[BUG] PRAWN stuck at the bottom of the Alien Thermal Plant

OSubMarinOSubMarin FR Join Date: 2018-04-27 Member: 240362Members
Hello,

When I went out of the Alien Thermal Plant with my PRAWN, I accidentaly felt at the bottom.
That should be OK but my PRAWN got stuck there.
It was not able to use propulsion and he was sitting on the floor when exiting it : Exactly like if it was above water.
Only solution I found searching forums was to spawn a new PRAWN using console...
Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you.

Comments

• Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    If the game bugs out and makes you seem like you're not underwater, sometimes taking leaps of faith off higher places can trigger the game to put you "back in the water". Again, it's a leap of faith. xD
  • zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    You could try some quirky things such as;

1. While inside the Prawn do a jump, yes it will be small but upon doing the jump eject yourself from the Prawn.
    2. Try a combination of jumping and grappling the ground several feet in front of you.
    3. If you're not friendly with Warpers try to bait them into warping you out of your Prawn.

I had this happen to me once before but I cannot remember how I fixed it.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    Now that I think about it. You could probably spawn in a grappling arm and use it temporarily to get yourself out of the hole. If you still can't, maybe use two grappling arms and spider man your way out until the game realizes "hey we're underwater dummy". When finished just trash the two arms you spawned in so you don't feel like you cheated. Unless you don't care, that's your call lol.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Unfortunately, the Prawn grappling arm doesn't do much( if anything) out of water.
  • OSubMarinOSubMarin FR Join Date: 2018-04-27 Member: 240362Members
    Indeed. I tried everything and it's still stuck.
  • MichizureIMichizureI Chile Join Date: 2018-06-21 Member: 241603Members
    same happens to me, any solution yet?
  • FluffyMcMuffinsFluffyMcMuffins United States Join Date: 2018-06-24 Member: 241676Members
    Having a different problem in a similar area. I supposed I logged out with my Prawn suit on top of one of the structures in the volcanic area. When I logged in the suit was stuck inside the wall of the structure. It's about 20m in from the side, 15m down from the top, and 27m up from the closest I can get underneath it. Is there any way to unstick things like this? =(
  • MissKappyMissKappy United States Join Date: 2018-06-29 Member: 241800Members
    I had this issue in the Alien Thermal Plant as well. tried jumping and grappling, etc. but nothing worked. It seems like it is a problem specifically with the prawn suit that got stuck. spawning in a new prawn suit and transfering the upgrades/items to the new one worked for me. the new prawn suit registers just fine that it is underwater. Hope this helps someone. :P
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited June 2018
    Personally, when that happens I feel comfortable entering a console code for a new vehicle
  • demonofrazgrizdemonofrazgriz Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241832Members
    Had the same problem. I was able to grapple my way out of the Thermal plant. Once I was able to get back into the Cyclops, it triggered as "back under water". Was extremely frustrating until then.
  • holyshiitsholyshiits Malaysia Join Date: 2018-07-24 Member: 242444Members
    edited July 2018
    I have the same issue today, except it's worse and even my player himself can't swim in the area, the whole area just become a dry land.
    I'm currently leaving it as is until I figure out a solution to fix this, very frustrating with such a bug.
    I'm unable to post link since I'm a new user. The video below shows the problem.
    video : youtube.com/ watch?v=nxzqQ7BB2C4
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    holyshiits wrote: »
    I have the same issue today, except it's worse and even my player himself can't swim in the area, the whole area just become a dry land.
    I'm currently leaving it as is until I figure out a solution to fix this, very frustrating with such a bug.
    I'm unable to post link since I'm a new user. The video below shows the problem.
    video : youtube.com/ watch?v=nxzqQ7BB2C4

Use the console
    nocost

(IIRC that's the code) and use the Hab Builder to make an I-Compartment and Hatch. Enter, Exit, deconstruct, and put in
    nocost

again to disable the cheat.