Any base update ?

GhozgulGhozgul France Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216670Members
Hey folks,

I think the question has been already posted, but I spent 30min into the research forum without any result...

I wanted to know if more base pieces will be added. I already spent a lot of time building base almost everywhere in game, but I would love to see more pieces, like angle corridor with strairs instead of ladder, the moonpoollike room as requested by many people and other. I love create bases, and I found a bit sad to be so limited...

I'm playing for a while now and the only pieces added is the Scanner Room, usefull for resources but that's all.

Comments

• JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
  • GhozgulGhozgul France Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216670Members
    If you can't do a real answer, do nothing next time.
    that is a real answer, no, there won't be new base pieces added to the game
  • GhozgulGhozgul France Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216670Members
    A real answer would have been saying why there will be no base update, at least give a source if you're so sure. Some informations are still better than just a "no".

This is why I hate posting on forums.....
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    @Ghozgul
    I bet the feeling is reciprocal.
    You asked a simple question, on the topic title: "Any base update ?" and in the topic body you expanded it with "I wanted to know if more base pieces will be added".
    To which you received a simple answer.

Nowhere above you asked for sources or reasons, maybe if you did the sole person to take the time to answer you might not have done so. Too much work.
    Instead of politely asking for those you chose to attack the single soul which answered you. Then expanded this attack to include the entirety of forum communities.

Congrats flipper, you played yourself.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    edited July 2018
    DarthOmnis wrote: »
    Short answer? No.
    Long answer? Maybe, but nothing concrete.

the long answer is still a no, theyre not going to add any new features to the game, its complete now
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Short answer? No.

the long answer is still a no, theyre not going to add any new features to the game, its complete now

The OP's question was in regards to new base pieces not new features. On the Trello Roadmap marked, "Expansion pack, maybe, future," They have an item labeled, "Buildable teleporter room prototype," which means that the long answer is a Maybe.
    edited July 2018
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Short answer? No.

The OP's question was in regards to new base pieces not new features. On the Trello Roadmap marked, "Expansion pack, maybe, future," They have an item labeled, "Buildable teleporter room prototype," which means that the long answer is a Maybe.

no, they aren't adding new base pieces to the game, base pieces are features, and they are not adding any more
    When did they announce that no more base additions were being developed for the game? If they did, then why are there still plans for base additions on the roadmap? This is not a clear cut and definitive, "No," it is more like a, "Maybe at some point in the future but highly unlikely."
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're not planing on adding any more content to the base game right now. This is not to say never, but isn't in any plans.