Scanning a Reaper Leviathan

Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
guzrpbfmekw1.png
In your playthrough have you had the guts to scan a reaper?
Post edited by Aurora_Survivor on

Scanning a Reaper Leviathan 38 votes

Yes
63%
Kouji_Saned155Alex93090Gourmet_Guyssutcliffebaronvonsatanjamintheinfinite_1Crewman87OjakokkoShuttleBugAnomalyDetectedelfcrisisRecursionMaalterommCire555JustAHatQ_bertAlecBeachJudasFmSaltfuricAcid 24 votes
No
5%
VHDDrewpants 2 votes
Not yet
13%
AmadeoneGarcia16LavCharuatiThe_Meme_Bugs 5 votes
Too scared
13%
LeeTwentyThreeSunwolfHunter387PokémonFanmasterofyeet 5 votes
Came close to scanning it
5%
FlametuskIHateBonesharks 2 votes

Comments

• FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members Posts: 69 Advanced user
    I scanned both varieties of Ghost leviathans.
    It is my opinion that the best place to build a base is the northern end of the Sparse Reef.

That moment when you accidentally eat the last Marblemelon.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members Posts: 87 Advanced user
    Yes
    It's easy with the stasis rifle, although with a Reaper one can usually avoid it. You can even scan a Sea Dragon if you can get it in stasis!
    reem70
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 516 Advanced user
    Yes
    Yes, but I cheat and use the Stasis Rifle. You still have to sit there and let the Reaper charge you first, though, so I suppose there is some danger if you miss your first shot.

Ghost Leviathans are harder to do this with, because the hit box on their head is weird. I often miss when I expect to hit.
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 134 Advanced user
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    Yes
    Dancing with Reapers

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    I wonder if anyone has ever tried scanning one without a stasis rifle.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited June 2018
    Yes
    I wonder if anyone has ever tried scanning one without a stasis rifle.

Hi

Ghost as well, they may have speed, but they also have the turning circle of a battleship :D
    Post edited by Kouji_San on

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

ShuttleBugRalij
  • AlecBeachAlecBeach Join Date: 2018-06-09 Member: 241267Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    Yes
    I've scanned nearly each creature. Except the Dragon
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    I'm playing Hardcore.

rkfedqea2tnr.jpg
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    elfcrisisRalij
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members Posts: 481 Advanced user
    Yes
    What about scanning the sea dragon?
    I'm a stupid person who makes stupid games and constantly self-deprecates his stupid life because he's a stupid idiot.

Yeah, I'm a bit messed up.
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members Posts: 134 Advanced user
    Yes
    Recursion wrote: »

ez
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members Posts: 69 Advanced user

Easier than scanning the reaper.
    It is my opinion that the best place to build a base is the northern end of the Sparse Reef.

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 516 Advanced user
    Yes
    @Recursion Sea Dragon doesn't have nearly the turning radius of the Reaper, so it's easier to get around. The biggest problem (besides it eating you) is that it's /fast/. It easily outruns your Seaglide.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members Posts: 481 Advanced user
    Yes
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @Recursion Sea Dragon doesn't have nearly the turning radius of the Reaper, so it's easier to get around. The biggest problem (besides it eating you) is that it's /fast/. It easily outruns your Seaglide.

That's why you make sure you gave it a good stasis before running for safety in the prawn you parked in the lava castle.
    I'm a stupid person who makes stupid games and constantly self-deprecates his stupid life because he's a stupid idiot.

Yeah, I'm a bit messed up.
    Yes
    elfcrisis wrote: »

That's why you make sure you gave it a good stasis before running for safety in the prawn you parked in the lava castle.

Stasis rifle is cheating in my book, I for one haven't even made one :D

• SunwolfSunwolf United States Join Date: 2018-06-21 Member: 241600Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Too scared
    I enjoy delicious toast.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members Posts: 256 Advanced user
    Yes
    After I killed one, of course.
    subsig.jpg
    Alex93090
  • SaltfuricAcidSaltfuricAcid United States Join Date: 2018-06-22 Member: 241610Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    Yes
    One of my first major "no point but why not" goals, actually. It's kind of a right-of-passage, in my opinion. Oh, and no statis rifle, yeah. That's just lame! :D
  • AlecBeachAlecBeach Join Date: 2018-06-09 Member: 241267Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    Yes
    I try to scan every creature in the game. I love knowing about them
    I would like to change my vote to Yes. No vehicle, no console commands, no stasis rifle, no reinforced dive suit, I just went out to the Dunes a kilometer from my base, scanned a Reaper, healed up, finished scanning it, and then swam back to my base.

• OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members Posts: 226 Advanced user
    Yes
    Scanned both leviathans (back then only reaper and dragon) sans stasis rifle in EA
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members Posts: 138 Advanced user
    Yes
    One was invading my grassy plateaus so i decided to scan it before killing it.
    Don’t steal my plants.
  • DragonbotDragonbot United States Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242579Members Posts: 15 Advanced user
    Yes
    Possibly the most terrifying thing I've ever done in Subnautica, but yah (although I haven't tried the Sea Dragon yet).
  • LapisWhovianLapisWhovian The Lost River Cove Tree (The base with the moonpool) Join Date: 2018-08-22 Member: 242976Members Posts: 10 Fully active user
    Yes
    I took Wraith (my Cyclops) out to the mountain island and parked it, then I threw my entire inventory into the lockers. Armed with only a scanner and a seaglide, I did it.
    I scanned a reaper.
    But then it killed me and I had to restart (hardcore). Should've parked Wraith closer.
    hello is this the krusty krabsnake
    Q_bertnarfblat