ns2_fusion

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Even commanders can see them!
    You should turn comm invisible on for those blades.

Observation is really turning out great. The theme is great. The gameplay and layout of Alien start seems pretty much perfect to me right now. The pipes on both ends, aiding players to get up on the sides, are a great idea too. Now you just need to work on finetuning the visuals in that room.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Mouse wrote: »
    The turbine blades turn!
    5kbezj13lgww.jpg

Seem to be standing still to me :trollface:

You have to move your head side-to-side, stoobid!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Mouse wrote: »
    The turbine blades turn!
    5kbezj13lgww.jpg

Seem to be standing still to me :trollface:

You have to move your head side-to-side, stoobid!

12059779785_64fb54c08f_o.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This update is mostly focused on the Observation tech point

- Each end of the tech point now has power monitoring station things to provide some cover
    - There are trims!!

Other things
    - Storage is now called Power Storage
    - A couple of the overhead panels in Servers have been popped out to make them a bit more difficult to hide behind
    - The alcoves in exits from Servers have been made slightly deeper to make them easier to hide in
    Monitoring stations
    hxnql9dtexim.jpg
    54ganvum50mt.jpg

Trimmss!
    4thyzll9oofr.jpg

Ceiling panels
    ck6h86svuafa.jpg
    Alcoves
    rr5hfhg5e0zh.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Transition & Dice updates

-Transition has had a visual update
    - Dice has another chamber (this means that the gorge fort vent isn't there any more)
    xgou18xg7osc.jpg
    Transition
    lnlz0jl1iowt.jpg
    vmsy5zc1igk0.jpg
    (you can climb/fly over the top of those support props)
    Dice
    6g4zzdq34p4b.jpg
    lpfh90g7bgmc.jpg
    - Observation hive made a bit more alien friendly
    - Transition opened up a bit
    - Shortcut node moved to Dice
    - misc. detailing in Cascade
    6f2e3tz910gx.jpg
    Dice node
    4mcw3tov1544.jpg
    fnwo7juy0l7k.jpg

Transition
    vbichheu7yma.jpg
    lc7p4xn1tdqn.jpg

Observation
    q28yhq492ac3.jpg
    id96lpaa5s6a.jpg
    4aowrriafc8b.jpg
    Updated layout:
    jt8jycbkwn5j.jpg

- Fortress to Shortcut vent removed
    - Power Storage to Cascade vent added (connects to existing Fortress to Power Storage vent)
    - Shortcut resource node moved to Slice
    - Clutter added to Shortcut
    - Added some exterior detail
    New Vent
    bew0dd6bbvqd.jpg
    pxuoofmf6zth.jpg

Slice node
    q4ocwibyuxgc.jpg

Detail
    960dtpfvnrje.jpg
    ep6ecxnb49ha.jpg
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    ready room = hive room?

I'm dissappointed. Make something new. The RR is the perfect place to go crazy with your creativity without needing to worry about gameplay :tongue:
    Mephilles wrote: »
    I'm dissappointed.

:'(
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Maybe the Ready Room is on the other side of the reactor B)
    edited June 2018
    - I've tweaked the lighting & done some detailing in places
    - The bottom half of Fortress has been flattened out
    - The back fence on the Fortress platform has had its middle section removed
    - You can't siege Fortress from the corner between Slice & Shortcut any more
    wdlh38w573gh.jpg
    k2ggbputtbs7.jpg
    odu4rrpupk5d.jpg
    - The Fortress to Shortcut vent is back, again
    - The Transition node has been moved to Transfer
    - Some floor & ceiling cover has been added in Crevice
    Layout
    qfy3c2cw14w8.jpg
    It's baaack
    ce2p2c1rnklu.jpg
    n6m9rhjhwkhz.jpg
    Transfer node
    fia0qjban4a8.jpg
    71y2lzebga51.jpg
    Crevice node
    im5gmkuzasde.jpg
    7x2oro53oxse.jpg
    am92i5125vfp.jpg
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Crevice looks much better now.
    edited July 2018
    I think fusion is now in a place where I can ease up on active development. I'll mostly just be doing detailing & balance tweaking from this point. I'd love it if servers could start trying to play a decent number of games on the map so that I can get some thorough balance feedback (ns2_fusion = ns2_veil2).

