Has xbox been abandoned?

NiitroglycerineNiitroglycerine Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237992Members
Hi all,

I bought subnautica ages ago, loved it but unplayable bugs made me put it down last year.
I decided to have another go at it and I now have 40 hours across two saves that I cannot access.
This game is actually UNPLAYABLE? And has been since purchase now?
I see other posts, many other posts saying the same thing regarding saves, yet there doesn't seem to be any response from the devs?

Any info would be great, if it's been canned I'd rather know so I can go for a refund

Thanks
Niitroglycerine

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Nope. They posted this June 6th:

"We're working on performance improvements, especially terrain optimizations which should help with I/O issues (which the Xbox and low-end machines suffer from the most). This has taken quite a long time, as well as trying to upgrade to Unity 2018. Upgrading the engine can give us some more more performance improvements but again, it's not a simple thing to do. Upgrading engines breaks many things, so you have to rebuild stuff you've already built without breaking anything else.

So yes we're still working on Xbox stuff. It just takes time to get deep into things."

Then this on June 28:

"It's in Game Preview for this reason; we're still working on performance issues. We wont be releasing '1.0' until we're happy with performance.

The game is exactly the same as the PC version, including all the exact same content. There is no difference between the two currently. "

Source: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2385499#Comment_2385499

It hasn't been abandoned or canned, I wish there was more updates or information as well, but they are still working on it and I'd rather they do that then comb the forums all the time.

As far as save data goes I have no idea, I have been here since day 1 on the Xbox and even my first, original saves work to this day.
  • NiitroglycerineNiitroglycerine Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237992Members
    Hey,
    Thanks alot for the response!! I'd hunted for some answers but had no luck so good to hear this!!
    Is a really enjoyable game so I hope it gets there.

As for the save bug, after having two saves corrupt (one 30hrs in the other about 10) I did alot of hunting online and found lots of people with similar issues, but no single cause. It's just made me not want to invest time in it until I know its not going to corrupt on me or the like.

Here's to hoping! Would love to finish someday!

Thanks again for the info, and putting my mind at ease ^^
    Niitroglycerine
  • ben_morganben_morgan New York Join Date: 2018-07-09 Member: 242057Members
    Bro, google can help you)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    tl;dr: no. Q: why haven't they hired a ton more developers and expanded (to include faster updates for XB1 & PC)? A: Dunno. Maybe there was a lot of debt to pay off after Subnautica? Or they have something else up their sleeve??
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    There latest tweet, and news is, they've hired a company called Panic Button Games, see link https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/accelerating-subnautica-xbox-development/
    Copy into your browser for full story. They apparently have experience of working with XB1, architecture, so hopefully in the very near future, we'll have all the updates and then move to full release.
  • TheBoss097TheBoss097 Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240313Members
    Yeah, Panic Button is really speeding things up, from what I've heard, I will try out Subnautica again soon
  • TheBoss097TheBoss097 Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240313Members
    But no, they will not be abandoning Xbox
  • jamesfernandesjamesfernandes USA Join Date: 2018-07-22 Member: 242406Members
    i am not able to create topic so i am just typing my issue here please dont mind people,some moderaters would help me
    if they see this,
    I've had the absolute worst case scenario trying to enjoy my Xbox One X. I bought one a few weeks after launch and pretty quickly started to have problems. I'd often get E102 or E105 errors that would require me to factory reset my console, sometimes it would even freeze once I'd try and select factory reset and I'd need to wait about an hour or so to actually perform the reset. Then about 5 or 6 hours later I would have to do it again.

So I sent my X in for repair and got it back 2 weeks later and it still wasn't working. So I did the advanced replacement program and my new One X worked for about a month until it started to have the same exact problems. Every day I need to completely reset my Xbox and start from scratch, and it's even more frustrating because it won't work if I don't erase all my games and apps.

What am I doing wrong? I'm plugged directly into the wall, no surge protector or power strip, and my console is in a well-ventilated space. I'm apprehensive to talk to Xbox Support again because I've already talked to them over a dozen times and I get the feeling they don't believe me.

It's really a nightmare, I just want to play my Xbox but it's been an exhausting problem for months. Does anyone have any solutions? It's certainly possible that I got my hands on a pair of screwy consoles but I'd like to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong myself.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Update: I’m sending this one in for repair too, fingers crossed it’s actually fixed this time.

