Will there be future PC updates?

ElectrixxGamingElectrixxGaming Join Date: 2018-06-22 Member: 241623Members
This question has probably been asked 1000 times, and I'm sorry for asking this, but will there be future PC updates? I see there's a lot of focus on console right now, but I'm really interested if PC is done already, or we can expect even more content soon.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The game is 'done' in terms of content. We launched 1.0 and got everything in that we wanted to finish the game as a stand-alone experience.

We are still planning performance & bug patches however. A lot of the work that Panic Button are doing for Xbox & PS4 in terms of optimization will be carried over to PC/Mac too.
  • ElectrixxGamingElectrixxGaming Join Date: 2018-06-22 Member: 241623Members
    ok thanks for the answer
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    edited July 2018
    I am looking forward to more bug patches and performance related issues. I have used the F8 submission.
    In the mean time i will do another run on the game and stop before the inactive lava zone area. This is where my prawn suit glitches whenever i re enter the cyclops in the inactive lava zone and i am basically stuck in my prawn suit inside the cyclops. 2 runs in a row this has happened without using any cheats.

The game is wonderful and i acknowledge that you guys have so much work to do so i will wait. :)

I have gifted this game to several people now that is how much i love it. :)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The game is 'done' in terms of content. We launched 1.0 and got everything in that we wanted to finish the game as a stand-alone experience.

We are still planning performance & bug patches however. A lot of the work that Panic Button are doing for Xbox & PS4 in terms of optimization will be carried over to PC/Mac too.

So, umm, what happened to the changes and checkins page? There have been occasional small updates but I have no way to tell what has changed.
  • RageCageRageCage SouthCarolina Join Date: 2018-08-11 Member: 242795Members
    I look forward to the performance issues as well. I’d like to see a slide to adjust item and environmental load distances. I have a pretty awesome rig and I still have constant “pop-in” issues
  • BeddallBeddall Join Date: 2018-08-13 Member: 242829Members
    Will you be fixing the VR experience? It's currently on the Oculus store for £18.99 as a VR game in Early Access... which I feel is a bit misleading as the VR experience is "Broken" to say the least, and devs have commented that the game is complete. There is no way that this is a £18.99 VR experience... it's a good pancake game but anyone paying £18.99 for VR is going to be sorely disappointed. I bought the game as soon as it went on Early Access on steam but I have waited til I got a Oculus Rift to play it... and I too am very disappointed.

Could the devs please issue a comment on this as many people are not happy with the VR experience, which many bought the game for. is it getting updated?
  • TerroDark98TerroDark98 Join Date: 2018-08-08 Member: 242741Members
    I'd like to see more bug patches, and possibly new fauna species.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I'd like to see more bug patches, and possibly new fauna species.

The game is finished. Bug patches will occur as needed but no new content is coming.
  • Ni7sujNi7suj Tennessee Join Date: 2018-08-27 Member: 243074Members
    In the Arctic expansion are there possibilities of new mechanics or are those all locked in?
  • PocketNerdPocketNerd Dragon Falls Join Date: 2018-07-24 Member: 242442Members
    Ni7suj wrote: »
    In the Arctic expansion are there possibilities of new mechanics or are those all locked in?

We don't know much about the expansion yet, but this page has a list of confirmed and possible new features.

https://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion