The other planet

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
In some Nautica you can see another planet in the sky constantly orbiting you inside the moons orbit it took me forever to realize this but do you think that planet is 4546A?

Comments

• Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members
    edited June 2018
    Actually, they’re probably both moons. Planets can have a lot of moons.

EDIT: This likely also explains why 4546B is an ocean planet, because the proximity of the red moon and the existence of the second would pull a lot of water towards it.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    I love how they eclipse the star occasionally.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    I love how they eclipse the star occasionally.

I for one was really surprised they even added this to the game. I was also very lucky at the right place at the right time to see it.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Lol, must be frustrating for devs who to craft in cool features that almost no one notices.

It would be interesting if various creature behaviours were made to coincide with this kind of thing. Maybe making rare resources that could only be gathered during a mass coral spawning during an eclipse.

Next thing you know everyone's paying attention to the sky, and fans are wiki-ing all the planetary orbital paths and alignment sequences.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    edited July 2018
    Yeah for some reason one of my Xbox saves had a bug to where there was literally an eclipse almost every single day in game so it actually got kinda annoying for my solar panel
  • seubmarineseubmarine Join Date: 2018-06-25 Member: 241694Members
    I actually remember having the eclipse during
    The sunbeam been destroy
    that was fucking beautiful ! :D