once Panic Button is ready to start working on it too. It wouldn't make much sense to launch that while the base game is still being ironed out.

Subnautica: Below Zero will come out in EA somewhere in this December or in 2019
    I did TONS of research and I still can't find anything relating to its release into EA
    Noah1955 wrote: »
    Rezca wrote: »

Subnautica: Below Zero will come out in EA somewhere in this December or in 2019
    I did TONS of research and I still can't find anything relating to its release into EA

Yet again, Late 2018 or early 2019 is out timeframe, as you mentioned.
    Currently EA has quite a lot of content.
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
    2) DLC? HMMMMMM
    3) They've been working on it for months now. Does nobody see the development on the discord

1) ‘Cause people are worried that it won’t come out on Xbox
    2) people are calling it a dlc
    3) I don’t do discord, but I am aware that they have already been working on the game for months already
    2) DLC? HMMMMMM
    3) They've been working on it for months now. Does nobody see the development on the discord

1) ‘Cause people are worried that it won’t come out on Xbox
    2) people are calling it a dlc
    3) I don’t do discord, but I am aware that they have already been working on the game for months already

I get they're worried about not getting it, I don't get why. Subnautica was on Xbox since early in development.

Also It's not a DLC. A DLC is content made and purchased for a game. Below Zero is a standalone game using, as quoted by the devs "the base game as a skeleton."