Update #2: So today my Xbox arrived at the repair center and I checked my email to notice that the serial number was incorrect. I contacted Xbox chat and requested to see my chat log because I was certain I gave the correct serial number but I wanted to be sure before I confronted them. They told me they were unable to give that to me, for some reason, so I'll be saving all of my chat logs with them. They said they checked themselves though and noticed that I did say the correct serial number and they were incorrect. Though I won't know until tomorrow whether or not things will work out.

Update: When my Xbox One X arrived it worked fine this time! Frustrating to go through all this but I’m glad it’s working now!

• barrysingh102barrysingh102 nevada Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255647Members
    Microsoft has sensationally abandoned its controversial plans to restrict the sharing of Xbox One games, and has also removed daily online authentication requirements for its forthcoming console. ... There will now be no limits on gifting, re-selling, sharing or renting Xbox One game titles.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
  • AoDDeepfriedAoDDeepfried South Carolina Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247643Members
    Last I heard Subnautica is done, subzero is considered as Subnautica 2: Subzero not a dlc.
  • lilmoustenlilmousten Join Date: 2020-04-25 Member: 260396Members
    Dude the dev doesn't answers any fucking thread, maybe you'll get an answer sometime like a politician ''oh we doing this, everythings fine, im the best president ever, bla bla bla'', but nothing specific'.

They can't even fix the prawn suit bug that fall thru map after 2 years. They almost never answer any thread, even tho you wait days for an answer to give them ''chances'' to do it, but no.

They got your money in their pocket, why would they care, it's not like they'll give you a refund or something.

SO MAN, if they can't fix things on PC ...... I wouldn't even think about fixing it on console.

man, to me this is SCAM, they robbed me of my money saying ''play my game, it will be fun'' But I can't have the fun of playing the game since it's UNPLAYABLE for the second half of the game !!
  • Mark657Mark657 Join Date: 2020-04-29 Member: 260459Members
    Really seems like they have. They haven’t responded to almost anything in what seems like over six months about consoles. Disappointed.
  • ContainerFurContainerFur TN Join Date: 2020-05-01 Member: 260571Members
    Mark657 wrote: »
    Really seems like they have. They haven’t responded to almost anything in what seems like over six months about consoles. Disappointed.

I understand how tough it can be to make/sustain a game but good lord this is just sad. This game on xbox is just absolute aids. Save file with over 4 days of play time is "corrupt". We shouldn't "have to standstill the whole time it's saving". Notice most games nowadays have a quick save feature? Beautiful game and concept, worst execution and worse customer support than Comcast.
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    Yup. I have been patient with this game for years... I still feel it's one of the best but they straight abandoned console players... I feel like they just took our money and ran... I was impressed by this small team of developers but now I'll never respect any product they release again, and I'm warning everyone to save thier money for a game the developers wanted to be proud of.

The big competition for subnautica back during launch was no mans sky... and NMS failed HORRIBLY at launch... but they fixed it. It took years, but they listened and improved the game. Unknown could learn from them, and you know maybe bugfix once after a few years.

But I doubt it. They even abandoned thier own forums... we are just venting to each other.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Cristof wrote: »
    Yup. I have been patient with this game for years... I still feel it's one of the best but they straight abandoned console players... I feel like they just took our money and ran... I was impressed by this small team of developers but now I'll never respect any product they release again, and I'm warning everyone to save thier money for a game the developers wanted to be proud of.

The big competition for subnautica back during launch was no mans sky... and NMS failed HORRIBLY at launch... but they fixed it. It took years, but they listened and improved the game. Unknown could learn from them, and you know maybe bugfix once after a few years.

We just updated Xbox the other week , and we're close to updating PS4. It's taken a while to get console development back up and running, because Panic Button were working on our console versions, and for a while now we've been working on bringing console development back in-house. PLus on top, engine updates and FMOD updates which take a long time to bring the SDKs back up to parity. For a small team like ours, that's a big effort. More updates are coming to all platforms.
    Cristof wrote: »
    But I doubt it. They even abandoned thier own forums... we are just venting to each other.

A number of us post on the forums and have been active. That can be seen from https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica
    As an exmaple:
    NlX2WSC.png

We dont really post at weekends or out of work hours, as we don't believe in crunch or having to work overtime so responses are when we can.