Killed a Reaper?

DragonbotDragonbot United States Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242579Members

I killed the Reaper Leviathan that hangs out by the Aurora engines. Important note, do NOT hit them with a vortex missile! They horribly spasm and implode while roaring bloody murder at you.

So... Any of you guys killed one? Also, did you survive the trip back to base?

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Pah! Who needs to kill a Reaper? That is so 2016!

These days, it's all about befriending the Reaper! Getting up close and personal, and having a pleasant, lengthy discussion, preferably over tea.

If you haven't discussed the political sovereignty and economic status of the planet over some oolong tea with a Reaper Leviathan, you may as well leave this intellectual conversation now.
    :trollface:
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    One decided to barge through my grassy plateaus biome and started patrolling the border of the crag field to the south. I don’t tolerate that kind of behaviour, so I killed it with an army of rockgrubs.
  • RowletAlexRowletAlex Eleventy-seven Nonexistent Street, Nowhereville, Outer Space. Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239126Members
    Killed my first last night!
    sws3hu7nxcqt.jpeg
    v050i9e6txnu.jpeg
    oyt3qs7zplim.jpeg
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    RowletAlex wrote: »
    sws3hu7nxcqt.jpeg
    v050i9e6txnu.jpeg
    oyt3qs7zplim.jpeg

Why was that in the shallows? Did you spawn it in?
    sws3hu7nxcqt.jpeg
    v050i9e6txnu.jpeg
    oyt3qs7zplim.jpeg

He’s in creative mode! Cheater cheater salad eater!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Dragonbot you killed Sammy? You monster!
  • RowletAlexRowletAlex Eleventy-seven Nonexistent Street, Nowhereville, Outer Space. Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239126Members
    Q_bert wrote: »
    sws3hu7nxcqt.jpeg
    v050i9e6txnu.jpeg
    oyt3qs7zplim.jpeg

I was, in fact, in creative, but the leviathan was killed without damage modifiers at least, and the good old stasis-rifle and knife method.
    I spawned it in in an attempt to get it to fight a Ghost Leviathan with no luck. The Ghost despawned but the reaper did not and was frequently interrupting my fooling around with Crashes and Stalkers, so I decided to kill it. Aside from any damage it sustained while attacking the stalkers I was nuking, it was killed entirely with a knife.
  • LapisWhovianLapisWhovian The Lost River Cove Tree (The base with the moonpool) Join Date: 2018-08-22 Member: 242976Members
    sws3hu7nxcqt.jpeg
    v050i9e6txnu.jpeg
    oyt3qs7zplim.jpeg

I was, in fact, in creative, but the leviathan was killed without damage modifiers at least, and the good old stasis-rifle and knife method.
    I spawned it in in an attempt to get it to fight a Ghost Leviathan with no luck. The Ghost despawned but the reaper did not and was frequently interrupting my fooling around with Crashes and Stalkers, so I decided to kill it. Aside from any damage it sustained while attacking the stalkers I was nuking, it was killed entirely with a knife.

But uh
    YOU couldn't die
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    BTW anyone know if the Sea Dragon can be beat?
    @BlueBottle they can. But not with a knife, you can turn instagib on and it won’t kill it. Use a drill/grapple prawn instead.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow

In my case a Reaper appeared in the "Safe Shallows" just a few days before the official release of the game. I think that they released one Reaper around the shallows in a patch and they removed it shortly after.

I have to say that riding a reaper with a grappling arm, while traveling the shallows at high speed for many kilometers (and of course, punching him non stop) was probably the most fun I had in the "end game" (once you finished all the story and you don't have anything else to do or discover)

aai6ns74q86k.jpg
    b54p2jfnrzts.jpg

b8uju6ang6ve.jpg
    5qlzxzw8vrq7.jpg
  • VKLoweVKLowe Россия Join Date: 2018-08-24 Member: 243022Members
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    BTW anyone know if the Sea Dragon can be beat?

yes
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    @Q_bert sea dragons can be killed with a knife, if instagib didn't work for you theres something else going on on your side, like nodamage might be on
    @JustAHat I never used that... I even set the damage multiplier to 666666666666 and nothing, but one crazhfish to the face and blamo...
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    @JustAHat I never used that... I even set the damage multiplier to 666666666666 and nothing, but one crazhfish to the face and blamo...

I can guarantee 100% the seadragon can be killed with the knife, I did it, you're doing something wrong
  • hungryman52hungryman52 Join Date: 2018-08-25 Member: 243028Members
    I basically just came onto the forums to create a bug report, but I ram across this and was like hell yeah I killed a reaper. (plus I need to have at least one post to start my own topic :( I have only owned Subnautica for 3 years, but whatever) I killed the reaper on the other side of the aurora, I don't know if it is the same one that guards the engines, but I killed it. It actually only took a few knife hits to kill it too. I can't remember exactly how many, but it was on Xbox one and it was before they made it so that leviathans could actually damage the cyclopse, so I was actually trolling the reaper and honking at it and letting it knaw on my ship and laughing at the fact taht it couldn't harm me, and then I started ramming it, then I got really bold and was like, hey I wonder if I can stasis rifle this guy so I hoped out and tried it and was very pleased with the results, and then the next logical question was of course. Can I kill it? and I swear I stasised this guy like 4 times tops and stabbed him maybe 10-15 times and he died. I would say I even stabbed him less than that. I was actually really suprised how fast he died, I can only assume he had already taken damage from me ramming him with my cyclopse. I don't have any pictures as I no longer even own the xbox in question and I have now built myself a nice gaming pc (I truly hate console, I actually gave my xbox one away, I hated it so bad. I felt bad for the guy I gave it to. He was happy enough though, there was about 300 games on the thing...) Anyway thats my story. So yeah I killed a leviathan, and just to add to it. I was playing on hardcore mode, as I have never played subnautica in any other mode than hardcore mode, so yeah Welcome to the Wall of Text.

"Welcome to the Wall of Death" - Prodigy
    Ah yes, but can you slay the mighty Cuddlefish?

Wiki claims they're sporting 10,000 hp - twice that of the Sea Dragon.
    Hmmmmmm... I’ll try.

Also, happy birthday to me!
    That sounds a bit grim. Now I'm regretting my hasty comment . But happy birthday @Q_bert
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I have killed many, many Reapers over my many games. Sometimes I try to exterminate them entirely, but it gets boring pretty fast.

I have killed a Sea Dragon with a knife, but I used a regular knife, not the heat blade. I don't know if this is still the case, but at one point the heat blade didn't work on lava lizards, so with that in mind, I didn't use that on the Sea Dragon.

I've tried to grapple/drill Sea Dragons with the Prawn suit before, but they always shake me off and run away.

@hungryman52 You probably did a ton of damage to that Reaper with your Cyclops, and that's why it took so little to kill it with your knife. Starting from zero, it takes about 125 strikes from a heat blade to kill one these days. Both classes of Ghost Leviathan take more than 200. For the Sea Dragon, I lost count of the number of strikes after 250.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members

just ask @Tarkannen, if anyone has done it, Tark has!
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited August 2018
    Ralij wrote: »

I think they haven't said anything in almost a year, man.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    edited August 2018

I've been off and on for about as long... whoopsie.

Back on topic: Nope, never killed a reaper. Never really had the desire to. Both from not really wanting to tackle a leviathan sized predator with a knife and not needing to take one on unnecessarily.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff

More like a month. :)