Oh and I've finally removed the shipping container from Upper Passage. That area is now a "pseudo-vent" which is a bit slower to move through and can be easily bunkered & ambushed from.
    3dukj5sxqj8l.jpg
    hq212jdcfngc.jpg
    Layout
    49wn3kjznex9.jpg

Changes
    - Vista has some new cover (and the stairs aren't there any more)
    - The Supports to Transfer vent now connects to Observation (you can't attack the hive from the vent)
    - There's a vent between Unloading & Upper Passage
    Vista
    4ea5zym2lg5p.jpg
    7izj52wr5fij.jpg

Observation vent
    homcpehs924k.jpg
    u8pmg57lr2p2.jpg

Upper Passage vent
    28nx01ywtu13.jpg
    8q2b9gyk9ulv.jpg
    A collection of small changes and fixes

- The doors in Upper Passage have been raised slightly. exos & onos can move through there now.
    - The Upper Passage to Unloading vent has been removed
    - A small amount of cover has been added to an arc spot on the Upper Passage side of Unloading.
    - It's easier to get into the Crevice to Supports & Transfer vent
    - Some of the vents with height changes have been tweaked to allow marines to exit them from all of the entrances
    -- Upper Passage to Shortcut
    -- Shortcut to Fortress
    -- Fortress to Power Storage & Cascade
    ARC Cover
    djcg4wrr797r.jpg

New vents
    7rnxtvtfiqhx.jpg
    5zbeibn8ru73.jpg
    - The wall in the middle of Unloading is wider
    - There's something resembling cover on the side of the Crevice stairs
    Unloading
    f3nvymjfrx5w.jpg
    Crevice
    4i2fp139g7hd.jpg
    - The Crevice stairs have a partial wall on the outer edge. This makes it harder to snipe at cysts & gorges from Cascade
    vfhgstp9yn6f.jpg
    zftsycyg1xe1.jpg
    I'm trying to prioritise the propification/detailing of fusion.
    Which parts of the map need props and/or cover?
    kk5wnidqiy6o.png
    Bonus points if you explain why :smile:
    Always had the feeling the part between upper passage and slice needs some love.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Yeah, I concur, Slice could do with some love, Approach would also be nice, but that is less of a priority imo.
    There's a new lerk & skulk only vent underneath Slice.
    It connects the two chasms the run along the map and also opens into the Shortcut-Fortress vent and the Fortress-Power Storage-Cascade vent
    ty20cb51x93y.jpg
    9gwll6tsrqwm.jpg
    jzraz3dbvcjh.jpg
    Layout
    g0hx61udzadc.jpg
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I would lower the steam opacity massively, I know it is for atmosphere, but it is no fun if you can't see anything in a playable area.
  • RuneStormRuneStorm Community Developer and shader wizard Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242554Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2018
    I already gave some feedback to mouse directly, but I'm gonna post it here too.

I think the vents feel a bit disconnected, they sorta just "end" in a giant cave.
    And I'm not sure if I like that the steaming water instantly kills, due to the shape of the cave it's easy to slip off the wall and plummet right into the center of the room, changing it to just cause a ton of damage might be better. (I'm totally fine with the lava instantly killing btw, but at the moment the water doesn't feel menacing and dangerous from a visual point.

(The forum yelled at me to write a post before creating a topic, so here we are :p )
    edited August 2018
    Some updates

- The Sauna water doesn't insta kill you
    - The water looks a lot better now, thanks to @RuneStorm
    - The steam plume in the middle of the sauna has been replaced with a layer of steam just above the water. (it's at the same height as the top of the damage volume)
    - The lava chasms have a layer of smoke at the top of their damage volumes
    - The vent/alcove in Slice has been removed
    - The corner between Slice and Shortcut has received some pretification
    New water
    9iz7dvovn260.jpg
    A video: https://imgur.com/a/37hciCt

Smoke layer
    y3x34nx6y2uk.jpg

Slice/Shortcut corner
    trjfh4e60rmy.jpg
    wdlz70857dlt.jpg
    Update :D

- Fortress completely rebuilt
    - A Fortress - Approach vent added
    - Overhead tram line added in Dice, Slice & Fortress
    - A Slice - Dice vent added
    Layout
    stzga1p7smyh.png

Fortress
    lzjcav3rzyfl.jpg
    tznfvg3cvjcw.jpg
    6rtfc65owsld.jpg

Dice
    0vtdirc0fp9z.jpg

Slice
    jy4r73z9v921.jpg
    Some detailing work
    - Observation has been relit
    - The path between Passage & Slice has been rebuilt
    - Some detailing on the Turnip entrances
    xo6crtolc5b2.jpg0v39nixcb93n.jpg