Subnautica Update 84 on Xbox One - Subnautica

Comments

• ZuluCalmZuluCalm United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238666Members
    Looking forward to future updates with new content.
  • AQUATICOUSAQUATICOUS USA Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239648Members
    I LOVE this game! Thank you for the XBOX version.
  • XiarnoXiarno Private Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239680Members
    Yeah, performance issues and stability on Xbox One are you're priority number one. All the time I get killed, it's mostly because a reaper didn't have time to load, and when it load, it's already in front of me, ready to instant kill me. It take a lot of time to load when you move, and it really bothering, not only because of being killed, but spawning in something that hasn't spawned yet destroy you're seamoth instantly. And yet, this is only loading time, but there is alot of lag everywhere. As I said, bringing content on Xbox One right now is not necessary, but making it stable and more enjoyable is a huge priority. I hope you can get over it :)
  • JAMS0JAMS0 USA, VA Join Date: 2017-05-17 Member: 230585Members
    (We are taking our time to ensure we release subnautica properly.) The idea to land on the moon and actually do it, took less time than the X1 1.0 release of this game...
  • DamdChaosDamdChaos ohio Join Date: 2016-07-19 Member: 220447Members
    Forced to start over after finally getting to the Sea Emperor! Inside the Emperor's aqarium is a portal. Not the one she uncovers next to her eggs, but the one that brings you out over the aqarium. I'm assuming for easy exit for those without the Prawn jet upgrade. After activation of the portal I saved just before going through and turned the game off after seeing where the portal led. Save file now corrupted. Every time I load my save the terrain isnt fully loaded and I fall through the bottom. The game wont let me swim up or use the seaglide. I'm only able to look around while falling into the void. 2 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY GONE!
  • lvablescamplvablescamp London Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232518Members
    Absolutely love the game, love the amount of content and love the passion you have shown for your community and your art.

Only two major xbox issues exist, draw distance and lag in order of priority.
    Draw distance "Almost" makes the game unplayable once you get to the lava zones or any complicated biome, with all those wonderfully large creatures. lag makes the game significantly harder than it should be, trying to escape a predator when i have a frame rate of about 2... impossible.

I hope you guys continue with this project after completion, i'd happily buy a DLC or two, free content would be appreciated wink wink*

Won yourself a fan, will be watching for anymore games of similar quality.
  • ToLongWongToLongWong us Join Date: 2018-05-12 Member: 240682Members
    Ok, love the game, l'm 'hooked', and it is well worth the money even though I have to play through all the bugs. No need to repeat them because everyone here can read all about it. My hope is that the devs would add at least one additional save game slot for Xbox 1 players. It bugs the crap outta me that after I put 10 days, 15 hrs, 23 mins into the game that it sudenly crashes and corupts my one and only save game file. 255 hrs of game play lost. I'm not asking you guys to fix another bug, l know you are working on that, and thank you. Just pls, pls, pls one more save game slot so us lowly game addicts don't have to go all the way back to square one when we crash?
  • lukepar13lukepar13 Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240713Members
    the game is great just hate lagyness

• crazyPuppy5353crazyPuppy5353 England Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235767Members
    I’ve been waiting 3 years and it’s still not fully released! I’m thankful that your taking your time to make sure there are no problems but, if u can please hurry up as I don’t want to play the game again until the full release on Xbox One is out!!
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I’ve been waiting 3 years and it’s still not fully released! I’m thankful that your taking your time to make sure there are no problems but, if u can please hurry up as I don’t want to play the game again until the full release on Xbox One is out!!

They aren't gonna release it for a while. The xbox version is a lot harder to work with.

Plus, the Xbox and PC versions are at the exact same points in development. The game is virtually finished, just buggy. It's basically released at this point.
  • Nick1999Nick1999 Romeoville, Illinois Join Date: 2018-05-20 Member: 240837Members
    Great game and i love it all im waiting on is the few bugs and glitches (as well as some frame lag) to be fixed with time. Hopefully one day it'll have a multiplayer function but i know how difficult that is.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Nick1999 wrote: »
    Great game and i love it all im waiting on is the few bugs and glitches (as well as some frame lag) to be fixed with time. Hopefully one day it'll have a multiplayer function but i know how difficult that is.

Multiplayer mod is still in development, but the devs won't make it. Only the modders are working on it, so right now it's PC only.
  • frogazfrogaz sweden Join Date: 2018-06-19 Member: 241549Members
    edited June 2018
    hi when can we expect update 85 to come?
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Probably in 85 years
  • pauliepaulie Join Date: 2018-07-07 Member: 242010Members
    will achievements be added to the game at some point?

• patrlimpatrlim Ireland Join Date: 2018-07-09 Member: 242056Members
    no updates. as regards to this version sea emperor would say"we have not had an update for so long" but i understand you require time. i love devs that listen and dont fill games that have 3000 *insert currency here* in microtransactions. subnautica is awesome and with arctic dlc coming its gonna be a great next few years looking at progress and building up hype - please stay awesome.

