[spoilery] What's your cargo when going home?

LavLav Minsk, Belarus Join Date: 2018-06-18 Member: 241524Members
Personally, I usually take a couple of infected fishes to aid in negotiating my outstanding debt. If I lose the negotiations and concede that everything on that planet is indeed property of Alterra... well, here's your property, have fun with it.

Comments

• Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    Evil! I never took anything, because I didn’t go back to earth. I overrid the rocket and told it to take me to the New Soviet Mongol Empire’s homeworld.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Honestly, I never want to leave the planet.

But if anything, I would bring a ton of alien samples and species. Not only to pay my debt but so I could brag back home about how awesome I am for collecting some unknown alien fish.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Should bring diamonds to pay debt... they're natural, so as long as the industry still has the crazy scam going where imperfect natural diamonds are worth more than cheap mass produced perfect artificial diamonds, it'd be worth a fortune. Especially since they can be marketed and marked up as diamonds from an alien water paradise world. Shh, don't mention the minor details. xD
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Should bring diamonds to pay debt... they're natural, so as long as the industry still has the crazy scam going where imperfect natural diamonds are worth more than cheap mass produced perfect artificial diamonds, it'd be worth a fortune. Especially since they can be marketed and marked up as diamonds from an alien water paradise world. Shh, don't mention the minor details. xD

But those diamonds are property of Alterra, just like everything else on the planet. You’d have to hand them over once you got to earth and still have your massive debt.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Diamonds, the alien fuel cells and anything else of value that I can cram into the pod, then head straight for Alterra's biggest competitor with all of Alterra's schematics and data and sell it all to live a life of luxury while under protection from retaliation.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    Diamonds, the alien fuel cells and anything else of value that I can cram into the pod, then head straight for Alterra's biggest competitor with all of Alterra's schematics and data and sell it all to live a life of luxury while under protection from retaliation.

So, the Mongolians?
  • dasCKDdasCKD Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233978Members
    When you think about it, it is a bad idea for Altera to treat its citizens as poorly as it does.
  • LavLav Minsk, Belarus Join Date: 2018-06-18 Member: 241524Members
    dasCKD wrote: »
    When you think about it, it is a bad idea for Altera to treat its citizens as poorly as it does.
    I'm actually not sure they really treat them that poorly. All debt claims are done by automatic AI and don't necessarily apply to the situation at hand. Maybe the arctic DLC will clear things up a bit.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Ralij wrote: »

So, the Mongolians?

Probably, they're the only other ones we know of. Though, I'd prefer a different one since they do seem to be a bit buddy buddy with Alterra.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited September 2018
    Alterra is a spoof/critique of capitalism of the future gone feral isn't it? These two Alterra crew PDAs really tickled my funny bone (Alert: very spoilery)

Responsible Autonomous Relationships Foreword, by Jenny Eklund

All the good things in life are commodities. We trade love just as we buy and sell stock. We engage in human relationships when there is a fair exchange of value. Support, motivation, affection - nothing good is ever free.

If every physical good in the federation came from a single supplier it would constitute a dangerous monopoly. Personal relationships are the same: it is important for people to get what they need from multiple sources. If a person finds a better source of the goods they require, they are not wronging their original supplier by changing their purchasing arrangements.

If one member of a relationship should feel threatened or jealous, they must look at their own business model and ask whether it is performing competitively. There is always room for improvement.

Relationship Contract Legal Recording

WILSON: Listen, I know I don't have the right to make demands of you, but I need you to understand that I want to change our arrangement.

FOURNIER: I hear what you're saying and I will try to respect it. How would you like to change it?

WILSON: I would like to reduce our contact hours.

FOURNIER: How much further can we do that?

WILSON: To zero.

FOURNIER: You're dumping me?!

WILSON: I'm changing the terms of our relationship.

FOURNIER: How is it still a relationship if we don't see each other?!

WILSON: It's a relationship of a kind. You have so many expectations.

FOURNIER: I feel you just want to spend more time with that dumb guy and his dumb robot suit.

WILSON: That's not a feeling, it's a judgment. And I feel hostility in what you're saying. Perhaps your jealousy is a sign that you need to take another look at your business model. Why can't you just be happy for me?

FOURNIER: I am happy for you! And I'm happy for all the guys in the Prawn bay! I'm just not happy for me.
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    If I could chose anything, I would bring gold, diamonds, my cutefish (sadly not possible in my current survival) and one of the alien robots (the ones in the last two alien bases) because it says that they are worth a lot of money in the PDA.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Ion crystals. As they are a product of an alien technology, Alterra cannot own them the way that can claim to own natural resources like diamonds. Plus of course the cure for the Curare, which has immeasurable value and likewise cannot be owned by Alterra as it is he product of another intelligent, and in this case native, species.

Heck, their claim in general is worthless as there is an extant, intelligent alien species living on the planet.
  • LavLav Minsk, Belarus Join Date: 2018-06-18 Member: 241524Members
    Heck, their claim in general is worthless as there is an extant, intelligent alien species living on the planet.
    For this to work though you'd need to transport one of Sea Emperors, so (s)he would challenge Alterra in court. :-)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Lav wrote: »
    For this to work though you'd need to transport one of Sea Emperors, so (s)he would challenge Alterra in court. :-)

Prosecutor: So, "Sea Emperor", what is your history with the Defendant?

Sea Emperor: Ẁ̴̯͊̾̈́h̸͎͈͖̓͊͋a̶̖̘̾͗̾̀t̷͑͜͜ ̶̟͖̙̱́̇͛͑a̸̝̋̔r̸͙̣̀̈́̊͘ẽ̶̛̮͋ ̸̛͉́̕̚y̵̥͎͙̞͗͐ȍ̸̭͍ù̵͗?