Marine rifle lag / stopping in update 323 while continuously pressing M1 fire

VVisdomVVisdom Rush, NY Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188948Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I'm a huge NS2 fan but the most recent patch has caused a serious problem for me, leaving marine play useless. So far I've experienced this on every server running update 323 while before the update no lag was present. When I'm not directly in battle my rifle seems to work fine, I can quick hit, press and hold without issue. The moment I get in to battle and press and hold the rifle trigger my gun will continuously fire for 1-3 second, stop, start, stop and sometime not start again. All while keeping the mouse button pressed. I have to keep pressing and releasing my trigger and even then it sometimes stops in battle. The heavier the battle the worst it gets. I'm running a 1080 GPU with a quad core i7 3.4 GHz and 16 GB mem on a solid DSL connection, granted it's only 6 MBs but it's been great for the past few years of NS2. Based on the update I noticed "Rifle firing sound fidelity increased along with many channel usage optimizations.". I'm very close to recording my game play to show how bad this is. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Very disappointing, may have to cancel my reserve slots soon.
-VVisdom

Comments