PS:If you read this far, add sea emperors to the expansion
  • ben_morganben_morgan New York Join Date: 2018-07-09 Member: 242057Members
    Great game, happy that bought it)
  • frogazfrogaz sweden Join Date: 2018-06-19 Member: 241549Members
    edited July 2018
  • REESESPUFFSREESESPUFFS Join Date: 2018-07-02 Member: 241881Members
    all hail the mesmer
  • TomnortheastsTomnortheasts Canada Join Date: 2017-07-14 Member: 231834Members
    When are the next updates for xbox coming out and please dont remove the cyclops sub as that would set my saves back alot
  • TomnortheastsTomnortheasts Canada Join Date: 2017-07-14 Member: 231834Members
    By the way i keep getting black squares in certain areas
  • NomanNoman Cape Town Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238313Members
    i am done 'waiting'. thanks for the fish, i enjoyed it, broken as it was, and good luck.
  • AtlantianAtlantian United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-09-07 Member: 243363Members
    Really nice game, not got so involved since Halo. Fantastic atmosphere and the music is awesome. Very glitchy though, as the warnings state. But will the General Release have any changes to game play? I mean. I have finished the game in story mode, what is it about the GR that will bring me back to pay or play again? If it is just bug fixes, then i have to ask why bother :-(. Be great if you have a different story line and or map. Maybe from another survivors perspective, on the other side of the planet and maybe go deeper? Maybe they are in the debris filed in orbit, and they have to get to the planet from a
    decaying orbit?
    Atlantian wrote: »
    Really nice game, not got so involved since Halo. Fantastic atmosphere and the music is awesome. Very glitchy though, as the warnings state. But will the General Release have any changes to game play? I mean. I have finished the game in story mode, what is it about the GR that will bring me back to pay or play again? If it is just bug fixes, then i have to ask why bother :-(. Be great if you have a different story line and or map. Maybe from another survivors perspective, on the other side of the planet and maybe go deeper? Maybe they are in the debris filed in orbit, and they have to get to the planet from a
    decaying orbit?

1) Theres an expansion coming out for that. New character, place, and story.

2) The release is already out on PC. Xbox is not because it is highly buggy, that's the only reason.

3) There is a debris field, we clear it in the Rocket Launch.
  • AtlantianAtlantian United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-09-07 Member: 243363Members
    @AnomalyDetected: Yes i know about the Ice expansion, but would have liked to do more in the warm so to speak :-). I think there is more they can do with this game, with minimal rework. They would have got revenue them form people who have played the pre-release and the GR version.

If they varied it in the same way that Fortnight is released, they could get a whole lot more revenue out of the game. Yes i know SN map is moving around in 3D space while FN is very much 2D with one lot of Ground based physics and the map is much bigger, but as I say i would pay again, and again if i could do more of the same with decent story and that says a lot...
    Yes I know about the Debris field, just didn't want to show any spoilers... ;-)
    @AnomalyDetected: Yes i know about the Ice expansion, but would have liked to do more in the warm so to speak :-). I think there is more they can do with this game, with minimal rework. They would have got revenue them form people who have played the pre-release and the GR version.

If they varied it in the same way that Fortnight is released, they could get a whole lot more revenue out of the game. Yes i know SN map is moving around in 3D space while FN is very much 2D with one lot of Ground based physics and the map is much bigger, but as I say i would pay again, and again if i could do more of the same with decent story and that says a lot...

But see, the maiden problem is that is a multiplayer game, built for a multiplayer experience. This is a single player game, made for only one player to play the game. Changing it around wouldn't do much.

Plus, Fortnite makes so much money from microtransactions, which Subnautica would not want. They sell skins, items, and cosmetic upgrades. Subnautica would not need those.
    PS: I kinda hate fortnite :P
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

But see, the maiden problem is that is a multiplayer game, built for a multiplayer experience. This is a single player game, made for only one player to play the game. Changing it around wouldn't do much.

Plus, Fortnite makes so much money from microtransactions, which Subnautica would not want. They sell skins, items, and cosmetic upgrades. Subnautica would not need those.
    PS: I kinda hate fortnite :P

I dunno about the skins thing. NS2 does it really well, adding in skins for the characters. The aliens are especially well made,

hnhdf1zgrbh2.png

They're not shoved in everyone's faces, but they still look really cool.

I think something like this could work really well. Maybe a Halloween time update, giving all the creatures in-game a similar treatment to this,

w03f9ho5ect2.jpg

Simple model tweaks, color alterations, nothing flashy, but still well made.

I mean, is it the best idea for a game like this? No, not really. But it would work.
  • RafzakaelRafzakael England Join Date: 2018-10-02 Member: 243923Members
    Hi, I just started playing this on my Xbox. I'm fumbling about as I'm uncertain what I have to do to progress the story. The only other point I have is water consumption. My guy goes through water at the same rate as someone in the desert at noon. Perhaps the water demand could be reduced, so I don't spend too much time grinding for water, please. Relaxing game, very nice.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    Rafzakael. The best way to get water is to get salt deposits. Stock up. I always find that taking two on a journey to be sufficiebt (in emergency use creepvine). To progress the story you have to get to the precursor island called the main quarantine platform. If you want to find it without looking it up there's a beacon in the Aurora. Get a radiation suit and go to the Aurora and loot it. The items you'll need are the radiation suit and the (I honestly can't remember) after tgat you can figure out the rest I'm sure.