Editor Features & Bugs - WISH LIST -

pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by NatureGermany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
A list of needed/wanted Features and Bugs for the Spark Map Editor.

Anyone feel free to contribute.

Features:
  • Replace Prop Feature (similar to Replace Texture) to replace props of the same kind with another type of prop
  • Additional option for Replace Feature to only replace selected objects
  • Layer window options: Enable/disable all layers
  • Change group window so it doesn't select the group, when you select it (add an additional "select group" option similar to select layer)
  • Option to hide CommanderInvisible group (ignores its objects being in active layers)
  • Lighting option to only show lights which are / are not part of LowLights group
  • Option/hotkey to cycle through all selected Decals (helps selecting a specific decal of a group of overlapping decals)
  • Advanced Select filter for only light_spot, light_point or light_ambient

Bugs:
  • Decals block selection of objects behind them, when visible, but switched off at the selection filter
  • Flipped props (negativ scale values) don't create proper pathing or any at all

Comments

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'd also like to see Classic Entities also implemented by default to allow world-trains, elevators, doors, buttons etc (weldables) hopfully someone could work on implementing those so we don't have to have the mod.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Archie wrote: »
    I'd also like to see Classic Entities also implemented by default to allow world-trains, elevators, doors, buttons etc (weldables) hopfully someone could work on implementing those so we don't have to have the mod.

That's the domain of the game engine though, not the editor.... but yes, that'd be awesome!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I'd like to have a group that combines CommanderInvisible and NonCollisionGeometry
    Also I'd like to have a tool that can extrude multiple edges at the same time and bevels them correctly. Would work similar to the trim tool with the exception that it would extrude geometry.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Automatic occlusion generator would be AMAZING!
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Decals that work properly with manipulating tools.
    Decals and cinematic window like the Prop / texture window please, so you can see in thumbnails what you can select.

Work plane PLEASE.

Improved selection tools. Grow / Shrink / Loop / Plausible.

Being able to give a techpoint entity a hive height offset number (so you can have hives floating in the air at your desired height instead of lying on the ground).

Instance mode for prefabs, which basically means, if I change something on a placed prefab, it changes the same things on all other of those placed prefabs, when placed with instance mode selected.

The possibility to smooth adjacent edges.

Scale tool properly working when using Shift and / or Alt.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    pSyk0mAn wrote: »
    Bugs:
    • Flipped props (negativ scale values) don't create proper pathing or any at all

This explains so many things.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    I'd like the "selection box" to only work if your mouse moves more than 5 pixels. On a number of occasions, I've accidentally clicked and dragged the mouse only a few pixels and selected everything behind what I was trying to click on...
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Feature:
    • Test Map - Starts NS2 and loads map with one click
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i would like an option to select multiple faces and extrude them at the same time. you can do this with the trim tool but not the extrude tool.

Snap to grid would also be awesome

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Archie wrote: »

That's the domain of the game engine though, not the editor.... but yes, that'd be awesome!

The thing is though, you gotta edit the editor xml currently to use those, if it came with some basic models and the lua and all you'd need to do was use entities/model from the editor, not exactly ground breaking but more options for map makers :)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Option to disable edge center snap.

Option to disable free move tool (people only use this accidently).