Help! I broke the game like an idiot!

Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
Here's what happened. I was playing in Creative, and decided to spawn a Reefback in the Neptune Rocket's base to see how much the game would break. Turns out that it broke it a LOT. The rocket got teleported away somewhere, and the option to interact with the console on its base appeared. When I look around, new rocket-related options come up (climb ladder, pull switch, prepare time capsule, etc). When certain options appear, using them teleports me into the rocket, which is apparently at -264536921 meters, but upon opening the F1 menu, the player position is apparently NaN. I can teleport away just fine, but the options for the rocket continue to appear so that when I click, it usually allows the mouse to move freely outside the game window, essentially breaking the game. That wouldn't have been so bad had I not been utterly stupid and saved the game multiple times afterward. Does anybody know if there's a file that I can delete to get rid of the rocket, or some other way to remove it?

Comments

• JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    you ascended to a higher plane of existence
    also theres no way to delete the rocket
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
  • SortStrangerSortStranger Join Date: 2018-07-23 Member: 242421Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Q_bert wrote: »
    Here's what happened. I was playing in Creative, and decided to spawn a Reefback in the Neptune Rocket's base to see how much the game would break. Turns out that it broke it a LOT. The rocket got teleported away somewhere, and the option to interact with the console on its base appeared. When I look around, new rocket-related options come up (climb ladder, pull switch, prepare time capsule, etc). When certain options appear, using them teleports me into the rocket, which is apparently at -264536921 meters, but upon opening the F1 menu, the player position is apparently NaN. I can teleport away just fine, but the options for the rocket continue to appear so that when I click, it usually allows the mouse to move freely outside the game window, essentially breaking the game. That wouldn't have been so bad had I not been utterly stupid and saved the game multiple times afterward. Does anybody know if there's a file that I can delete to get rid of the rocket, or some other way to remove it?

Did you ... save the game when it was in that state?!
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    edited July 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Q_bert wrote: »
    That wouldn't have been so bad had I not been utterly stupid and saved the game multiple times afterward.

Did you ... save the game when it was in that state?!

Sadly, yes. Multiple times. I know, I’m stupid.