Light switch

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
I’ve just been thinking wouldn’t it be nice to be able to turn off lights in your base to conserve power? Plus in aquarium rooms it would allow the creatures to show off their bioluminescence. It’s not a nessisary tweak but one I would appreciate.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2018
    You'd figure with all this technology, creating high tech equipment in an instant out of raw materials and environment proof hair gel... They would've been able to create apparently even more advanced tech called:

The Light Switch...
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    In order to promote a high productivity workspace Alterra Corp. discourages the installation of off-switches to all habitat lighting systems. Remember "Your time is our money"
  • FoshyTakashiFoshyTakashi United States Join Date: 2018-07-14 Member: 242176Members
    I believe a power switch to toggle machines on/off for everything would be useful. Water filtration machines drain power like crazy and I don't always feel the need to have them on.
  • ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    I think it would be cool if lights consumed power based on difficulty - Freedom mode would have a low power consumption, Survival would have a moderate power consumption, Hardcore would have a high power consumption.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Here's an alternative mod that does what you want.
    It lets you toggle lights in your base. Click here.