[BUG] Seamoth disappearing

martinfishermartinfisher Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241848Members
Hello, after making my Seamoth I decided to go on an expedition, and I stopped in front of a deep crevasse. I leave the Seamoth in the crevasse at 180m depth and I go down with the Seaglide.

After exploring I go back and my Seamoth is gone. On the tag manager, there is no more. I do not understand, go back to my base and I do it again.

I'm leaving on an expedition and it disappears again ....

So I enter the order no cost to remake one for free and again the same thing ...

The bug report F8 does not work, that's why I'm here on this forum.

Any ideas to solve my problem?

Comments

• martinfishermartinfisher Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241848Members
    Please, can you help me ?
  • snikmijsnikmij Britain Join Date: 2018-07-09 Member: 242062Members
    I have a similar problem although I do have an image of the seamoth in my PDA but it's about 10 metres below the ground, is it possible to remote control it? Reason I ask is that one of my cameras from the scanner room somehow managed to go below ground level but moving it about the area eventually bought it above the ground. It was then taken by Stalker but that's a gripe I have for another part of the forum.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Use the terraformer. I think there's a link in my signature about using it (item 514). The terrain won't save, so be sure to park your Seamoth where there wont' be any terrain after the re-load. Save, re-load, and your done.
    It worked, thank you very much 0x6A7232, got my Seamoth back parked it in my Cyclops, saved and reloaded and everything back to normal. Wow.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've had creatures like crabsquids knock my Seamoth through the terrain when they attacked it, leaving me to drown in the Deep Grand Reef. Clipping through terrain is definitely a problem sill.

As for the disappearing Seamoth @martinfisher reported, I'm not sure. If its beacon doesn't show on the map anymore, it may well be gone. Unless it's getting destroyed, it should remain. And btw, a Warper will destroy your Seamoth in just a few hits, so if you're out by the Western Blood Kelp trench, keep an eye out for them. They'll definitely attack it even if you're not inside.
    I think it was Stalkers in my case as their was a few around at the time and I had to stab a few to keep them away also for some odd reason, after my Seamoth disappeared, I found Titanium and Quartz floating and hovering above sea level. Plus I found a camera from the Scanner room underneath the seafloor and later, found a Stalker trying to 'push' itself into the ground!
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited August 2018
    I had a problem with unattended Prawn suits vanishing when parked outside my lost river junction base. Turned out a mischievious ghost leviathan was chewing on them behind my back!

Another time parked a Seamoth just a little too close to its crush depth, and loading a recent save relpayed the very unfortunate consequences. You could always ID your problem that way.

However if your craft has gone and clipped itself through some terrain it still should show up on your beacon pip menu. In which case you might want to dig it out using a terraformer via the console commands (check the Subnautica Wiki).

Safe swimming