Subnautica Challenge Playthroughs

BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
Well, it's a long wait to the next Subnautica...

Hipster
Completes the game eating only sashimi (raw fish) and vegetarian food. And he'd rather die than eat another artificially flavoured nutriblock. Renewable energy sources only (no nukes dude)

Technocrat
Refuses to become a primitive and eat any disgusting fish. Vegetables ok only after last the nutriblock is gone. Once nuclear power becomes available refuses to use any renewable energy sources - on principle.

Old School Natuarlist
Refuses to leave the planet until he's have scanned one of each creature and done his very best to kill it.

Stubborn Realist
Refuses to trust Subnautica's cartoon physics. Won't enter a base through windows or enter a submerged Prawn suit.etc.

Staunch Luddite
After seeing the Aurora explode he concludes that an unchecked use of technology is really to blame for his predicament. Refuses to pilot any vehicle more high-tech than a Seaglide. Likes to plant brain coral.

Comments

• Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    Holy bajeezus... Wait, you can enter a base through a window?
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited August 2018
    Stubbon Realist trusts the floor hatches OK. At least down to 100m or so. Moonpool comes in real handy though. Not sure if he ever finds a way to het into his Prawn suit though once he's built it. My guy plans to build a moonpool over it.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I've done kinds of those before.

I did a vegetarian run (without rushing the island/mountain and only going there when nudged by the game).
    Also a carnivore run. Both runs excluded nutriblocks and relied solely on renewable power (solar and thermal).

Tried one without vehicles (besides seaglide), but it gets boring fast. Too little inventory space, gathering materials without a drill and tons of small bases kinda slow the game down too much. Quited after achieving the cure.

Tried a no bases run, but died about to build a cyclops and did not try again.
    Wanted to try a nuclear only run, but didn't even start it. I'll try it after the engine update.
    edited August 2018
    Nice one @Maalteromm.
    Nukes only right from the start sounds tough. Thought it might be fun to try the irrational Luddite. But a little nervous about the Lava Castle sans Prawn.
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    You can put hatches on the bottom of corridors?! WHY HAVE I NOT KNOWN THIS?!
    Also took me a while to discover floor and ceiling hatches.